News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: Fort Valley ST vs Morehouse  (Read 6726 times)

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
Re: Fort Valley ST vs Morehouse
« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2014, 02:25:31 PM »
I think that there is a tendency to "trash talk" Morehouse. (It is a black thing) Morehouse did not get excessive penalties, but two of their "lil boys" got put out for fighting against Benedict. You got to win the game first. As much s I hate to say it, that is basically what Tuskegee does. If you saw the next to the last play of the game of Florida State and Notre Dame you saw the officials decide the outcome. We learn later that "Jimbo Fisher had "quietly informed the officials to "watch Notre Dame". Frankly I did  not know that you were not suppose to block out the opponent on a pass. I do know that if you jaw bone officials (of any race) at a HBCU game you might get a 15 yard penalty. However, I will say that generally it is not the officials who decide the game, it is time of possession, number of plays run, and first downs.

Can you clarify the bolded statement above so I can better understand the point you're making?  I don't want to draw any conclusions or make an incorrect assumption.

Hotep!

Offline Valley Girl

• Assistant GM
  • Since 1895
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fvsu.edu
« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2014, 02:32:11 PM »
This was the first game that I missed this season, but from my understanding of what was told to me by a former coach at FVSU, is that the refs took back three interception from the wildcats; one of those interceptions included a touchdown. Therefore, the refs can be a deciding factor. It is very hard to play against both.

You are correct. 
"Don‘t let how other folks treat you get YOU sent to Hell" - My Daddy  - RIP

FORT VALLEY STATE FORT VALLEY STATE! OUR LIVES TO THEE WE DEDICATE!

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2014, 02:40:05 PM »
This was the first game that I missed this season, but from my understanding of what was told to me by a former coach at FVSU, is that the refs took back three interception from the wildcats; one of those interceptions included a touchdown. Therefore, the refs can be a deciding factor. It is very hard to play against both.

You are correct. 

VG -

Were the calls in question the proper calls, in your honest opinion?

Offline #1wildcatfan

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2014, 02:59:24 PM »
All I'm saying is this: Morehouse better be thankful for the refs.

Offline Valley Girl

• Assistant GM
  • Since 1895
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2014, 03:28:01 PM »

You are correct. 

VG -

Were the calls in question the proper calls, in your honest opinion?

Honestly, no.   The refs did a lot of incompetent stuff. 

They gave FV a first down, moved the chains, set up for the next play, THEN moved it back to 4th down for a measurement. 

On the pic 6 the ref threw the flag out as he crossed the goal line for the score. To say the flag was late was an understatement.  It wasn't a situation where we noticed it late, I saw when the fool threw the damn flag out. 

We batted a pass down and the guy that was right in front of the play didn't pull a flag, but the guy clear across the other side of the field did.  Happened more than once.  If I see that dude on the street I'm whipping his @zz.....

mc had first and goal 3 or 4 times on one drive for calls that were definitely questionable. 

Never called holding on mc - and they WERE holding.  ALL night. 

Still with all of that, had he kept #10 in the game, called better plays, and managed a game clock worth a damn, we could have pulled it out. 

Refs were definitely a factor, but it shouldn't have been close. 

Offline ncsiacfan

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2014, 03:48:25 PM »
The bold statement clarified. I don't know whether or not Tuskegee trash talks. I just know that they win the game if they do. Unless things have changed, the refs are assigned to the game by the conference. I remember that being a issue when the basketball tournament was at Morehouse. The was the meaning of the statement "inside of their gym". I did not like it at first, but I admit that Fair Grounds Arena is much better. Now the championship football game being in Montgomery, that is another question. If the attendance is not at least 8,700 then it was a mistake or here too, Birmingham might have been better.

Offline Bigdaddy

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 03, 2014, 04:44:33 PM »
Most HBCU coaches and AD's don't check on the officials that are scheduled to officiate their games. There have been several instances in HBCU games where officials calling certain games were graduates of one of the schools that was playing at the time.

It has always been difficult to win in Atlanta if one of the Atlanta schools was playing. The best approach to negating poor,bad,incompetent officiating is to not let the game be close enough for the officials to be able to make the difference in the outcome.

Whenever you get a team down, stick it to them so that they can't come back on you.

Offline Jaimac

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 03, 2014, 04:58:43 PM »
Most HBCU coaches and AD's don't check on the officials that are scheduled to officiate their games. There have been several instances in HBCU games where officials calling certain games were graduates of one of the schools that was playing at the time.

It has always been difficult to win in Atlanta if one of the Atlanta schools was playing. The best approach to negating poor,bad,incompetent officiating is to not let the game be close enough for the officials to be able to make the difference in the outcome.

Whenever you get a team down, stick it to them so that they can't come back on you.

What the Golden Tiger Alum stated above ^^^^has been stated by alums from other HBCUs too. 

:tiptoe:
"The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically.  Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education."

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."

~Martin Luther King,

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 03, 2014, 05:04:38 PM »
The bold statement clarified. I don't know whether or not Tuskegee trash talks. I just know that they win the game if they do. Unless things have changed, the refs are assigned to the game by the conference. I remember that being a issue when the basketball tournament was at Morehouse. The was the meaning of the statement "inside of their gym". I did not like it at first, but I admit that Fair Grounds Arena is much better. Now the championship football game being in Montgomery, that is another question. If the attendance is not at least 8,700 then it was a mistake or here too, Birmingham might have been better.
you don't know if we do or don't, but we win the game when we do.......still not getting the essence of your posts but carry on......

Offline ncsiacfan

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2014, 05:23:34 PM »
Tuskegee wins trash talking or not and on the other team's turf, no matter who is officiating.

Offline Valley Girl

• Assistant GM
  • Since 1895
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2014, 05:26:10 PM »
The best approach to negating poor,bad,incompetent officiating is to not let the game be close enough for the officials to be able to make the difference in the outcome.

:nod:

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2014, 05:30:58 PM »
Tuskegee wins trash talking or not and on the other team's turf, no matter who is officiating.
Gotcha & thanks for the clarification....

Offline G-Ram

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 03, 2014, 05:36:00 PM »

How can you do this if you have 255 penalty yards called against you and 3 touchdowns called back? SHYTTTTTTTT!!!! Also, lots of drives stopped because of penalties. Players wind up getting frustrated, fights break out, someone gets tossed. Only one sided calls. Then you get those make up calls when it doesn't matter. I thought this was only supposed to happen when playing a PWC.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 05:55:41 PM by G-Ram »

Offline Cats4ever

• Assistant GM
  • General Manager
    • View Profile
    • FVSU: Let's build a winner.
« Reply #58 on: November 03, 2014, 05:43:29 PM »

The cats4ever approach would be to start taking people out the game.  If the refs are making bad call, oh well, the other team will pay.

How can you do this if you have 255 penalty yards called against you and 3 touchdowns called back? SHYTTTTTTTT!!!! Also, lots of drives stopped because of penalties. Players wind up getting frustrated, fights break out, someone gets tossed. Only one sided calls. Then you get those make up calls when it doesn't matter. I thought this was only supposed to happened when playing a PWC.
Your treatment of others give them control of your soul
Matthew 5:25-26

Offline EL JAY

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://www.valiant-gs.com
« Reply #59 on: November 04, 2014, 08:11:30 AM »
Gotcha & thanks for the clarification....

I think our trash talking is quite mild compared to some other folks...they seem ready to DIE or KILL somebody...I know I talk trash but it's all in fun.  Hell I am a Giants fan and throw shade all the time....lol
Heeeeeeey Tuskegee......

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule