News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: HBCU National Championship Rumors (SWAC championship)  (Read 8023 times)

Offline Decks

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: HBCU National Championship Rumors (SWAC championship)
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2014, 01:13:06 PM »
From what I am hearing nothing has happened and there are currently not enough votes in favor of committing the MEAC champion to a bowl game.

Offline AimHigh

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2014, 02:56:56 PM »
Rather than a Heritage Bowl, the MEAC and SWAC powers need to form a Heritage Conference with a conference championship game every year in Atlanta.

NORTH

Delaware State
Morgan State
Howard
Hampton
Norfolk State
NC Central
NC A&T
SC State

SOUTH

Bethune-Cookman
Florida A&M
Alabama State
Alabama A&M
Southern
Grambling
Jackson State
Tennessee State

Offline Jaggrad

• Assistant GM
  • We Them Boyz
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2014, 04:49:47 PM »
Rather than a Heritage Bowl, the MEAC and SWAC powers need to form a Heritage Conference with a conference championship game every year in Atlanta.

NORTH

Delaware State
Morgan State
Howard
Hampton
Norfolk State
NC Central
NC A&T
SC State

SOUTH

Bethune-Cookman
Florida A&M
Alabama State
Alabama A&M
Southern
Grambling
Jackson State
Tennessee State

Travel costs alone will kill most schools....  :no:

Offline BisonBlu

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2014, 05:55:46 PM »

NORTH

Delaware State
Morgan State
Howard
Hampton
Norfolk State
NC Central
NC A&T
SC State

SOUTH

Bethune-Cookman
Florida A&M
Alabama State
Alabama A&M
Southern
Grambling
Jackson State
Tennessee State

Travel costs alone will kill most schools....  :no:

Tenn St aignt going anywhere so slide Alcorn in that slot. Cost would not be an issue as you would play only 6 games in your division 3 home and 3 away.  2 out of division one being on the road.  For schools like FAMU, AlSt and A&M it actually eases travel bringing two possible opponents closer than Delaware and Tx. 

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2014, 07:39:05 PM »
There can be no HBCU National Championship talk without including the HBCU D2 schools. In most years there in not much difference in the top hbcu d2 and the top hbcu D1AA schools.

Offline Cats4ever

• Assistant GM
  • General Manager
    • View Profile
    • FVSU: Let's build a winner.
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2014, 08:01:18 PM »
There can be no HBCU National Championship talk without including the HBCU D2 schools. In most years there in not much difference in the top hbcu d2 and the top hbcu D1AA schools.
Thank you! I been thinking the same thing about a black college play off.  If it makes money for the schools, let us do it.
SWAC Championship game
MEAC Championship game
CIAA championship game
SIAC championship game
HBCU Play-offs (#1 vs 4 and #2 vs 3- based on ranking) In theory, you could have SWAC vs CIAA and MEAC vs SIAC, and the championship game could be SIAC vs SWAC.

If we do our own thing, it could allow us to have 11 which could be one more money making game for most schools. Then you have you conference championship game (more money), and play-offs which means more money.
Your treatment of others give them control of your soul
Matthew 5:25-26

Offline Jafus [Thinker]

• Assistant GM
  • THG Agency, LLC, Lecturer, President and CEO
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thg-agency.com
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2014, 12:41:32 AM »
It would be considered the Major Division HBCU Championship Game.
PV Produces Productive People

Dr. J. Kenyatta Cavil, MBA
Lecturer, President & CEO
THG Agency, LLC - The Heritage Group
A Consulting Applied Data Analysis & Sports Management, Agency
"Where your business is our business!"

-LOCATIONS-
Atlanta / Birmingham / Dallas / Houston / Jackson

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2014, 09:05:33 AM »
Thank you! I been thinking the same thing about a black college play off.  If it makes money for the schools, let us do it.
SWAC Championship game
MEAC Championship game
CIAA championship game
SIAC championship game
HBCU Play-offs (#1 vs 4 and #2 vs 3- based on ranking) In theory, you could have SWAC vs CIAA and MEAC vs SIAC, and the championship game could be SIAC vs SWAC.

If we do our own thing, it could allow us to have 11 which could be one more money making game for most schools. Then you have you conference championship game (more money), and play-offs which means more money.

