News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: WSSU IS once again the BEST team in HBCU Football...  (Read 3163 times)

Offline TrueEagle

• Assistant GM
  • Asst. GM
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nccueaf.org
Re: WSSU IS once again the BEST team in HBCU Football...
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2014, 02:18:37 PM »
I just hope the team's aspiration is higher than the best HBCU anything.  :shrug:
In all due respect brother...although I understand what you're saying, I feel that is a self-hating/self-poisoned statement. We all know that HBCUs have shortcomings. I would imagine that some PWCs do as well...but they are not my concern. Your statement says that there is inherently something wrong with wanting to the best HBCU as if that is not enough.
"The EAGLE is no common, ordinary barnyard fowl, and while a sparrow clings to its flock, AN EAGLE SOARS ALONE!" -Dr. James Shepard, Founder of NCCU    :nod:

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2014, 02:51:31 PM »
I just hope the team's aspiration is higher than the best HBCU anything.  :shrug:
In all due respect brother...although I understand what you're saying, I feel that is a self-hating/self-poisoned statement. We all know that HBCUs have shortcomings. I would imagine that some PWCs do as well...but they are not my concern. Your statement says that there is inherently something wrong with wanting to the best HBCU as if that is not enough.

Thanks TrueEagel for clearing that up. You are 100% correct. Why do we feel like we have to have them authenticate us before we are somebody? WSSU could only wish that we where the best HBCU in anything. We could have the best HBCU team... maybe. But if we do have the best team, it will be short lived. Winning in sports comes and goes. It's fun and okay to talk a little smack, but should all be for fun. True greatness is having a best academics among HBCUs.

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2014, 03:00:08 PM »
Have they recovered from the lost in the title game?

Go find an academic forum and then post your comments. This sports forum and only schools who really play football should comment. I hope that Howard has recovered from being 0-3 (counting this weeks lose to Morehouse).   :lol:

Akron -41
Howard - 0

Rutgers - 38
Coward - 25

Offline Meciber 202

• Assistant GM
  • We're Baaacck! MEAC Baby! 2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2014, 03:09:15 PM »

I took what Q was saying differently ... you got to consider the source and read between the lines   ;)
2006 HBCU National Champions - NC Central University

Don't forget secret GOP strategy meetings sponsored by Koch bros: attendees included Congressmen, Governors, CEOs, National Chamber of Congress, and two Supreme Court Judges; all united to put GOP back in power. Could SC Judges be bought? smh

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2014, 08:06:28 PM »
I just hope the team's aspiration is higher than the best HBCU anything.  :shrug:

Bruh evidently you don't understand what I'm saying otherwise you would not have said my statement was self hating/self poisoned statement.  If your goal is merely to be the best HBCU then only play HBCUs and forget the playoffs.  If your goal is the NC and you win it, the other stuff automatically comes with it.  By the way research Onnidan and show me where I ever showed hate toward an HBCU.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 08:09:46 PM by Que82 »
Trying to light Que82 up like a 4th of July firecracker

Offline Blazer85

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2014, 08:17:05 PM »
I just hope the team's aspiration is higher than the best HBCU anything.  :shrug:

Bruh evidently you don't understand what I'm saying otherwise you would not have said my statement was self hating/self poisoned statement.  If your goal is merely to be the best HBCU then only play HBCUs and forget the playoffs.  If your goal is the NC and you win it, the other stuff automatically comes with it.  By the way research Onnidan and show me where I ever showed hate toward an HBCU.
EXACTLY. Well said. It's not about proving something to anyone or anybody, it's about focusing on a goal and striving to achieve it... whatever that may be

Offline punchy

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2014, 09:03:42 AM »

Thanks TrueEagel for clearing that up. You are 100% correct. Why do we feel like we have to have them authenticate us before we are somebody? WSSU could only wish that we where the best HBCU in anything. We could have the best HBCU team... maybe. But if we do have the best team, it will be short lived. Winning in sports comes and goes. It's fun and okay to talk a little smack, but should all be for fun. True greatness is having a best academics among HBCUs.

