News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: Michael Sam Says "There's a Lot of Us Out There" "Very Few" Reached Out  (Read 5629 times)

Offline DES

• Assistant GM
  • SH*T TALKER BUT IT'S ALL LOVE !!
    • View Profile
Re: Michael Sam Says "There's a Lot of Us Out There" "Very Few" Reached Out
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2014, 11:01:40 AM »
My guess is that when compensatory draft picks are announced for free agency, the Rams are going to do better than expected.

No there is a formula. The formula is based off of free agents lost. Basically franchises that lost more free agents than they signed in the previous year will be awarded draft selections to make up for the losses

Offline Devin

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2014, 11:29:38 AM »
Sam wasn't being a distraction in that case as much as the media was when there was really no issue at all.
There is no doubt that the "distraction" was mostly media driven.  Even if Sam was blame free in this regard, to a money making NFL franchise, a distraction is a distraction.  Then again, Sam wasn't entirely blame free.  He had to be talked out of his planned reality show.  Remember?  Then when he said he wouldn't host cameras in his home on draft day, that quickly changed and then came the orchestrated kiss.  For whatever reason, gay pride or an attempt to manipulate his draft status, Sam embraced the platform and became a rallying cry for those promoting the lifestyle.  Once he got on a team, things quieted down... because then it was business.  However, now that he won't likely get another chance in the NFL, the Oprah blame tour begins.  I actually feel quite sorry for the man.  If his number one priority was to play in the NFL, any guidance he was receiving in this regard was absolutely terrible.

I actually believe the NFL encouraged teams to draft Sam, and the Rams (who had late round picks to spare) obliged.  My guess is that when compensatory draft picks are announced for free agency, the Rams are going to do better than expected.

Blame tour?

Offline Jaggrad

• Assistant GM
  • We Them Boyz
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2014, 02:35:45 PM »
Maybe for Michael Sam this is MORE than just Football.............. :shrug:

Granted if it were me... I would have shut the hell up a long time ago..  But I give him his Props for standing up for what he believes in!   :nod:

And yeah... He is an average player to me... :shrug:

Offline Daddy Bulldog

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2014, 04:20:18 PM »
No there is a formula. The formula is based off of free agents lost. Basically franchises that lost more free agents than they signed in the previous year will be awarded draft selections to make up for the losses
Yeah, that entitles you to such picks.  However, the precise formula for the round number and amount of picks is not made public.

Blame tour?
He already inferred to TMZ that he's not in the NFL because he's gay.  Where else do you expect Oprah to go with that? 

Offline DES

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2014, 04:37:04 PM »
Yeah, that entitles you to such picks.  However, the precise formula for the round number and amount of picks is not made public.

Looks pretty public to me

https://nfllabor.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/03-24-14-compensatory-picks.pdf

Offline The Sloping Hills and Verdent Green

• Assistant GM
  • #1 NCCU Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2014, 01:32:37 AM »
This dude worse than a female. He talk too much. That's why he isn't playing. Just play ball, dude.

that's all...  :tiptoe:

He would play ball if an NFL team gave him a fair chance.  

Seventh round picks don't always get a fair chance. Lots of guys better than him arent on an nfl roster.

I think he so to speak ( came out ) before the draft and was french kissing his lover on TV, I think that more thang anything sent him to the 7th round. If people would be honest  about the situation, everybody ain't with this gay mess. I know I am not and no one will force me to accept that. Everyone on this board know that there are some well known posters that post on this board that are gay, I think they are genuinely good people but everyone don't need to know what goes on in your bedroom. I think if Mr. or Miss. Sams had just shut the "F" up and played ball he would be in the NFL right now.

Teams are not going to put friction in their dressing room if they don't have too. Any SEC defensive player of the year ( witch Sam was ) would have been a 1st or 2nd round pick. Sam's lifestyle is the very reason Michael or Michelle is sitting home watching the NFL than a player in the NFL.

First of all Michael Sam and his lover never kissed on TV before the draft.  Heck no one even saw his lover before Sam was drafted.

Secondly, how do you know who is gay and is not gay on this board?   ???    :shrug:  I have never read anything from anyone who has come out on this board and stated that they are gay.

Calling Michael Sam Miss Sams and Michelle is verbal gay bashing.

LOOK OUT MEAC WE ARE BACK AND READY

Offline Daddy Bulldog

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2014, 01:30:49 PM »
Looks pretty public to me...
The results are made public... but okay... humor me.  Based on what you linked, how are the round numbers determined for each pick?  How are the picks then ordered in those rounds? 

