News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: Aggie-Eagle 2014 Band Footage (Halftime & Stands Added!!!)  (Read 12027 times)

Offline NCCU89

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
Re: Aggie-Eagle 2014 Band Footage (Halftime & Stands Added!!!)
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2014, 08:03:45 PM »
Very proud Eagle Band Alumni! We are headed in a great direction. Stay Tuned MEAC!

Offline EagleWing

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2014, 12:50:21 AM »
Very proud Eagle Band Alumni! We are headed in a great direction. Stay Tuned MEAC!

I sincerely hope you are right. I dislike our current state.

Offline eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2014, 09:10:19 AM »

Our current state is better than I thought it would be considering when we let our former band director go, which I didn't agree with.  I still don't know the reason they let him go but the band must go on.  The real issue I see is numbers.  The sound and song selections are fine, but we need numbers.  Not sure about the flag girls though.  Anyway, I too feel as if the band is heading in the right direction.
Whether great or small, victory is victory!

Offline EagleWing

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2014, 06:58:32 PM »

Our current state is better than I thought it would be considering when we let our former band director go, which I didn't agree with.  I still don't know the reason they let him go but the band must go on.  The real issue I see is numbers.  The sound and song selections are fine, but we need numbers.  Not sure about the flag girls though.  Anyway, I too feel as if the band is heading in the right direction.

I too feel our numbers are far too low. My concern is the support for from the administration. Will the scholarship dollars be available to assist with the growth of the band? If not it won't matter who is leading the band.

Offline eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2014, 11:50:38 PM »

I too feel our numbers are far too low. My concern is the support for from the administration. Will the scholarship dollars be available to assist with the growth of the band? If not it won't matter who is leading the band.

You got that right.  It is important that band leaders go about it the right way.  A friendly partnership must be formed with the athletic department.  This year the band supported the team much better than the past.  The band is and should be the heart of school spirit at games.     

Offline EagleWing

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2014, 01:42:07 AM »

You got that right.  It is important that band leaders go about it the right way.  A friendly partnership must be formed with the athletic department.  This year the band supported the team much better than the past.  The band is and should be the heart of school spirit at games.     

Should be but we aren't. I would love to be the name that people refer to when they mention top band programs but with OUR attitude toward the band that won't happen anytime soon. I always keep my fingers cross and prayers up in hope that something changes. I want us to have a top notch band program.

Offline Bro. Askia Musa Afiba

• Assistant GM
  • "Sound Machine" Band Booster & NCCU Eagle Club
    • View Profile
    • NCCU Eagles Fan Forum
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2014, 02:20:47 PM »
Should be but we aren't. I would love to be the name that people refer to when they mention top band programs but with OUR attitude toward the band that won't happen anytime soon. I always keep my fingers cross and prayers up in hope that something changes. I want us to have a top notch band program.

Very True!  :clap: :nod: :clap:

Thanks For Your Support, regarding our NCCU Band Program!

Take care!

Offline BIG GRAY

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2014, 02:24:43 PM »

I have said many times - money is not the main issue with our band program.  We need mature and strong leadership over the band program along with vision and growth.  Yes, a healthy band program will need some funding.  But funding and NO strong leadership will end up being lack luster and small bands.
NCCU 2014, 2015 & 2016 Football MEAC CHAMPS

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • NCCU Eagles Fan Forum
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2014, 03:31:59 PM »

Our current state is better than I thought it would be considering when we let our former band director go, which I didn't agree with.  I still don't know the reason they let him go but the band must go on.  The real issue I see is numbers.  The sound and song selections are fine, but we need numbers.  Not sure about the flag girls though.  Anyway, I too feel as if the band is heading in the right direction.

I have said many times - money is not the main issue with our band program.  We need mature and strong leadership over the band program along with vision and growth.  Yes, a healthy band program will need some funding.  But funding and NO strong leadership will end up being lack luster and small bands.

Big Gray

Your above statement sounds a bit confusing. Funding is always the first start to have the means in place for recruitment, equipment, travel, Band Staff and operations budget.  

Some Folks, Not Most,  claimed that they wanted a change regarding the Band Director.  Some folks also claimed that appropriate funding would be available to support the program, and the new interim Band Director. Well, where was/is the funding? You can't blame the current Band Director for that one.

Now, the former Band Director's contract was not renewed and a new interim Band Director was brought in. The Three Paid Staff, who worked under the former Band Director, were also let go.