Your formula is the same one that has been circulating among HBCUs fans I know for a few weeks. But using your theory, the most likely match-up would be the MEAC vs CIAA.  :lol:

Offline InTheHunt

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2014, 09:46:18 AM »
If ESPN were to set it up similar to the Basketball Classic in Brooklyn with D2 playing first then the D1 schools I think it would be a great draw. It gives the schools the opportunity to recruit future students and gives the schools great publicity in the area leading up to the event. It's going to happen one way or the other so the best thing to do is find the silver lining in that cloud.

Offline Decks

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2014, 11:11:19 AM »
What is NCCUs official position on this proposed game? A&Ts AD, Earl Hilton has made it clear that we still support the he playoffs. I would hope that both schools are united?

Offline Cats4ever

• Assistant GM
  • General Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2014, 12:18:21 PM »
Thank you! I been thinking the same thing about a black college play off.  If it makes money for the schools, let us do it.
SWAC Championship game
MEAC Championship game
CIAA championship game
SIAC championship game

Your formula is the same one that has been circulating among HBCUs fans I know for a few weeks. But using your theory, the most likely match-up would be the MEAC vs CIAA.  :lol:
If it makes money for all the schools, I am for it, but we have to be wise with the money and invest it back in the programs.  LLLL, if there is a market for it we might as well do the same for basketball.  It could be our version of the 64 teams  in a play-off regardless of Division.

Offline aggiehood08

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2014, 12:43:32 PM »
SWAC Championship game
MEAC Championship game
CIAA championship game
SIAC championship game

If it makes money for all the schools, I am for it, but we have to be wise with the money and invest it back in the programs.  LLLL, if there is a market for it we might as well do the same for basketball.  It could be our version of the 64 teams  in a play-off regardless of Division.

That's the key, I haven't seen anything that we would make more money. All I see and hear are shoulda, coulda, woulda

Offline Cats4ever

• Assistant GM
  • General Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2014, 01:10:16 PM »
SWAC Championship game
MEAC Championship game
CIAA championship game
SIAC championship game

That's the key, I haven't seen anything that we would make more money. All I see and hear are shoulda, coulda, woulda
Someone needs to take the lead on this.  We wait to let others make the money before we decide to follow.  For example, PWIs have signed an agreement with rappers to market for them.  We should have been on this years ago with all black entertainers.  LLL, how many HBCUs are afraid to reach out to Jay-z?

We have some very successful black people in the world and we need to reach out to those people to help us make money or donate money.  Oh, I forgot, we often too busy putting each other down or looking at their past.   

Offline Jafus [Thinker]

• Assistant GM
  • THG Agency, LLC, Lecturer, President and CEO
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thg-agency.com
« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2014, 06:15:51 PM »
This is message post by Carlos a Brown on the www.hbcusports.com website.

http://www.hbcusports.com/forums/showthread.php?120745-Rumors-has-it-that-the-MEAC-to-skip-playoffs-for-bowl-game-against-the-SWAC/page8

I interviewed Floyd Kerr Director of Athletics at Morgan State University last Saturday 12/20/14 on The Carlos Brown Show. Floyd reported that a HBCU bowl game will take place in 2015 in Atlanta before Christmas between the SWAC and MEAC. MEAC Presidents and AD's have vetted the process and have agreed to this bowl game. Both conferences will receive 1 million dollars. Floyd Kerr stated that an announcement will be coming very soon. This HBCU bowl game will not affect the SWAC/MEAC challenge opening game of the season.
PV Produces Productive People

Dr. J. Kenyatta Cavil, MBA
Lecturer, President & CEO
THG Agency, LLC - The Heritage Group
A Consulting Applied Data Analysis & Sports Management, Agency
"Where your business is our business!"

-LOCATIONS-
Atlanta / Birmingham / Dallas / Houston / Jackson

Online Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2014, 10:03:40 PM »

This is message post by Carlos a Brown on the www.hbcusports.com website.

http://www.hbcusports.com/forums/showthread.php?120745-Rumors-has-it-that-the-MEAC-to-skip-playoffs-for-bowl-game-against-the-SWAC/page8

I interviewed Floyd Kerr Director of Athletics at Morgan State University last Saturday 12/20/14 on The Carlos Brown Show. Floyd reported that a HBCU bowl game will take place in 2015 in Atlanta before Christmas between the SWAC and MEAC. MEAC Presidents and AD's have vetted the process and have agreed to this bowl game. Both conferences will receive 1 million dollars. Floyd Kerr stated that an announcement will be coming very soon. This HBCU bowl game will not affect the SWAC/MEAC challenge opening game of the season.

How does that affect the MEAC school in the FCS playoffs?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News