News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: Ravens cut Rice after new video surfaces  (Read 4361 times)

Offline DES

• Assistant GM
  • SH*T TALKER BUT IT'S ALL LOVE !!
    • View Profile
Ravens cut Rice after new video surfaces
« on: September 08, 2014, 02:26:31 PM »
Ravens cut Rice after new video surfaces

The Baltimore Ravens terminated running back Ray Rice's contract on Monday, hours after TMZ released a video showing him punching his then-fiancée in the face in an Atlantic City hotel elevator in February.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11489134/baltimore-ravens-cut-ray-rice-new-video-surfaces

Offline thatd@mnYOGI

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: Ravens cut Rice after new video surfaces
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 02:31:06 PM »
Fried Rice.

that's all...

Offline DES

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 02:33:17 PM »
Yeah his career is over

Online Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 02:45:55 PM »
 :no:.........that is one of the most VIOLENT videos I have ever seen.  Absolutely BREATHTAKING in its cruelty.  Dude intended to inflict SERIOUS bodily harm on that girl.   >:(

So, query:  Now that Mr. Rice's contract has been terminated by the Ravens, do y'all think this girl's family will have to pay back that money that RR OBVIOUSLY gave them to be quiet?  :shrug:

Lord, have mercy.  :no:

Offline thatd@mnYOGI

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2014, 02:49:32 PM »
She probably even more pissed off now since she married him and he doesn't have a job. There maybe some serious repercussions.

that's all...   :tiptoe:

Offline Brother Tony

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2014, 02:59:48 PM »
YARD SALE!
TUSKEGEE.....THE GIFT THAT KEEPS ON GIVING!

"BRINGING THE WORLD TO TUSKEGEE AND TUSKEGEE TO THE WORLD"

Offline DES

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2014, 03:05:07 PM »

, do y'all think this girl's family will have to pay back that money that RR OBVIOUSLY gave them to be quiet?  :shrug:

His wife? Why would she pay her husband?

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • House Pride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2014, 03:07:35 PM »
Fried Rice.

that's all...

:lmao:

I'm thru!    ;D

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2014, 03:10:36 PM »
CAN'T WAIT FOR THE BOOK THAT MRS. RICE IS OBVIOUSLY GOING TO WRITE.  :nod:
"Funny thing about getting older. Your eyesight may weaken, but you can see through people so much better." -AND- "Be very careful about what you will tolerate and how you let people address you, it lets them know how they can treat you and what they can get away with." -Authors Unknown-

Online Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2014, 03:11:36 PM »

, do y'all think this girl's family will have to pay back that money that RR OBVIOUSLY gave them to be quiet?  :shrug:

???...............brutha, forgive me, but I CLEARLY stated "this girl's family".  Kindly explain your point^^^^^^ about Mrs. Rice having to "pay" her husband.

I'm confused.  :shrug:

Offline Neymar

• Assistant GM
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2014, 03:11:50 PM »
So, lay the boom on another man, possibly giving him brain damage=A-OK.

Hit your wife during a domestic dispute=Get fired?

What exactly are the ravens doing today? Why did the video getting released change anything from the past? What did they think happen after seeing her laying in the original video? He already admitted hitting her, and he was punished(laughably I must add) by the league...Why end the contract today? because it makes their organization(an organization built in a league going through one of the biggest class action lawsuits in American history by lying about brain injuries) look bad?

What exactly happened today?

Mamba blood forever.

Offline DES

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2014, 03:14:15 PM »
[/quote]
???...............brutha, forgive me, but I CLEARLY stated "this girl's family".  Kindly explain your point^^^^^^ about Mrs. Rice having to "pay" her husband.

I'm confused.  :shrug:
[/quote]

Ray hit his wife. The lady in the video was his wife. At the time she was his fiancee at the time and they got married less than a week after the incident

Offline Decks

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2014, 03:16:35 PM »
The irony is now his wife suffers in this process as well because her income has been cut off. The Ravens terminate his contract with nothing else owed to him. The NFL also placed him on indefinite suspension which I don't believe will hold if challenged by the NFLPA because they had already punished him once. In the end it probably doesn't matter because I don't think even Arena Football will sign him now. His career is done.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 03:18:18 PM by Decks »

Offline Bison 4 Life

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2014, 03:21:36 PM »
The irony is now his wife suffers in this process as well because her income has been cut off. The Ravens terminate his contract with nothing else owed to him. The NFL also placed him on indefinite suspension which I don't believe will hold if challenged by the NFLPA because they had already punished him once. In the end it probably doesn't matter because I don't think even Arena Football will sign him now. His career is done.

Will he get a job coaching at a MEAC/CIAA school?

I'm not joking either.

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2014, 03:23:38 PM »
I've always thought the sickest person in this situation was his now wife. She married him anyway?  :brickwall: I might be able to get past a little slap, but to knock me out like that! Hell no!  I don't give a damn how much in love I am in. There will be no marriage, and his a$$ would be in jail. Worst yet, I would have smiled, said I love you baby, made love to him, and once he fell asleep, I would have pulled the gas can out from behind the bed and lit his a$$ up. I would have not killed him. Once he became disfigured a little bit. I would put the flames out and called 911. Then I would have said 'baby you're going to live, but every time you look in the mirror and see your disfigured face, you are going to think about what you did to me.'

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News