Now, who are you suggesting to be let go next, the Music Chair and other Administrators, who currently supervise the NCCU Music Department? Where would you acquire the aforementioned  "mature and strong leadership" over the band program, that you are talking about? Again, will anyone talk with the students who played in the band, the last five former Band Directors, and other current top 10 or more, Band Directors from excellent D-1 programs, to get as many suggestions possible, regarding quality marketing, recruiting, fundraising and other systems needed?

Now again, what were the reasons you claim that additional funding is not needed to build a minimum acceptable sized, 200+ quality membership D-1 Marching Band, that people will pay good money to see at our football games and also be invited to nationally respected performances and parades, that provide much in student recruitment and national exposure, in your opinion?

Just asking?

Take Care!  
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 02:29:12 AM by Bro. Askia Musa Afiba »

Offline BIG GRAY

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2014, 03:59:10 PM »

Our current state is better than I thought it would be considering when we let our former band director go, which I didn't agree with.  I still don't know the reason they let him go but the band must go on.  The real issue I see is numbers.  The sound and song selections are fine, but we need numbers.  Not sure about the flag girls though.  Anyway, I too feel as if the band is heading in the right direction.

I have said many times - money is not the main issue with our band program.  We need mature and strong leadership over the band program along with vision and growth.  Yes, a healthy band program will need some funding.  But funding and NO strong leadership will end up being lack luster and small bands.

Big Gray

Your above statement sounds a bit confusing. Funding is always the first start to have the means in place for recruitment, equipment, travel, Band Staff and operations budget.  

Some Folks, Not Most,  claimed that they wanted a change regarding the Band Director.  Some folks also claimed that appropriate funding would be available to support the program, and the new interim Band Director. Well, where was/is the funding? You can't blame the current Band Director for that one.

Now, the former Band Director's contract was not renewed and a new interim Band Director was brought in. The Three Paid Staff, who worked under the former Band Director, were also let go.

Now, who are you suggesting to be let go next, the Music Chair and other Administrators, who currently supervise the NCCU Music Department? Where would you acquire the aforementioned  "mature and strong leadership" over the band program, that you are talking about? Again, will anyone talk with the students who played in the band, the last five former Band Directors, and other current top 10 or more, Band Directors from excellent D-1 programs, to get as many suggestions possible, regarding quality marketing, recruiting, fundraising and other systems needed?

Now again, what were the reasons you claim that additional funding is not needed to build a minimum acceptable sized, 200+ quality membership D-1 Marching Band, that people will pay good money to see at our football games and also be invited to nationally respected performances and parades, that provides much in student recruitment and national exposure, in your opinion?

Just asking?

Take Care!  

While funding is important, but I think more importantly we need mature and sound leadership to move the band to the next level.  Not to belabor the point - we need calm heads and emotional balance in our leadership even in requesting and seeking more funding and resources.  The band leader will need to uplift and develop its student band members to become true Eagles and school spirited - that was not always happening in the last few years.  And some of it was very personal and vain.
NCCU 2014, 2015 & 2016 Football MEAC CHAMPS

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • NCCU Eagles Fan Forum
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2014, 04:59:43 PM »
we need calm heads and emotional balance in our leadership even in requesting and seeking more funding and resources.  The band leader will need to uplift and develop its student band members to become true Eagles and school spirited

Big Gray

I am not sure what you are talking about. Calm heads and emotional balance pertaining to what? Maybe it is only just me, because I really do not follow you.

As for being a "True Eagle" and being "school spirited", I think that our Band Students have  always done their best, often without adequate resources, to do their part to go beyond the call of duty on that accord. Now, I must admit that too many of our alumni sometime, too often, act like the "wine & cheese" stuffed shirted fans, not wanting their faces wrinkled, hands bruised or throats out of tune and sore, from yelling, clapping and screaming for our Athletics Eagles, and our "Sound Machine" Band Eagles too often. :lol:

Let's face it, a stick of exploding dynamite could not move some of our crowd (students and alumni) to change some of their "acting proper" comfort zone mindset to let their hair down, and open their mouths to cheer a little more loud than usual.  It is just too bad, regarding that fact.  :brickwall: :shrug: :no:  

Take Care!      
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 03:19:24 PM by Bro. Askia Musa Afiba »

Offline eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2015, 10:38:26 AM »
The Sound Machine pep band sounded great and brought a lot of spirit to the games.  I think they should be allowed to play more during the games though. 

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in.

=OW=

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News