News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.  "PERSONAL ATTACKS" will not be tolerated.  Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: NCCU vs. Delaware State on ESPNU Monday January 26, 2015 @ 7:00 EST  (Read 4649 times)

Offline eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: NCCU vs. Delaware State on ESPNU Monday January 26, 2015 @ 7:00 EST
« Reply #60 on: January 27, 2015, 09:32:00 PM »
Dry?!?  This was one of the best televised and well attended black college basketball games ever.  The excitement in Mcdougal gymnasium hasn't been this high since Clifton Daye used to call RDU and tell them he was about to take off.  The game and atmosphere in Durham was "turnt up."

You must not attend all of our games.  The point was made that we wait until the game is on the line to get up and cheer.  Our band played one song in the first half.  Yes the game was hyped, but all our games should come close to this. 
Whether great or small, victory is victory!

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 27, 2015, 11:22:29 PM »
EP
are you jumping up and down from start to finish at every game?

Offline Bro. Askia Musa Afiba

• Assistant GM
  • "Sound Machine" Band Booster & NCCU Eagle Club
    • View Profile
    • NCCU Eagles Fan Forum
« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2015, 12:58:46 PM »
A thrilling finish comes down to the last shot as NCCU runs their home winning streak to 31 games with a win over Delaware State. MEAC Basketball from 1/26/15. @

Offline TrueEagle

• Assistant GM
  • Asst. GM
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nccueaf.org
« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2015, 01:44:52 PM »
EP
As a student, I did. As well as my friends. We didn't go to the games to "just sit". You can hear a pin drop at some points of our games. Again, I don't mean to complain and I will give credit to the crowd when the game was on the line. But there oughta at least be be noise ANYTIME the other team is on the foul line....not just the end of the games. And again, I think we are spoiled with a 31 game win streak.
"The EAGLE is no common, ordinary barnyard fowl, and while a sparrow clings to its flock, AN EAGLE SOARS ALONE!" -Dr. James Shepard, Founder of NCCU    :nod:

Offline eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 28, 2015, 02:28:47 PM »
EP
As a student, I did. As well as my friends. We didn't go to the games to "just sit". You can hear a pin drop at some points of our games. Again, I don't mean to complain and I will give credit to the crowd when the game was on the line. But there oughta at least be be noise ANYTIME the other team is on the foul line....not just the end of the games. And again, I think we are spoiled with a 31 game win streak.

I agree.  To answer Maroon & Gray, no because I would be the only one doing so.  When you have a pep band with no pep, it causes a quietness at games.  It is our job to give our team a home court advantage. 

Offline The Sloping Hills and Verdent Green

• Assistant GM
  • #1 NCCU Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 28, 2015, 02:42:04 PM »
EP

TE,

You are from a different generation of students.  In the mid 1980s and beyond a game at NCCU and noisy and exciting.  Student bodies from WSSU, FSU, Shaw, St. Aug's, etc would come to our place and try to get loud.  Our students responded and that kept noise going.   The cheerleader battles were epic. We don't have that now in the MEAC.  The only game were our students get into the entire game is A&T.  And because A&T has a no visiting cheerleading policy their cheerleaders will not come to NCCU even though they have been invited.  BTW, you were on the football team back in your day.  The football team always came to basketball games win or lose to support the basketball team.  You always sat on the bleachers across from the basketball team.  And you all knew how to start and keep mess going in a game.   :lol:  :lol:

I must say that Monday night's game against Delaware State was the best non A&T MEAC attended game we have ever had since our move to Div I.  I was at the game and when I got home I watched the game again.  The noise level on TV does not even compare to the actual noise level inside of the gym.  It was crazy and loud late in that game.  A former Alumni Director said to me during the game the atmosphere at the game was like that of the 1980s and 1990s.

In defense of the pep band, they are told when they can and cannot play.  If extra timeouts are taken they are probably not sure if they can play or if announcements are going to be made.  At times our horrible PA announcer will tell the pep band or DJ that they can play.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 03:05:16 PM by The Sloping Hills and Verdent Green »

LOOK OUT MEAC WE ARE BACK AND READY

Offline eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 28, 2015, 09:07:32 PM »
EP

TE,

You are from a different generation of students.  In the mid 1980s and beyond a game at NCCU and noisy and exciting.  Student bodies from WSSU, FSU, Shaw, St. Aug's, etc would come to our place and try to get loud.  Our students responded and that kept noise going.   The cheerleader battles were epic. We don't have that now in the MEAC.  The only game were our students get into the entire game is A&T.  And because A&T has a no visiting cheerleading policy their cheerleaders will not come to NCCU even though they have been invited.  BTW, you were on the football team back in your day.  The football team always came to basketball games win or lose to support the basketball team.  You always sat on the bleachers across from the basketball team.  And you all knew how to start and keep mess going in a game.   :lol:  :lol:

I must say that Monday night's game against Delaware State was the best non A&T MEAC attended game we have ever had since our move to Div I.  I was at the game and when I got home I watched the game again.  The noise level on TV does not even compare to the actual noise level inside of the gym.  It was crazy and loud late in that game.  A former Alumni Director said to me during the game the atmosphere at the game was like that of the 1980s and 1990s.

In defense of the pep band, they are told when they can and cannot play.  If extra timeouts are taken they are probably not sure if they can play or if announcements are going to be made.  At times our horrible PA announcer will tell the pep band or DJ that they can play.

I know it is not the pep band's call, but the way it is really is affecting school spirit.  I hate to hear the announcer say, "2 minutes, we have 2 minutes left in the ball game" while the ball is past half court. 

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 28, 2015, 10:30:10 PM »
All I can say is, I come to the game and make noise when the play or situation warrants.
If that's not good enough for you Tuff Shyt.

Offline eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 28, 2015, 10:35:04 PM »
All I can say is, I come to the game and make noise when the play or situation warrants.
If that's not good enough for you Tuff Shyt.

Don't take it personal Gray.  Really I think it is about our games being designed not to be loud during time outs.  We have announcements to hear. ::) 

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 28, 2015, 10:47:37 PM »
I think Sloping has identified a viable reason if the games aren't as loud.  Our opponents were close and they brought their fans and cheerleaders.

I just don't understand this fascination with finding things wrong, rather focusing on what's going right.

Offline eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 28, 2015, 11:57:32 PM »
I think Sloping has identified a viable reason if the games aren't as loud.  Our opponents were close and they brought their fans and cheerleaders.

I just don't understand this fascination with finding things wrong, rather focusing on what's going right.

We just need to give our team that home court advantage.  Slope also stated why the band doesn't play which I think is the reason for quietness in the first half.  Every 30 sec. time outs those horns ought to be blowing even if it is nothing but parts of the fight song.  This past Monday night was great!  The fans got loud which gave the team that extra push. 

Offline FunCkMaster

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 29, 2015, 08:22:01 AM »
EP has great point, as did the Eagle who said something about this generation of students…

If I said it once I have said it a thousand times…These students these days wait until the last one or 2 minutes (mostly at the end of tight games) to get rowdy..When I was in undergrad (25 years ago..wheeeewww :lol:), BSU's b-ball teams stunk, but that didn't stop some of us at least to be rowdy throughout. We loved talking trash to the other team right behind their bench, chanting stuff at the visiting fans throughout the game and stuff like that. We prided ourselves on how much we could get under the other school's skin and in honing our joining/
snapping' skills. Nowadays, they just sit there like they are studying at the library. In fact I would be willing to bet that THEY ARE MORE ROWDY AT THE LIBRARY!! :lol:

I will give the undergrads back in the early to mid 2000's decade some credit. They were pretty crunk and used to get it jumping, but in the last 5 or so years….WOMP WOOOHHHMMMMP…

I am just thankful that our pep band plays a decent amount and they are good and they can get a lil bit of a response…If it weren't for them…. :tiptoe: :tiptoe:
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 08:24:59 AM by FunCkMaster »
BOWIE STATE UNIVERSITY
2018 CIAA FOOTBALL CHAMPS
2017,2013 & 2003 CIAA MEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPIONS
2018,2016, 2015,2009,2002 CIAA Northern Football Champions

Offline eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 29, 2015, 05:43:44 PM »
EP has great point, as did the Eagle who said something about this generation of students…

If I said it once I have said it a thousand times…These students these days wait until the last one or 2 minutes (mostly at the end of tight games) to get rowdy..When I was in undergrad (25 years ago..wheeeewww :lol:), BSU's b-ball teams stunk, but that didn't stop some of us at least to be rowdy throughout. We loved talking trash to the other team right behind their bench, chanting stuff at the visiting fans throughout the game and stuff like that. We prided ourselves on how much we could get under the other school's skin and in honing our joining/
snapping' skills. Nowadays, they just sit there like they are studying at the library. In fact I would be willing to bet that THEY ARE MORE ROWDY AT THE LIBRARY!! :lol:

I will give the undergrads back in the early to mid 2000's decade some credit. They were pretty crunk and used to get it jumping, but in the last 5 or so years….WOMP WOOOHHHMMMMP…

I am just thankful that our pep band plays a decent amount and they are good and they can get a lil bit of a response…If it weren't for them…. :tiptoe: :tiptoe:

Yep, our teams need the 6th man for the entire game. 

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in.

=OW=

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News