News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: Michael Sam Says "There's a Lot of Us Out There" "Very Few" Reached Out  (Read 5754 times)

Offline Cats4ever

• Assistant GM
  • General Manager
    • View Profile
    • FVSU: Let's build a winner.
Re: Michael Sam Says "There's a Lot of Us Out There" "Very Few" Reached Out
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2014, 01:42:57 PM »
This dude worse than a female. He talk too much. That's why he isn't playing. Just play ball, dude.

that's all...  :tiptoe:

He would play ball if an NFL team gave him a fair chance.  

Seventh round picks don't always get a fair chance. Lots of guys better than him arent on an nfl roster.

I think he so to speak ( came out ) before the draft and was french kissing his lover on TV, I think that more thang anything sent him to the 7th round. If people would be honest  about the situation, everybody ain't with this gay mess. I know I am not and no one will force me to accept that. Everyone on this board know that there are some well known posters that post on this board that are gay, I think they are genuinely good people but everyone don't need to know what goes on in your bedroom. I think if Mr. or Miss. Sams had just shut the "F" up and played ball he would be in the NFL right now.

Teams are not going to put friction in their dressing room if they don't have too. Any SEC defensive player of the year ( witch Sam was ) would have been a 1st or 2nd round pick. Sam's lifestyle is the very reason Michael or Michelle is sitting home watching the NFL than a player in the NFL.

First of all Michael Sam and his lover never kissed on TV before the draft.  Heck no one even saw his lover before Sam was drafted.

Secondly, how do you know who is gay and is not gay on this board?   ???    :shrug:  I have never read anything from anyone who has come out on this board and stated that they are gay.

Calling Michael Sam Miss Sams and Michelle is verbal gay bashing.

I stand by my statement, someone in a gay relationship has to be acting like a man and the other one is acting like the woman. When you are a certain age and you have never been married, don't have any children and no one has ever seen you out with the opposite sex anywhere, that tells me something, I don't know about you I can only speak for me.

I don't look down on gay people at all, I just question their lifestyle. Mr. Willie Barnett was a great person to all that knew him and would help anyone but it was widely known he was gay, he told my nephew once that he loved men and liked women. I will say it again, there are Onnidan posters on this board that are gays and lesbians that I know, does that make them bad people no, but in the eyes of God it's sinning so you can spin it anyway you want too.

There have been plenty of gay people who have been married and had kids.
Before Phyllis’ death in 2006 at age 80, the one-time talent agency secretary who married Rock in the 1950s went to her death, insisting she married him out of love and not to cover up his homosexuality.
http://www.nationalenquirer.com/celebrity/rock-hudson-wife-phyllis-gates-lost-interview-gay-secret-aids

33 Famous Gay Dads for Father's Day
This Sunday, give a big Father's Day hug to Ricky Martin, Neil Patrick Harris, and Perez Hilton — as well as the rest of our highest profile gay dads.

http://www.advocate.com/parenting/2014/06/11/33-famous-gay-dads-fathers-day
Your treatment of others give them control of your soul
Matthew 5:25-26

Offline Daddy Bulldog

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2014, 05:27:49 PM »
Believe that 5-10% of the people in the world is gay, so it is no surprise that we have some gay football players in the NFL.  It could be 5 or more on every team in the NFL, so his situation is not new in that a gay man is playing football; he is just the first one who wants to be honest about it.
I've often said there have been homosexuals in the NFL in the past and there will be in the future.  I'm sure it's been quietly accepted when discovered.  Does that mean they have to go back to the closet?  Well, the flip side of that, is do they want to use their place in the NFL to champion their sexual preferences to appease a movement?  That's not exactly being part of the team.

Now as for 5%-10%, in the States, the CDC recently put that figure at less than 3%.  Given stereotypes however, like 'em or not, football probably isn't going to attract the highest possible percentage.  But there are folks out there who want you to believe that number is at least 10% of the general population... maybe that's because it makes them more comfortable.

