News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.  "PERSONAL ATTACKS" will not be tolerated.  Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: Maybe WSSU will play A&T again if it's The Bill Hayes Classic game...  (Read 6945 times)

Offline The Sloping Hills and Verdent Green

• Assistant GM
  • #1 NCCU Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Maybe WSSU will play A&T again if it's The Bill Hayes Classic game...
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2014, 10:51:47 AM »
WSSU may want to come back if this HBCU Champ. Game happens with the participants getting $1 Million each.  :nod:

What HBCU Championship game?   ???    :shrug:

LOOK OUT MEAC WE ARE BACK AND READY

• Assistant GM
  • #1 NCCU Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2014, 10:58:32 AM »

....with that being said, I think I speak for many Aggies when I say that playing Winston is the last thing on our minds.  Feel free to concoct the "y'all scared to play us" narrative....as each year passes and y'all stay in the CI, the more this rivalry will fade to obscurity.  

Is this the feeling just for you new school Aggies?  I think many Aggie fans would rather see a&t play WSSU instead of Chowan.   Heck, a game against WSSU would be more exciting than the game against AAMU will be.

When is the NCCU vs WSSU game? I'm sure I missed it on the schedule....

As for all others RIGHT NOW this game is NOT happening. It is time to LET IT GO.....

NEIGHBORHOODSUPERSTAR summed it up PERFECTLY.....

I have said it repeatedly that I would love to have a home and home series with WSSU.  But I know that will not happen. 

I have also said that I grew up with and know a WHOLE LOT OF OLD SCHOOL AGGIES.   The thing I heard the most from them is:

1.  They never want to see VUL on the schedule again
  2.  They would love to play WSSU again
  3.  They don't understand why they are not playing WSSU

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2014, 11:08:42 AM »
WSSU may want to come back if this HBCU Champ. Game happens with the participants getting $1 Million each.  :nod:

Really 1 million each????  Who is sponsoring this game???? What is the largest crowd you guys have had, cause if y'all are not putting 60K or better in the seats I hardly see anybody throwing away 2 million dollars.  :no: :shrug:
Never discuss cheese with a rat, bread with a bird or make moves with a snake.

Lord, remove the front teeth of my enemies so I can know them by their smile.

Offline westcoastaggie

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2014, 11:09:45 AM »

What HBCU Championship game?   ???    :shrug:

ESPN is talking to our conference about a HBCU Champ. Bowl game in Atlanta against the SWAC champion. The teams in the game will get $1 Milli each. They are talking about it over on MFZ.

Offline WileECoyote06

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2014, 11:14:43 AM »
lol. . .

Sidebar:  

Did yall read how UND (an FCS member) is getting treated by NDSU (an in-state and long time rival)?  

Two games at home (2015, 2019) with no return guarantee, 500 tickets plus band and cheerleaders; $125,000 and $140,000.  FCS teams aren't even getting return games; so why would either of us agree to an away game with a D2 team?

The other side of it; we ain't paying $100K+ for a D2 team.  Be lucky if we pay $30K for a D2 team.

Offline westcoastaggie

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2014, 11:21:43 AM »
lol. . .

Sidebar:  

Did yall read how UND (an FCS member) is getting treated by NDSU (an in-state and long time rival)?  

Two games at home (2015, 2019) with no return guarantee, 500 tickets plus band and cheerleaders; $125,000 and $140,000.  FCS teams aren't even getting return games; so why would either of us agree to an away game with a D2 team?

The other side of it; we ain't paying $100K+ for a D2 team.  Be lucky if we pay $30K for a D2 team.

Yup.

Offline eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2014, 11:27:06 AM »
lol. . .

Sidebar:  

That might be better than what most HBCU div. 2 schools get for their home games. 
Whether great or small, victory is victory!

Offline aggiegrad2009

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2014, 11:39:19 AM »

....with that being said, I think I speak for many Aggies when I say that playing Winston is the last thing on our minds.  Feel free to concoct the "y'all scared to play us" narrative....as each year passes and y'all stay in the CI, the more this rivalry will fade to obscurity.  

Is this the feeling just for you new school Aggies?  I think many Aggie fans would rather see a&t play WSSU instead of Chowan.   Heck, a game against WSSU would be more exciting than the game against AAMU will be.

As for all others RIGHT NOW this game is NOT happening. It is time to LET IT GO.....

I have said it repeatedly that I would love to have a home and home series with WSSU.  But I know that will not happen. 

I have also said that I grew up with and know a WHOLE LOT OF OLD SCHOOL AGGIES.   The thing I heard the most from them is:

Have you voiced those concerns to the NCCU Athletic Department that you'd love to do a home & home with WSSU.

1) I don't want to see VUL on the schedule either.
2) There are some OLD SCHOOL AGGIES if you left it up to them the only teams we'd play would be NC HBCUs
3)See#2

As Superstar mentioned the longer it stays off the schedule the more this game will fade to obscurity.