What in the world is wrong with winning the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP as opposed to just winning the HBCU NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP?  :shrug:
Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Offline punchy

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2014, 09:08:52 AM »

WSSU beat UNC-P last week, a team I believe WSSU lost to last year in the last few minutes, if I recall correctly; so I believe WSSU is definitely on the right track! Valdosta is good this year; this is going to be a very good game.  :popcorn:
Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2014, 09:34:20 AM »

What in the world is wrong with winning the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP as opposed to just winning the HBCU NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP?  :shrug:

Punchy - Winning the National Championship should be the goal for every team that plays the sport. I was responding to another posters comments who said that there is nothing wrong with just winning a HBCU Championship, and he was right... but so are you. These one liners we write on this forum makes communication difficult. I think that most of us are saying the same thing. If this was a live, in person conversation, we would all be in agreement.

Offline TrueEagle

• Assistant GM
  • Asst. GM
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nccueaf.org
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2014, 09:54:58 AM »
Ok, I think we're off track a bit here. Or perhaps I missed something. What has us thinking have the WSSU posters DON'Taspire to be national champions? They obviously do.

But I stand by my original statement. This statement, imho, is self-poisoned, self-hating and even self-depreciating.
I just hope the team's aspiration is higher than the best HBCU anything.

Any of our schools that lay claim to the "HBCU NC"...although it mythical...can and should be proud of that accomplishment. Now, does that say they WEREN'T shooting for THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP? Absolutely not.
"The EAGLE is no common, ordinary barnyard fowl, and while a sparrow clings to its flock, AN EAGLE SOARS ALONE!" -Dr. James Shepard, Founder of NCCU    :nod:

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2014, 10:45:12 AM »
Ok, I think we're off track a bit here. Or perhaps I missed something. What has us thinking have the WSSU posters DON'Taspire to be national champions? They obviously do.

But I stand by my original statement. This statement, imho, is self-poisoned, self-hating and even self-depreciating.

Any of our schools that lay claim to the "HBCU NC"...although it mythical...can and should be proud of that accomplishment. Now, does that say they WEREN'T shooting for THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP? Absolutely not.

My comment was based on every post that GUR makes is about best HBCU this and best HBCU that.  He uses it as a put down.  My comment was directed at GUR and not the other WSSU posters. You then took my statement to a different level for whatever you reason.  Sometimes its better to ask someone the meaning of what they said rather than jumping off on the deep end.    ::)
Trying to light Que82 up like a 4th of July firecracker

Offline Meciber 202

• Assistant GM
  • We're Baaacck! MEAC Baby! 2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2014, 11:49:18 AM »
We are getting wrapped too much into each others comments  :offtopic:  The Topic is (after one game), "WSSU IS once again the BEST team in HBCU Football"  :police: That is what yall suppose to be debating ...   :nod:

In this thread, GUR has already crowned WSSU rams  ::) 
The obvious question IS based on what??  :shrug:

..... carry on ......:tiptoe:
2006 HBCU National Champions - NC Central University

Don't forget secret GOP strategy meetings sponsored by Koch bros: attendees included Congressmen, Governors, CEOs, National Chamber of Congress, and two Supreme Court Judges; all united to put GOP back in power. Could SC Judges be bought? smh

Offline Bison 4 Life

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2014, 01:34:26 PM »

My comment was based on every post that GUR makes is about best HBCU this and best HBCU that.  He uses it as a put down.  My comment was directed at GUR and not the other WSSU posters. You then took my statement to a different level for whatever you reason.  Sometimes its better to ask someone the meaning of what they said rather than jumping off on the deep end.    ::)

Offline Bison 4 Life

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2014, 01:35:50 PM »

Go find an academic forum and then post your comments. This sports forum and only schools who really play football should comment. I hope that Howard has recovered from being 0-3 (counting this weeks lose to Morehouse).   :lol:

Akron -41
Howard - 0

Rutgers - 38
Coward - 25

Please win a title in something then come and brag. Until then you are just another in a long line of Negro pretenders that fold like a tent when facing PWI talent on the national stage.

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2014, 01:57:25 PM »

Go find an academic forum and then post your comments. This sports forum and only schools who really play football should comment. I hope that Howard has recovered from being 0-3 (counting this weeks lose to Morehouse).   :lol:

Akron -41
Howard - 0

Rutgers - 38
Coward - 25

Please win a title in something then come and brag. Until then you are just another in a long line of Negro pretenders that fold like a tent when facing PWI talent on the national stage.

Winning playoff games against PWI talent is what we have been doing the past four years. What rock have you been living under. And what titles have you won or are you that "Negro pretender" you spoke of?

NOTE: If you behave the rest of the year, I will send you tickets to one of out playoff games, so that you can see they are like.   :lol: :lol:
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 01:59:21 PM by Ram55 »

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News