News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: Ravens cut Rice after new video surfaces  (Read 3994 times)

Offline thatd@mnYOGI

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: Ravens cut Rice after new video surfaces
« Reply #75 on: September 10, 2014, 08:20:32 PM »
.....any comments on the news that The NFL Front office was presented with this very video in April....

TMZ is saying the AP report is false .

TMZ is saying what the NFL is responding to the AP.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/09/10/nfl-ray-rice-elevator-video-roger-goodell/

that's all...

Offline j1908

• Assistant GM
  • A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 10, 2014, 08:36:36 PM »

It may not guarantee him a job but you would be surprised who might pick him up in week 14 when they are one player away from making the playoffs, this has died down and Rice has gone on the please forgive me tour.  Ochocinco is not a good example because he wasn't picked up because he was not a productive player for the 2 years leading up to his domestic violence case with Evelyn.  He didn't get picked up because in NE and Miami he was exposed as a wide receiver that could not run routes and learn the offense.  If he was Ochocinco in his prime he would have gotten picked up too.  Donte Stallworth got drunk and killed somebody and he played in the league for years, so go figure.  I think what a lot of people that follow football are really annoyed about is the smoke and mirrors and that the NFL dropped the ball gave this guy a 2 game suspension and because of the outcry it seems like they are trying to backdoor what they should have done when the front door was wide open.  This comes on the heals of players being pissed about the Irsay punishment too.  The league has been on this cleaning up the image campaign since Godell took office and the thought that there may be some wet laundry left in the washing machine is leaving a sour taste in folks mouths.   The realty is they didn't take it seriously because it was a domestic incident.  Had Ray Rice punched a stranger in the elevator he would have received a harsher suspension from the break. I wonder what the NFLPA is going to do.  This makes for some interesting labor relations issues for sure.
WE ARE ALL  IMPORTANT BUT I AM FASCINATING !!!!!

Offline vrblackburn

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Ravens cut Rice after new video surfaces
« Reply #77 on: September 10, 2014, 08:46:51 PM »
I'm thinking RR would not have been fired had he acted as though he "lost it" for a minute and picked her up. The ANALYSTS viewing the video can see without a doubt he showed little concern for her after the incident. He dragged her out of the elevator as though she was no more than a sack of potatoes.

How on earth can a man jeopardize an income of several $million/year by hitting a woman? You just don't solve marital problems with a left to the jaw or head!

« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 03:50:16 AM by vrblackburn »

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 10, 2014, 10:02:38 PM »
.....any comments on the news that The NFL Front office was presented with this very video in April....

TMZ is saying the AP report is false .
???...............bruh, this^^^^^is inaccurate. 

TMZ is simply reporting that a "source" within the NFL TOTALLY DENIES the AP report which stated that someone from law enforcement sent the elevator videotape to the NFL back in April. The source goes on to say, according to TMZ, that when they say the NFL denies ever viewing the tape BEFORE this past Monday (9/8) when it was first released by TMZ, that the "league" is defined as NFL headquarters, NFL Films in New Jersey, and NFL network in L.A.  So the NFL is STEADFAST in asserting that they NEVER saw the film of RR pummeling his ole lady until this past Monday.  The TMZ report makes CLEAR that they are not "vouching" for the NFL "source'" story, but are simply reporting what was told to them.

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 10, 2014, 10:34:19 PM »

Strike 79,

For some reason you remind me of the person being pranked in this Youtube video. But you said homeboy is a good kid, but they can hide their dirt very well.

:lol:..........well, I would HOPE that I would not react as the dad did in this^^^^audio if I thought my daughter was planning to marry a dude damn near twice her age.  :lol:  But there REALLY is a cautionary tale here.

The gentleman said in response to crazy a.z.z Nephew Tommy  :lol:, that his daughter had attended "private" schools all of her life, had attained a college degree, and was now enrolled in grad school.  And there was NO WAY he would "allow" his daughter to marry a "jail bird".

Well, he also mentioned that his daughter is 25, the same age Ms. Strike will be in a couple of months.  And no matter WHAT background her parents provided for her, if Ms. Strike informed me that she was planning to marry a "bum," ain't a damn thing neither Mrs. Strike nor I could do about it.  :shrug:

But I would ALSO hope, and this relates to the topic at hand, that no matter WHO Ms. Strike decides to settle down with, that she has been imbued with enough self-esteem to never, EVER, allow some clown to put his hands on her with impunity. if she allowed that, and I was never informed of it, I would be BITTERLY disappointed in my daughter.  :(

Offline Bison 4 Life

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 11, 2014, 09:14:16 AM »
 :popcorn:

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in.

=OW=

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News