Think about it we've only played them 5x since 2000 (2006-2010). Therefore unless a person was at T from 06-10 they didn't get a chance to experience that game as students so they are probably a bit indifferent towards it now as Alums.

The last class at T to have any experiece with this game as stduents graudated this past spring (Fall 2010 class) and that was only once during their freshman year.

Knocking down the competition one game at a time!!!!!!

Offline WileECoyote06

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2014, 11:50:26 AM »
Both A & T and NCCU football programs need money.  Playing VUL and Chowan is a slap in the the face of the dollars lost.  NCCU, playing ECSU and other D2 schools is also a slap in the face of dollars.  Governor Pat McCrory and his cronies in the state house are trying to eliminate all HBCU funding.  Whether you are D1 or D2 this game will bring money, fans and alums out to see.  Talk all the smack you want about Aggie Pride and Eagle Pride, money talks these days.  Play the game and count the money for all schools.

This may hold true for A&T; but it's been shown again and again that NCCU can bring in a former CIAA rival and  the attendance won't drop off much.  WSSU will probably cost us more than our other rivals, and I'm sure they want a return game, so I can certainly understand why we aren't playing.

2013  St. Augustine 7136
2012  Fayetteville St 9077
2011 ------------------------------ (no CIAA home opponents)
2010 Johnson C. Smith 9257
2010 WSSU 9711
2009 ------------------------------ (no CIAA home opponents)
2008 Fayetteville St  8853
2008 WSSU 6294
2007 Fayetteville St 6816
2007 St. Augustine 6327

WSSU AVG:  8002.5
FORMER CIAA RIVALS:  7911

I look forward to hosting ECSU in two weeks; I love their fans, and I hear their band is much, much better now.

• Assistant GM
  • #1 NCCU Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2014, 11:53:13 AM »

Have you voiced those concerns to the NCCU Athletic Department that you'd love to do a home & home with WSSU.

1) I don't want to see VUL on the schedule either.
2) There are some OLD SCHOOL AGGIES if you left it up to them the only teams we'd play would be NC HBCUs
3)See#2

As Superstar mentioned the longer it stays off the schedule the more this game will fade to obscurity.

Think about it we've only played them 5x since 2000 (2006-2010). Therefore unless a person was at T from 06-10 they didn't get a chance to experience that game as students so they are probably a bit indifferent towards it now as Alums.

The last class at T to have any experiece with this game as stduents graudated this past spring (Fall 2010 class) and that was only once during their freshman year.

I have voiced my interest in playing WSSU with our AD.

You keeping thinking in the new school mindset.  You are only 5 years out of school.  There are a lot more old school aggies out there who would love to see this game than the ones who have recently graduated.  I am willing to bet that more old school aggies giving back to A&T than those who have graduated in the last 5 years.  

Offline NEIGHBORHOODSUPERSTAR

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2014, 12:12:11 PM »
Count me as an Aggie who would like to see Winston play us.....BUT I'M NOT LOSING SLEEP OVER IT.  Whether we beat SU 100-0 or lose to them 100-0, our program is about getting back to the top of the MEAC and beyond.  Playing SU on an annual basis really doesn't help divulge whether we're achieving these goals.

I understand Chowan is on our schedule this year and VUL has been on our schedule for the past 3 years.  I've been very vocal about us Aggies not playing these bogus a-- games.  I see them as a waste of a quality football week.

I'm not a fan of playing any game that doesn't test us against competition that doesn't tell us how we would fare on the MEAC/FCS landscape.   Is Winston as good as some teams in the FCS - undoubtedly.  However, until they get their funds up and come back into the MEAC or another FCS program, they cannot cherry-pick which FCS opponent they want on their schedule when they're tired of beating CIAA teams on the regular.

MOVE UP OR MOVE ON  :tiptoe: :tiptoe:

Offline WileECoyote06

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2014, 12:16:32 PM »
The games with WSSU are all about dollars and sense (pun intended).  If we or A&T are not playing them, it's likely because they want to play on terms favorable to them.  Either they want to play or you don't, but NCCU and A&T hold the best cards right now.

We should not play WSSU in Winston and we should not pay WSSU more than we pay FSU, St. Augustine, Shaw, or ECSU.  If they don't like the terms, then we'll continue to play FSU, St. Augustine, Shaw or ECSU.  This is as silly as expecting Charlotte to play us in Durham after they transition to FBS.

Offline Pirate12

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2014, 01:12:49 PM »

Listen Bro. from what I am reading concerning some HBCUs and black student pools in general most FCS HBCUs need to trudge on back to D2. If we had some other options NOW  HIU would gladly leave the MEAC and just do our annual game versus Norfolk State and probably Howard. We can easily take out the "You" and add "MEAC" and  sing this song...

:lmao: :lmao:

Offline Oldschoolram

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2014, 02:25:48 PM »
 :no: :vomit:

Offline PharoahNupe94

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2014, 02:41:09 PM »

(toilet flush)

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in.

=OW=

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News