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2014, 01:13:38 AM »
Believe that 5-10% of the people in the world is gay, so it is no surprise that we have some gay football players in the NFL.  It could be 5 or more on every team in the NFL, so his situation is not new in that a gay man is playing football; he is just the first one who wants to be honest about it.
I've often said there have been homosexuals in the NFL in the past and there will be in the future.  I'm sure it's been quietly accepted when discovered.  Does that mean they have to go back to the closet?  Well, the flip side of that, is do they want to use their place in the NFL to champion their sexual preferences to appease a movement?  That's not exactly being part of the team.

Now as for 5%-10%, in the States, the CDC recently put that figure at less than 3%.  Given stereotypes however, like 'em or not, football probably isn't going to attract the highest possible percentage.  But there are folks out there who want you to believe that number is at least 10% of the general population... maybe that's because it makes them more comfortable.
:-X :tiptoe:
Never discuss cheese with a rat, bread with a bird or make moves with a snake.

Trying to light Que82 up like a 4th of July firecracker

Offline Jaggrad

• Assistant GM
  • We Them Boyz
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2014, 11:31:08 AM »
Maybe for Michael Sam this is MORE than just Football.............. :shrug:

Granted if it were me... I would have shut the hell up a long time ago..  But I give him his Props for standing up for what he believes in!   :nod:

And yeah... He is an average player to me... :shrug:

I believe in what God said about it and I stand by that 100%.That kind of lifestyle should never be embraced! Never!!

But you are not God... So, Let's leave the judgement to him.  :angel:
Again is his lifestyle affecting any one of us day to day?  Nope.  So to each his own.  As he stated, he decided to do that himself.  Good for him.  That's his choice and right.

There are alot of Gay Athletes out there... Anyone who can't believe that is fooling themselves. 

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2014, 03:32:49 PM »
The problem here is gay rights supporters are trying to make this about his orientation when is not totally about that.  This is and should be about his being one dimensional that prevented him from making the team(s).  The Onnidan Gay Rights task force however, will continue to try to sell that it was only his orientation that kept him out.  They also act like he should get a special pass merely because he is gay.  :shrug:

They will continue with this red herring hoping that someone buys into it.  The NFL is a business and the goal is to win a Superbowl.  If he could produce that a team would pick him up and let him play in a dress if he wanted to.  ::)

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2014, 04:00:11 PM »
The problem here is gay rights supporters are trying to make this about his orientation when is not totally about that.  This is and should be about his being one dimensional that prevented him from making the team(s).  The Onnidan Gay Rights task force however, will continue to try to sell that it was only his orientation that kept him out.  They also act like he should get a special pass merely because he is gay.  :shrug:

They will continue with this red herring hoping that someone buys into it.  The NFL is a business and the goal is to win a Superbowl.  If he could produce that a team would pick him up and let him play in a dress if he wanted to.  ::)

The right says that  blacks make police brutality all about race as well, while over looking things such as bad cops, and high crime neighborhoods.

Offline EL JAY

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://www.valiant-gs.com
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2014, 04:02:57 PM »
This dude worse than a female. He talk too much. That's why he isn't playing. Just play ball, dude.

Seventh round picks don't always get a fair chance. Lots of guys better than him arent on an nfl roster.

I think he so to speak ( came out ) before the draft and was french kissing his lover on TV, I think that more thang anything sent him to the 7th round. If people would be honest  about the situation, everybody ain't with this gay mess. I know I am not and no one will force me to accept that. Everyone on this board know that there are some well known posters that post on this board that are gay, I think they are genuinely good people but everyone don't need to know what goes on in your bedroom. I think if Mr. or Miss. Sams had just shut the "F" up and played ball he would be in the NFL right now.

Teams are not going to put friction in their dressing room if they don't have too. Any SEC defensive player of the year ( witch Sam was ) would have been a 1st or 2nd round pick. Sam's lifestyle is the very reason Michael or Michelle is sitting home watching the NFL than a player in the NFL.

