News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: GAME NOTES: NCCU MEN'S BASKETBALL HOSTS IUPUI  (Read 5409 times)

Offline Bro. Askia Musa Afiba

• Assistant GM
  • "Sound Machine" Band Booster & NCCU Eagle Club
    • View Profile
    • NCCU Eagles Fan Forum
GAME NOTES: NCCU MEN'S BASKETBALL HOSTS IUPUI
« on: December 28, 2014, 08:35:45 PM »

MBB vs IUPUI 2014

GAME NOTES: NCCU MEN'S BASKETBALL HOSTS IUPUI
http://www.nccueaglepride.com/news/2014/12/28/MBB_1228145619.aspx?path=mbball

Eagles Look to Extend 26-Game Home Win Streak

12/28/2014 7:50:00 PM

Offline eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: GAME NOTES: NCCU MEN'S BASKETBALL HOSTS IUPUI
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2014, 09:17:56 PM »
They beat us last year.  I see they have a former NCCU player on their team.  Should be a good game.  Eagle Pride will be in the house.  "Let's go Eagles!" :clap:
Whether great or small, victory is victory!

Offline DJTheRealist

• Assistant GM
  • Mr. Fierce
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nccu.edu
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2014, 10:05:59 PM »
This was a good game, I was excited to see the Eagles come out BLAZING and played good defense.  We must knock down easy open shots and make the easy layup baskets.  Finally, we must make free throws, we will need them down the stretch.  I'm pleased where we are at as a team, however we have a good break before we play SCSU to  start 2015.  Any reason why we don't travel to SC this year like we did last year?

GO EAGLES!!!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 10:53:24 PM by DJTheRealist »
Co-Founder of the NCCU Screaming Eagles...Don't Mess With The Flock!!!

Offline eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2014, 10:38:30 PM »
I had to google this school to find out who they were.  Great win Eagles! :clap:  I agree with everything DJ stated. 

Offline POINT GUARD

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2014, 11:03:05 PM »
Great win Nation, but I must be honest - our non-conference home games stink!  This is one of the only few knocks I have against Moton.  Our home schedule's stink!

Offline JBTheEagle

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2014, 11:27:41 PM »
I had to google this school to find out who they were.  Great win Eagles! :clap:  I agree with everything DJ stated.  

As you said earlier it's one of the only teams we lost to last season, it's also the school current Pacers guard George Hill went to.

Earlier this year when researching them, I was surprised to find out they're coached by former Arizona star Jason Gardner.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 11:29:57 PM by JBTheEagle »

Offline Boomer

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2014, 12:17:00 AM »
Point Guard, why is the non conference schedule a knock against Moton? The man has won 50 games in 2 years, upset a Conference USA and ACC School, so who do you think is coming into Durham to play the Eagles????? NOBODY thats who. Scheduling is extremely difficult for the Eagles the last couple of years, and will continue to be. IUPUI is a good school that has wins over Pepperdine and lost to Richmond by 4.

Offline fanatic87

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2014, 12:18:46 AM »
Point Guard, Good luck on trying to get any school to come to Durham to play the Eagles. Moton has complained about the difficulties of scheduling the last couple of years. Beyond his control my brother.

Offline eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2014, 01:36:38 AM »
Point Guard, Good luck on trying to get any school to come to Durham to play the Eagles. Moton has complained about the difficulties of scheduling the last couple of years. Beyond his control my brother.

I do agree with our home games schedules.  Is it possible to schedule a SWAC school?  I see we go to them every year.  IUPUI wasn't a bad schedule though. 

Offline The Sloping Hills and Verdent Green

• Assistant GM
  • #1 NCCU Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2014, 02:50:21 AM »

I do agree with our home games schedules.  Is it possible to schedule a SWAC school?  I see we go to them every year.  IUPUI wasn't a bad schedule though. 

We don't normally go to SWAC schools.  This is the first time we have gone to the SWAC.  Beating NC State and Old Dominion and playing close games against Wichita State last year has hurt in scheduling mid major opponents.  Also getting transfers from Kansas State, Oklahoma, and Marquette has not helped us.  Schools don't want to come to their place and they definitely are not coming to Durham.

LOOK OUT MEAC WE ARE BACK AND READY

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • NCCU Eagles Fan Forum
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2014, 03:18:10 AM »

Dante Holmes topped the Eagles with a game-high 15 points. (File photo by Red Rocket Photography)

Game Recap: Men's Basketball | 12/29/2014 11:35:00 PM http://www.nccueaglepride.com/news/2014/12/29/MBB_1229144134.aspx?path=mbball

NCCU BASKETBALL EARNS VICTORY IN LAST GAME OF 2014

Dante Holmes Tops Four Eagles to Net Double Figures with Game-High 15 Points

(writen by Staci Green, NCCU Student Assistant)

CBS QUALITY CARS POSTGAME INTERVIEWS (NCCU vs IUPUI)

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • NCCU Eagles Fan Forum
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2014, 03:49:08 AM »
Defense keys NCCU win over IUPUI
http://www.heraldsun.com/sports/nccu/x1736891368/Defense-keys-Eagles-win-over-IUPUI

Dec. 29, 2014 @ 11:20 PM
Brooke Pryor

N.C. Central's Karamo Jawara (10) goes up for a shot on Friday, March 21, 2014 during an NCAA college basketball second-round game at the AT&T Center in San Antonio, TX. (Herald Sun/File)

Offline wiseoldman

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2014, 09:18:56 AM »
Are you guys aware with how scheduling work? No SWAC school or like opponent is coming to NCCU. I heard Moton say earlier in the year that "NO" school in the state of North Carolina would play. The Eagles were so in need of games that they opted to just go to Jackson State this year, because Jackson State refused to return the game next year.Appalachian State, Campbell, UNCG, High Point, and everyone else declined to play. Word is that the Campbell AD said they would never play the Eagles anymore after the way the Eagles beat them last year. (Held them to 9 pts in the half)... :shrug:

Offline AimHigh

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2014, 10:23:14 AM »
You Eagles may have to bring WSSU and Fayetteville State to Durham to spruce up the home schedule a little bit instead of culinary schools and non-schools.

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2014, 01:39:56 PM »
You Eagles may have to bring WSSU and Fayetteville State to Durham to spruce up the home schedule a little bit instead of culinary schools and non-schools.

We don't won't those birds right now in basketball. The same way they don't won't us in football.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News