News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: Michael Sam cut by Cowboys  (Read 3511 times)

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: Michael Sam cut by Cowboys
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2014, 04:58:17 PM »
Trying to compare other situations with Sam's is frankly like comparing apples and oranges. Sometimes it comes down to being at the right place at the right time. Now the two that are crying in his behalf have personal experiences which cause them to only see this one way. But since Sam himself has not given any indication that he felt he was not given a fair shot I will leave it right there.
AAMU SIAC Championships 7, SWAC Championships 2 NCAA DII National Championships Men's Soccer '77 & '79, Women's Indoor Track '92 Women's Outdoor Track '92 &'93. HBCU National Championship 1  Black National Swimming and Diving Championships 82-87

Offline Cats4ever

• Assistant GM
  • General Manager
    • View Profile
    • FVSU: Let's build a winner.
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2014, 09:05:38 PM »
Trying to compare other situations with Sam's is frankly like comparing apples and oranges. Sometimes it comes down to being at the right place at the right time. Now the two that are crying in his behalf have personal experiences which cause them to only see this one way. But since Sam himself has not given any indication that he felt he was not given a fair shot I will leave it right there.
I believe we are saying the same time that someone has to like Sam for him to get a chance.  It not that he does not have the ability, but someone has to be willing invest in him long term.
Your treatment of others give them control of your soul
Matthew 5:25-26

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2014, 10:45:39 PM »
I believe we are saying the same time that someone has to like Sam for him to get a chance.  It not that he does not have the ability, but someone has to be willing invest in him long term.

I wouldn't use the word liked but rather a team where his ability fits. He had one good year in the SEC and y'all crowned him a #1 draft choice were it not for his orientation. :no: While he might be a decent pass rusher at this level he is weak against the run IMHO.  He is probably not that good on specials teams either.  This is a business and bottom line teams want to win.  If he had more that one dimension you best bet that he'd be on someone's team right now even if he screwed gorillas.  :shrug:
AAMU SIAC Championships 7, SWAC Championships 2 NCAA DII National Championships Men's Soccer '77 & '79, Women's Indoor Track '92 Women's Outdoor Track '92 &'93. HBCU National Championship 1  Black National Swimming and Diving Championships 82-87

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule