News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.  "PERSONAL ATTACKS" will not be tolerated.  Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: GAME NOTES: NCCU MEN'S BASKETBALL HOSTS IUPUI  (Read 5315 times)

Offline fanatic87

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
Re: GAME NOTES: NCCU MEN'S BASKETBALL HOSTS IUPUI
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2014, 07:46:13 PM »
EL Cotton, Excuse me sir but it is complaining. NCCU fans complain about ticket prices, seats, schedules, etc. The revenue sports have produced a Championships and now you guys wanna dictate scheduling., TRUE Fans support regardless and understand the situation at hand. Not a single Top 100 RPI team has played Duke at home this year, but Guess what, Its still sold out because they have diehard fans, not fair weather. Scheduling is based off reality, not wishful thinking or match ups between teams that YOU desire. NCCU is Division I and ya'll are still on thei board talking about WSSU and St. Aug....

Offline 81alphaeagle

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2014, 08:46:08 PM »
EL Cotton, Excuse me sir but it is complaining. NCCU fans complain about ticket prices, seats, schedules, etc. The revenue sports have produced a Championships and now you guys wanna dictate scheduling., TRUE Fans support regardless and understand the situation at hand. Not a single Top 100 RPI team has played Duke at home this year, but Guess what, Its still sold out because they have diehard fans, not fair weather. Scheduling is based off reality, not wishful thinking or match ups between teams that YOU desire. NCCU is Division I and ya'll are still on thei board talking about WSSU and St. Aug....
:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Offline EL-COTTON

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2014, 09:03:46 PM »
All i can say, is some folk have their heads in the sand when there are differences of opinion. Die hard fans are generated,cultivated and made to feel good about their program.
Deeds not stones, are the true monuments of the great.

Offline 81alphaeagle

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2014, 09:45:23 PM »
All i can say, is some folk have their heads in the sand when there are differences of opinion. Die hard fans are generated,cultivated and made to feel good about their program.
Jesus could not please some of yall.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 09:00:47 AM by 81alphaeagle »

Offline EL-COTTON

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2015, 01:54:21 AM »
Happy New Year EAGLES, now lets get back to the big dance and celebrate.

Offline eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2015, 02:43:18 AM »
I think people have the right to their opinions if they are attending the games.  Nothing wrong with being dissatisfied with scheduling.  Sorry, but I didn't even bother attending those games. 
Whether great or small, victory is victory!

Offline Bro. Askia Musa Afiba

• Assistant GM
  • "Sound Machine" Band Booster & NCCU Eagle Club
    • View Profile
    • NCCU Eagles Fan Forum
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2015, 01:37:08 AM »

:clap: :bow: :clap:

And that is the naked truth Ruth.  :nod:  :clap:

For the record, I attend every Basketball Game (Men & Women) I can, during the November - December months of the season. Let's Go Eagles with Eagle Pride Amplified!!!!  :clap:

Take Care
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 01:38:45 AM by Bro. Askia Musa Afiba »

Offline EL-COTTON

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2015, 06:04:05 AM »
Die hard fans at unc and duke give tickets to those game away. I have been the recipient of some of those tickets. Unlike us we just need folk period to come to the games. We have not cultivated any real fan base. Local blacks in durham do not attend our games, without that support we are dead in the water. Yes Bro,Askia I see you at the games and you were not jumping up screaming and hollering. When was the last time you guys invited or brought anyone to a game? If you haven't, then shut up.. Get off you butts and generate some support instead of knocking posters on this board for wanting better and moire.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 06:05:51 AM by EL-COTTON »

Offline Thinkingaboutit

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2015, 06:39:01 AM »
I would have to agree with POINT GUARD AND EL COTTON in their critique of scheduling.  Speaking of RPI- does that culinary school or Barber Scotia help in that area? COLLEGE OF FAITH? Give me a break.  You have to give your fan base something to come SEE in December.   How many fans do IUPUI bring with the team?  Now if it was Fayetteville , WSSU, Shaw, St Aug you may get more behinds in the seats enhancing your bottom line in our basketball business model.   I don't think POINT GUARD nor El Cotton were looking to argue, but expressing a concern obviously being expressed by many of our faithful not attending those games.  Surely it was not a get mad moment, but facts relative to attendance and two opinions from loyal fans who even attended those cupcake games.  COF nor SCOTIA or Cooking school affects your power ranking but a good CIAA team does?  What was the harm in the inquiry?  Those involved in athletics should embrace the questions with an intelligent reply instead of pointing or spouting negatives. I doubt seriously the questioner  expected that type reply.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 09:39:19 PM by Thinkingaboutit »

Offline TrueEagle

• Assistant GM
  • Asst. GM
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nccueaf.org
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2015, 10:45:35 AM »
Man, as long as we are winning...and winning CHAMPIONSHIPS...WHO CARES????!!!! Have many of you ever thought that reason we schedule schools such as College of Faith, Barber Scotia and Johnson & Wales is because 1) they are willing to play us in Durham and 2) that's who we can afford? And what's so wrong with Barber-Scotia? At least they are an HBCU. C'mon people, we're talking 3 games here. The other games were on the road because of what I said in #1. Lastly, the games scheduled during Christmas and Thanksgiving breaks would have a similar turnout no matter who the opponent is. It's not like the students are coming back. And it's not like Durhamites will come out in droves. Shoot, we probably don't even charge admission for some of those games.

I understand wanting to have your opinion, but things could be a lot worse. Can we just enjoy the ride pleeeease. #NeverforgettheDickersonDays
"The EAGLE is no common, ordinary barnyard fowl, and while a sparrow clings to its flock, AN EAGLE SOARS ALONE!" -Dr. James Shepard, Founder of NCCU    :nod:

Offline The Sloping Hills and Verdent Green

• Assistant GM
  • #1 NCCU Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2015, 11:02:38 AM »
I am not a fan of playing schools such as College, Johnson & Wales, and Barber-Scotia.  They do nothing to help our RPI and they are not Division I schools.  Playing those CIAA schools would be great but you must remember as a Div I school we can only play one Div II school.  And that game can only be as an exhibition game.  Mid major schools are avoiding NCCU like the plague because they do not want to possibly loose to us.  And more than likely they will not come to Durham if they agree to play us.

LOOK OUT MEAC WE ARE BACK AND READY

Offline TrueEagle

• Assistant GM
  • Asst. GM
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nccueaf.org
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2015, 11:11:56 AM »
I am not a fan of playing schools such as College, Johnson & Wales, and Barber-Scotia.  They do nothing to help our RPI and they are not Division I schools.  Playing those CIAA schools would be great but you must remember as a Div I school we can only play one Div II school.  And that game can only be as an exhibition game.  Mid major schools are avoiding NCCU like the plague because they do not want to possibly loose to us.  And more than likely they will not come to Durham if they agree to play us.
So, we can only play one D2 school but we can play College of Faith, Johnson & Wales, and Barber-Scotia? What do they count as?
"The EAGLE is no common, ordinary barnyard fowl, and while a sparrow clings to its flock, AN EAGLE SOARS ALONE!" -Dr. James Shepard, Founder of NCCU    :nod:

Offline The Sloping Hills and Verdent Green

• Assistant GM
  • #1 NCCU Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2015, 11:39:03 AM »
So, we can only play one D2 school but we can play College of Faith, Johnson & Wales, and Barber-Scotia? What do they count as?

Those schools are not NCAA schools.  I don't know what they count as.

LOOK OUT MEAC WE ARE BACK AND READY

Offline eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2015, 01:56:34 PM »

Being avoided by mid majors is what confuses me.  It must be bad if we regularly schedule Johnson & Wales and the college of faith.  I get playing Barber-Scotia because they are an hbcu.  Hopefully we can develop a better relationship with other UNC system schools. 
Whether great or small, victory is victory!

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2015, 02:42:15 PM »
Based on the latest RPI Ratings....

Rank   Team                           Conf
118   North Carolina Central     MEAC
181   Norfolk St.                       MEAC
238   Delaware St.                     MEAC
242   Maryland Eastern Shore    MEAC
266   Hampton                            MEAC
305   Morgan St.                      MEAC
313   Howard                             MEAC
323   Coppin St.                          MEAC
324   Savannah St.                      MEAC
338   South Carolina St.               MEAC
340   North Carolina A&T              MEAC
343   Bethune Cookman              MEAC
350   Florida A&M                      MEAC

And here are the conference rankings
Conference   Average RPI
B12   39.5
BE   60.6
B10   61.4
ACC   70.0
SEC   73.0
P12   75.3
A10   119.1
Amer   126.5
WCC   130.6
MWC   141.3
MAC   154.1
MVC   154.9
Ivy   164.6
BW   176.9
Horz   177.6
CUSA   187.0
CAA   193.0
MAAC   199.6
Pat   217.0
SB   217.5
Sum   218.2
OVC   223.1
ind   237.0
BSth   238.3
SC   245.5
AE   246.7
ASun   248.1
BSky   250.9
NEC   251.3
Slnd   252.5
WAC   260.9
MEAC   283.2
SWAC   302.4

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in.

=OW=

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News