News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: FVSU charging an admittance fee for tailgating and vendor area on homecoming  (Read 2096 times)

Offline #1wildcatfan

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
I have read on FVSU's facebook page, (The Fort Valley State University:Official Page), that, and I quote, "There is a $5 fee for admittance to tailgate and vending area. Spectators not attending the game must purchase the $5 wristband to enter. Pay an additional 15 to enter the stadium."

I do not believe that this will be a good idea for the school. Considering that if a person has paid the $350.00 to rent a tailgate space, let's say that family members chip in to rent that space, but only one or two names goes down on the tailgate form; then the other family members, whose name isn't on the tailgate form, will have to pay to attend something that they've already paid for. To me, that's unfair. I think this is a bad money making decision because what will happen is that the people who tailgate will be double charged. However, I could be wrong.

What we have seen from the mindset of trying to regulate everything is that it has caused a decrease in overall attendance...... Some may ask, what am I referring to, and I will say. I am referring to the strip, also known as State College Drive. It use to thrive from Wednesday to Sunday. They would have vendors non stop from the railroad track to the university. The University, along with the city, tried to capitalize on the vendors by roping off non-dwelling areas and making all vendors apply for a permit and restricting the set-up and hours of operation for Fridays-Saturdays only, with the times ending at 11p.m...... In return less vendors and people.

My question for other students and/or alums is this, Does your school charge to frequent in the tailgating area? Trying to find a consensus, because I can't think of any that do.
[/color]

Offline Golden Kitten

• Assistant GM
  • Student Advokitty/Fashion Police
    • View Profile

As you know, you must have a game ticket to get into the parking/tailgate areas at Skegee - that is $20 on regular game days and $30 for HC.

Perhaps you can suggest to the powers that X numbre of wristbands come with the tailgate space. If you're not attending the game, I think $5 is cheap...you should have to pay something!

Teeny and Little

Offline akaree16

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
I think its a crazy ideal to charge people to walk through the tailgate area  :crazy: I was at Georgia State homecoming on sat and no one was charged, and a lot of there student organizations was tailgating at the game too. Will FVSU charge its on students to tailgate. lol

Offline thatd@mnYOGI

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
But, you will take that same $5 and go McDonalds or any other fast food restaurant, instead of, it giving back to your alma mater. Hell, I am not even going to go there with the many pricey outfit changes and alcohol for the parties during homecoming. You people are funny.

that's all...    :tiptoe:
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 08:07:36 AM by thatd@mnYOGI »

Offline #1wildcatfan

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
We see what happened to the so called "strip" as a result of trying to put the vendors on campus and restricting vendors on State University Drive. I just hate to see my alma mater pinching for dollars and the end result being that it lessen the crowd next year. Sure, if people are already there, they will pay it, but the next year they may say otherwise. And we all know that FVSU's HC is not how it used to be.....

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News