News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: Can someone please explain  (Read 471 times)

Offline #1wildcatfan

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
Can someone please explain
« on: October 14, 2014, 11:17:15 AM »
I was wondering why the game between Albany State and Tuskegee wasn't considered an SIAC conference game? can someone elaborate for me. Just curious

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
Re: Can someone please explain
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 11:36:37 AM »
Each team has 7 conference games: 5 in your division and 2 cross divisional games.

The Skegee v Albany State game doesn't count as an "official" SIAC conference game  since the league had already scheduled the 7 games for the conference, then the schools booked the game in Phenix City afterwards, thus not counting as an official conference game.  Now, that's what I thought it was explained to me....but could have missed a detail here or there....

I would bounce it to the league commish, Mr. Greg Moore, ESQ at gmoore@thesiac.com for the official answer......

[img width=200 height=200]https://pics.me.me/im-donald-j-trump-the-j-

Offline Brother Tony

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2014, 11:42:44 AM »
 ::)  :popcorn:
TUSKEGEE.....THE GIFT THAT KEEPS ON GIVING!

"BRINGING THE WORLD TO TUSKEGEE AND TUSKEGEE TO THE WORLD"

Offline Oldschoolram

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2014, 11:57:34 AM »
It happens more often than you think.  Sometimes the schedules don't allow for normal non-conference games.  So teams wind up playing teams from the conference for non conference games.  One year we had to pay Union to play us for Homecoming.  We had the weekend scheduled but no game.  So we had to pay a CIAA team to play us for a non-conference game.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News