First of all Michael Sam and his lover never kissed on TV before the draft.  Heck no one even saw his lover before Sam was drafted.

Secondly, how do you know who is gay and is not gay on this board?   ???    :shrug:  I have never read anything from anyone who has come out on this board and stated that they are gay.

I stand by my statement, someone in a gay relationship has to be acting like a man and the other one is acting like the woman. When you are a certain age and you have never been married, don't have any children and no one has ever seen you out with the opposite sex anywhere, that tells me something, I don't know about you I can only speak for me.

I don't look down on gay people at all, I just question their lifestyle. Mr. Willie Barnett was a great person to all that knew him and would help anyone but it was widely known he was gay, he told my nephew once that he loved men and liked women. I will say it again, there are Onnidan posters on this board that are gays and lesbians that I know, does that make them bad people no, but in the eyes of God it's sinning so you can spin it anyway you want too.

WOW...now you putting down people who have passed on blast???  Everyone knows Mr. Barnett has helped many folks get in and stay in school.  That's my frat and you need to slow it down on that deceased brother.  

:shrug:
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 04:05:21 PM by EL JAY »
Heeeeeeey Tuskegee......

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2014, 04:07:02 PM »

Unless you develop a physical/genetic test, you will never  be able to fully measure such a thing until you take away 100% of the negative stigma. Then you have to decide what qualifies a person as being gay, bi, or straight. It like with African Americans. That one drop rule is a man made falsehood.

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2014, 04:13:58 PM »

WOW...now you putting down people who have passed on blast???  Everyone knows Mr. Barnett has helped many folks get in and stay in school.  That's my frat and you need to slow it down on that deceased brother.  

:shrug:

Yeah, Mr. Barnett should not be judged by who he loved, but instead by his life work and all those people he helped. 

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2014, 08:15:45 PM »
Sam was the DPOY in the best conference in football. He should be on an NFL roster. Teams don't want the spotlight

Offline EL JAY

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://www.valiant-gs.com
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2014, 09:54:59 PM »
Then out their a**  then...not a dead person who can't defend himself if he wanted to!!!!

Don't preface your comments about how good a person he was then use him as an example to make your comments.  Let that man rest in peace. 

What does this post have to do with TU grads being gay?  You just really hate anything associated with Mother Tuskegee?  :crazy:

Heeeeeeey Tuskegee......

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2014, 10:31:14 PM »
Sam was the DPOY in the best conference in football. He should be on an NFL roster. Teams don't want the spotlight
That dog won't hunt. Charlie Ward won the Heisman and didn't get drafted. Sam was a Co-DPOY so please don't act like he was the man in the SEC. He had one good year and y'all didn't know he existed the other three.  :shrug: If he was that good he should have done better at the combine.

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2014, 10:35:12 PM »

The right says that  blacks make police brutality all about race as well, while over looking things such as bad cops, and high crime neighborhoods.
Well when someone shoots him or chokes him to death get back at me until then you and your monkey a**  analogy can have a seat.

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2014, 01:05:11 AM »
That dog won't hunt. Charlie Ward won the Heisman and didn't get drafted. Sam was a Co-DPOY so please don't act like he was the man in the SEC. He had one good year and y'all didn't know he existed the other three.  :shrug: If he was that good he should have done better at the combine.

Plenty of people have bad combines.
During his college career, Sam accumulated 123 tackles, including 36 for loss, 21 sacks, six forced fumbles and two intercepted passes

He was moved to Linebacker because he's considered too short to play DE. But has played it all his life.

All i'm saying is kid deserves a chance. Not the bulls**t the NFL is giving him.

The NFL has missed on plenty of kids who have became stars

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2014, 01:07:48 AM »

Charlie Ward wasn't drafted because they knew he wasn't coming to the NFL. Ward said if i'm not going to be drafted in the 1st round then i'm not playing in the NFL. He was considered a 3rd round pick. So he chose the NBA. Now if you gonna tell the story , tell it right

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News