News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: FAU hires Michael Curry as men's basketball coach  (Read 2164 times)

Offline DES

• Assistant GM
  • SH*T TALKER BUT IT'S ALL LOVE !!
    • View Profile
Re: FAU hires Michael Curry as men's basketball coach
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2014, 02:15:30 PM »

DES
I asked you earlier, when did I call you out of your name and you haven’t answered.  I don’t read minds.
Then you say I know everything, but ask questions.  Well you got half of it correct, because I do ask questions, but I’ve never claimed to know everything.  Where is your proof of the former?
But you are funny.  You have SH*T TALKER in your comments, but whine about someone calling you out.  You better be glad you didn’t grow up in my old Bed-Stuy neighborhood.  You don’t know what sh!t talking is.
Maybe sh*t talker means saying Marshall Univ has hired someone, when clearly their website says differently.  

[/quote]

You should know what u say since you are so smart. And to that BED-Stuy comment I grew up on 14th st and Georgia Ave NW DC where s**t talking and ACTION happens everyday all day. And since u do not know everything s**t talking does not mean calling folks out of there especially because you do not agree with facts and opinion on a chat board especially for a educated person like yourself

Offline FAM1st

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2014, 02:40:53 PM »
personally, I'm a little disappointed.  I would like for someone to explain to me how you can be under contract until 2018, but allowed to interview for new employment?

if a contract isn't binding or enforceable what's the point in signing one?

M&G -

Almost everyone knows that a coaches contract is a joke and there is flat out no loyalty whatsoever when it comes to this and similar activities.  but don't let a kid try to transfer....stick em with a 1 yr 'penalty'....but coaches can move at the drop of a dime with no recourse....

Wasn't your current football HC under contract at South Alabama as a position coach before he accepted the NCCU HC gig?

GREAT point 87 Alum ... oh the hypocrites (coaches and fans) who criticized the supremely gifted NCCU athletes who had success there and transfer up and out of the MEAC and then those same hypocrites turn the other face to applaud a coach who has some success, then seeks to transfer up and out of his Alma Mata no less. As George Clinton would say ... LAUGHIN AT CHA :lmao:

I applaud coach Moton as I applauded Briscoe, Kidd. Young African American men who worked hard to create opportunities for themselves and then made moves to better their lot.

I think you missed the point.  The NCAA imposes a one year penalty not the institutions.  What about applauding those who stayed four years like Ingram and Chapman. 

No I think you missed my point 81 ... just like the NCAA there are alot of NCCU fans and coaches who take a hypocritical approach when dealing with their elite athletes and coaches.

Offline Eagle Banker

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Heritage First Credit Union
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2014, 03:08:25 PM »
personally, I'm a little disappointed.  I would like for someone to explain to me how you can be under contract until 2018, but allowed to interview for new employment?

if a contract isn't binding or enforceable what's the point in signing one?

M&G -

Almost everyone knows that a coaches contract is a joke and there is flat out no loyalty whatsoever when it comes to this and similar activities.  but don't let a kid try to transfer....stick em with a 1 yr 'penalty'....but coaches can move at the drop of a dime with no recourse....

Wasn't your current football HC under contract at South Alabama as a position coach before he accepted the NCCU HC gig?

GREAT point 87 Alum ... oh the hypocrites (coaches and fans) who criticized the supremely gifted NCCU athletes who had success there and transfer up and out of the MEAC and then those same hypocrites turn the other face to applaud a coach who has some success, then seeks to transfer up and out of his Alma Mata no less. As George Clinton would say ... LAUGHIN AT CHA :lmao:

I applaud coach Moton as I applauded Briscoe, Kidd. Young African American men who worked hard to create opportunities for themselves and then made moves to better their lot.

I think you missed the point.  The NCAA imposes a one year penalty not the institutions.  What about applauding those who stayed four years like Ingram and Chapman. 

No I think you missed my point 81 ... just like the NCAA there are alot of NCCU fans and coaches who take a hypocritical approach when dealing with their elite athletes and coaches.

Fam1st,
I knew you would come out of the woodwork soon, now that the NCCU Basketball Season is over.  The good news is that we Won the Regular Season, Won the MEAC and went to the NCAA tournament.  I would hope you could see that success as a positive for the program and stop your negative campaign with both active student athletes and alumni in the Baltimore/DC/VA area.
North Carolina Central University, Eagle Pride Amplified!!!!

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2014, 03:29:14 PM »

DES
I asked you earlier, when did I call you out of your name and you haven’t answered.  I don’t read minds.
Then you say I know everything, but ask questions.  Well you got half of it correct, because I do ask questions, but I’ve never claimed to know everything.  Where is your proof of the former?
But you are funny.  You have SH*T TALKER in your comments, but whine about someone calling you out.  You better be glad you didn’t grow up in my old Bed-Stuy neighborhood.  You don’t know what sh!t talking is.
Maybe sh*t talker means saying Marshall Univ has hired someone, when clearly their website says differently. 

You should know what u say since you are so smart. And to that BED-Stuy comment I grew up on 14th st and Georgia Ave NW DC where s**t talking and ACTION happens everyday all day. And since u do not know everything s**t talking does not mean calling folks out of there especially because you do not agree with facts and opinion on a chat board especially for a educated person like yourself

you keep making assertions that I don't remember.  has it occurred to you what you call a slight (out of your name) does not equate to the same thing to me?  And in such a case I wouldn't know what you're referring too because I just equate whatever I said to chat board banter.  Nothing to get all bent out of shape over.

you still have not provided other proof I've requested.  Since sh*t talking means something different to both of us, I will try my best to not address your posts in the future.

Offline DES

• Assistant GM
  • SH*T TALKER BUT IT'S ALL LOVE !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2014, 03:38:27 PM »
you keep making assertions that I don't remember.  has it occurred to you what you call a slight (out of your name) does not equate to the same thing to me?  And in such a case I wouldn't know what you're referring too because I just equate whatever I said to chat board banter.  Nothing to get all bent out of shape over.

you still have not provided other proof I've requested.  Since sh*t talking means something different to both of us, I will try my best to not address your posts in the future.
[/quote]

Not bent out of shape I still answer your questions that you post and even agree to some of the stuff you say. However maybe because it was Moton you get really emotional and dismiss everyone as if they do not know what we are talking about :shrug: But its all good.

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2014, 06:12:33 PM »
M&G, coaches sign long term contracts with buyouts.  If he leaves the other school will have to pay whatever is in the buyout clause.  The coach gets to leave and the school does not lose anything either.  The school can fire a coach at anytime.  The coach can leave for another school at anytime. 

There really is no loyalty on either part.  Especially at HBCUs and small colleges.  All you need is a new chancellor/president come in and say 'I'm stressing academics' and athletic budgets get cut.  At HBCUs if the head coach gets more press than the HNIC budgets get cut drastically and the coach gets fired for not winning.  If the school gets a new chancellor/president coaches get fired because they did not hire him/her.
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline The Sloping Hills and Verdent Green

• Assistant GM
  • #1 NCCU Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2014, 07:43:10 PM »

Not bent out of shape I still answer your questions that you post and even agree to some of the stuff you say. However maybe because it was Moton you get really emotional and dismiss everyone as if they do not know what we are talking about :shrug: But its all good.
[/quote]

DES,

Do you know how to use the "quote" feature on this forum?  Your alleged quoted statements are never in a separate box from what you currently post.    :shrug:   ???

LOOK OUT MEAC WE ARE BACK AND READY

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News