Or if you still can't grasp what I'm trying to explain to you, just go here:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2003927-nfl-compensatory-picks-2014-rules-formula-explanation-and-latest-projections

Offline Cats4ever

• Assistant GM
  • General Manager
    • View Profile
    • FVSU: Let's build a winner.
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2014, 01:45:07 PM »

Blame tour?
He already inferred to TMZ that he's not in the NFL because he's gay.  Where else do you expect Oprah to go with that? 
Believe that 5-10% of the people in the world is gay, so it is no surprise that we have some gay football players in the NFL.  It could be 5 or more on every team in the NFL, so his situation is not new in that a gay man is playing football; he is just the first one who wants to be honest about it.
Your treatment of others give them control of your soul
Matthew 5:25-26

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2014, 03:17:32 PM »
I listen to  a lot of conservative talk radio, and you know those hosts and callers say the exact thing about African Americans. If I agree with what many of y'all are saying about Sam, then I would be forced to agree with what they are saying as well. I'm not saying you Cats are wrong in your opinions, but some of those conservatives are also making valid points that many of you are so quick to write off.  To paraphrase, many conservatives feel African Americans need to grow up,  deal with the real world, address their own short coming that hold them back,  and stop assigning blame and making excuses. Isn't this what many of you are saying about Sam?  :shrug:

It may not be that Sam is gay but is simply not qualified. Many African Americans may be in the same boat. I believe America is all about money. If you are black or gay and can make the white man some money, they don't give a damn about anything else. If you are a black man with money, you're getting in the country club. If you are a gay man in the NFL and can get your team to the Super Bowl, he will have every homophobe in America riding his jock strap.

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2014, 04:08:47 PM »
Capler your second paragraph sums it up nicely. If SAMs could help teams win Super Bowls they would have picked him up if he was from mars with two heads. Everyone talked about his pass rush. But how was he against the run???? If you are one dimensional it's hard to make the NFL gay or straight.

Also why were other gay players required to reach out to him???? Maybe they wanted their private lives to remain private and not be a part of his circus. His a**  needs to be gay and move on because his 15 minutes are up.
Never discuss cheese with a rat, bread with a bird or make moves with a snake.

Lord, remove the front teeth of my enemies so I can know them by their smile.

Offline DES

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2014, 10:29:36 PM »
Capler your second paragraph sums it up nicely. If SAMs could help teams win Super Bowls they would have picked him up if he was from mars with two heads. Everyone talked about his pass rush. But how was he against the run???? If you are one dimensional it's hard to make the NFL gay or straight.

Also why were other gay players required to reach out to him???? Maybe they wanted their private lives to remain private and not be a part of his circus. His a**  needs to be gay and move on because his 15 minutes are up.

He is not even an average NFL rusher

• Assistant GM
  • #1 NCCU Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2014, 11:10:37 PM »

Michael Sam never said that other gay players were require to reach out to him.  He said that several gay players did reach out to him. 

I watched the documentary on OWN.  It was obvious that the kiss with his boyfriend was a very emotional moment for the two of them after waiting for 3 long days to see if he would drafted.  It was not staged as so many folks have stated. 

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2014, 01:47:49 AM »

Michael Sam never said that other gay players were require to reach out to him.  He said that several gay players did reach out to him. 

I watched the documentary on OWN.  It was obvious that the kiss with his boyfriend was a very emotional moment for the two of them after waiting for 3 long days to see if he would drafted.  It was not staged as so many folks have stated. 

Well if you read my post as intently as you say you listened to SAMs' interview you would have noticed I never stated Sam said they were required to reach out to him. My question was in response to Oprah's comment.
Never discuss cheese with a rat, bread with a bird or make moves with a snake.

Lord, remove the front teeth of my enemies so I can know them by their smile.

Offline Devin

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2014, 12:37:05 PM »
This dude worse than a female. He talk too much. That's why he isn't playing. Just play ball, dude.

Seventh round picks don't always get a fair chance. Lots of guys better than him arent on an nfl roster.

I think he so to speak ( came out ) before the draft and was french kissing his lover on TV, I think that more thang anything sent him to the 7th round. If people would be honest  about the situation, everybody ain't with this gay mess. I know I am not and no one will force me to accept that. Everyone on this board know that there are some well known posters that post on this board that are gay, I think they are genuinely good people but everyone don't need to know what goes on in your bedroom. I think if Mr. or Miss. Sams had just shut the "F" up and played ball he would be in the NFL right now.

Teams are not going to put friction in their dressing room if they don't have too. Any SEC defensive player of the year ( witch Sam was ) would have been a 1st or 2nd round pick. Sam's lifestyle is the very reason Michael or Michelle is sitting home watching the NFL than a player in the NFL.

First of all Michael Sam and his lover never kissed on TV before the draft.  Heck no one even saw his lover before Sam was drafted.

Secondly, how do you know who is gay and is not gay on this board?   ???    :shrug:  I have never read anything from anyone who has come out on this board and stated that they are gay.

When you are a certain age and you have never been married, don't have any children and no one has ever seen you out with the opposite sex anywhere, that tells me something, I don't know about you I can only speak for me.

So if you have achieved these things by some arbitrary age then that must mean you're gay?

Hahahahaha

• Assistant GM
  • #1 NCCU Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2014, 01:11:46 PM »

First of all Michael Sam and his lover never kissed on TV before the draft.  Heck no one even saw his lover before Sam was drafted.

Secondly, how do you know who is gay and is not gay on this board?   ???    :shrug:  I have never read anything from anyone who has come out on this board and stated that they are gay.

I stand by my statement, someone in a gay relationship has to be acting like a man and the other one is acting like the woman.

Where did you get this logic from?  ???    :shrug:  Have you ever heard of someone being versatile?   I have a cousin who is in a gay relationship.  He and his life partner are versatile.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in.

=OW=

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News