News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: JayThomas, Come and Get Your Church Folks  (Read 501 times)

Offline thatd@mnYOGI

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
JayThomas, Come and Get Your Church Folks
« on: September 10, 2014, 02:41:45 PM »
The audacity of black folks trying to steal 5 minutes of fame.   ???

Hawks cancel meeting at 'last minute'

ATLANTA -- A scheduled meeting between Hawks CEO Steve Koonin and Atlanta civil rights leaders has been cancelled, leading one of the leaders to say his community was greatly offended.

The Rev. Markel Hutchins announced Wednesday's meeting was called off "at the last minute." He later said he received a call from Hawks spokesman Garin Narain on Tuesday night asking that it be postponed.

Hutchins said he needed to hear that request directly from Koonin.

Hutchins and other civil rights leaders asked for the meeting to discuss what he describes as the Hawks' "disrespect for people of color." The request followed racially charged comments by Hawks co-owner Bruce Levenson and general manager Danny Ferry.

Koonin said Tuesday Ferry has been punished but won't be fired.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11502906/rev-markel-hutchins-offended-atlanta-hawks-cancel-talk

that's all... 

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: JayThomas, Come and Get Your Church Folks
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 03:47:46 PM »
 :lol:............sounds like the Hawks management has already concluded what many peeps on this board already knew:  those nuccas ain't got NOTHING to talk about.

I'm gonna tell y'all what's gonna happen.  Hawks management will offer up some free tickets for games, throw in a few jerseys and other Hawks trinkets, and that will pretty much be the end of it. 

Sorry, but this situation does NOT arise to the level of street protests, non-stop CNN and MSNBC coverage, and the presence of Al and Jesse running all around Atlanta.

But having said that, eagerly await JT's thoughts on this matter as he IS at Ground Zero.  :lol:

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • House Pride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, 04:27:54 PM »

:no:  Heyal, I'm not even an nba or Hawks fan so I don't give a frog's fat asse! Nope,  :no: NOT a Braves or baseball fan either. But I will take my godson because he LOVES baseball.  For me its football, hockey and then I'm on to some music stuff.  ;)

Soooooo, this Markel brother only wanted to hear...FROM THE TOP?
Ok....ummm....He might be waiting..... awhile.....Oh well. ::)

Whats the weather prediction for this weekend?

Offline House Rules

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 04:47:48 PM »
:lol:............sounds like the Hawks management has already concluded what many peeps on this board already knew:  those nuccas ain't got NOTHING to talk about.

^^^^^^ This :nod:

Question:  What might be the fallout among former Duke University basketball players?  I'm only a bit curious....since not too many folks are reporting the irony that is - both Danny Ferry & Luol Deng are former Blue Devils.  Just a thought.

Offline thatd@mnYOGI

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2014, 06:50:18 PM »
Whats the weather prediction for this weekend?

30% chance of rain on Saturday. Sunny and low 80s on Friday and Sunday. It's not going to be pour down of rain.

that's all..

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • House Pride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2014, 06:54:35 PM »
Kool....I didn't want my afro to get all jacked up  ;D

Offline thatd@mnYOGI

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2014, 07:45:07 PM »
Kool....I didn't want my afro to get all jacked up  ;D

:no:

that's all...

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW=