News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: Michael Sam cut by Rams  (Read 1138 times)

Offline Cats4ever

• Assistant GM
  • General Manager
    • View Profile
    • FVSU: Let's build a winner.
Re: Michael Sam cut by Rams
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2014, 11:33:59 AM »
A seventh-round pick should have never gotten this much attention in the first place.  Now that the pressure is off him and the Rams he'll get picked up on waivers and be fine.  The Jags, Bucs and the Cowgirls all need some depth on the line.

Or $6,000 a week minimum for the practice squad.  Not a bad living at all.

Thanks bro, but Mike played very well and he deserved the attention he got because he played beyond what his combine numbers stated. Now, for those who wonder why he did not make, he was beat out by a undrafted  rookie from West Texas AM. Now Sams is better than him at one position, but the other guy can play several positions. This is important when you are a back up because you can fill for anyone he gets injured.

Back to to Mike, he will be OK because he can rush the passer who some team will need or he will be on the Rams PS. He will earn at least 6K for 16 week which is 96K. Not bad at all for 16 weeks of work.
Your treatment of others give them control of your soul
Matthew 5:25-26

Online 81alphaeagle

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2014, 02:34:22 PM »
How many straight players got cut?

Online Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2014, 03:48:28 PM »

:nod:

That's what happen to the lower round draft choices.   :nod:  One poster stated he hopes Sam will get a fair deal on "wavers".  Heyal I bet he got a fairer deal than most other 7 round draftees got.  ::)
Trying to light Que82 up like a 4th of July firecracker

Online 81alphaeagle

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2014, 03:53:55 PM »

That's what happen to the lower round draft choices.   :nod:  One poster stated he hopes Sam will get a fair deal on "wavers".  Heyal I bet he got a fairer deal than most other 7 round draftees got.  ::)
I agree.

Offline Decks

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2014, 04:18:07 PM »

I agree.

No one claimed him so at best he's headed to someone's practice squad.

Online ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2014, 05:25:31 PM »
Look, dude had a decent preseason.  He made plays.  If you watched him at Mizzou, dude plays hard from snap to whistle....so I aint got an issue with him being drafted and being on someones practice squad.  I simply smh when folks always wanna make a mountain out of a mole hill.  Dude can freaking play the game....period....eod....is he all world at present?  no....but he aint some chump, jive turkey being given a chance due to his preferences....

give it a rest and move on....bfd, dude is gay....he is in love with a man....and the sun will still rise tomorrow and the earth will continue to rotate on its axis.....

Offline DES

• Assistant GM
  • SH*T TALKER BUT IT'S ALL LOVE !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2014, 09:34:46 PM »

Offline DES

• Assistant GM
  • SH*T TALKER BUT IT'S ALL LOVE !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2014, 06:18:02 AM »
Sams needs to learn to play special teams if he wants to be in the league. He is not that dominating of a pass rusher not to do anything else

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule