News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.  "PERSONAL ATTACKS" will not be tolerated.  Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: "Rudy Johnson & Phillip Sims could have easily played at WAKE"  (Read 3729 times)

Offline TREESE

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
Re: "Rudy Johnson & Phillip Sims could have easily played at WAKE"
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2014, 02:00:46 PM »

Now how many of your starting QB's would have a former FBS Division 1 coach & Conference Champion say your QB could easily play at that level?

There are still those that doubt that WSSU by far has the best QB in HBCU Football!!!!

Lobotzke said he likes what he has seen so far in spring practice.

“I’m very happy with our talent level,” Lobotzke said. “The guys that we are projecting as starters are every bit as good as what I saw in recent years at Wake Forest. I think our top two quarterbacks (Rudy Johnson and Phillip Sims) could have easily played for us at Wake.”

http://www.journalnow.com/sports/wssu/football/lobotzke-settling-in-across-town/article_a4cefbd9-2464-55f0-8b27-78798c06b9ca.html

If this all true, then why did he try to recruit them or get them to transfer to Wake???? Maybe he would still be the HC at Wake..... :tiptoe:

This is true because the whole world knows that Phillip Sims played in two higher profile programs than Wake and Rudy Johnson is just that good. The other players are mostly D1 transfers with one being an D1 All American.  I would not be surprised if Wake did recruit some of them at some point. But with so many high school players coming out each year, it would be unlikely that Wake would have noticed them. The fact that he is telling you this, further illustrate the reasons your school is afraid to play us on fair bases. So what are you trying to say?

As good as the starters he's seen at Wake huh....

U mean this Wake Forest , the same ones who haven't had a winning season since 08

2013    4-8
2012    5-7
2011    6-7
2010    3-9
2009    5-7

Clearly he has a eye for talent ,  ::) ::) :crazy:

I won't address the game issue or why it isn't being played

What year did Wake Forest beat the yazoo out of A&T in football. I saw some of the game footage and their qb ran over one of T's defensive players. ouch!

It was in 2004. Wake beat NC A&T 42-3 using his talent and coaching skills.

yeap Wake was great that year (2004) finished with 4 wins and 7 losses, so was the sheep 4 wins and 6 losses.. the mighty Aggies were 3 & 8! 2004 was a good year for all!

YEAP! The only numbers that's relevant to the above comments are the "42-3" score. The former Wake coach we now have did that to you. Now bringing up other schools in the conversation is not relevant...is it?

YEAP!

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2014, 02:21:09 PM »

Now how many of your starting QB's would have a former FBS Division 1 coach & Conference Champion say your QB could easily play at that level?

There are still those that doubt that WSSU by far has the best QB in HBCU Football!!!!

“I’m very happy with our talent level,” Lobotzke said. “The guys that we are projecting as starters are every bit as good as what I saw in recent years at Wake Forest. I think our top two quarterbacks (Rudy Johnson and Phillip Sims) could have easily played for us at Wake.”

http://www.journalnow.com/sports/wssu/football/lobotzke-settling-in-across-town/article_a4cefbd9-2464-55f0-8b27-78798c06b9ca.html

If this all true, then why did he try to recruit them or get them to transfer to Wake???? Maybe he would still be the HC at Wake..... :tiptoe:

This is true because the whole world knows that Phillip Sims played in two higher profile programs than Wake and Rudy Johnson is just that good. The other players are mostly D1 transfers with one being an D1 All American.  I would not be surprised if Wake did recruit some of them at some point. But with so many high school players coming out each year, it would be unlikely that Wake would have noticed them. The fact that he is telling you this, further illustrate the reasons your school is afraid to play us on fair bases. So what are you trying to say?

U mean this Wake Forest , the same ones who haven't had a winning season since 08

2013    4-8
2012    5-7
2011    6-7
2010    3-9
2009    5-7

Speaking of records, how many games has a&t won in the last ten years? You guys has to have one of the worst records in the country. So how can you comment on talent when you have not seen any in quite some time. I am sure that coaching and evaluating talent in the ACC gives him a much better feel as to what real talent is. Your coach, Big Pants Broadway" surely knows talent. Just look at all those extremely low level D1AA conference championships he has won in the MEAC and SWAC.

Wake has beaten A&T by at least 40 in every game they have played. And our new coach was at Wake during that time. He was the person responsible for all those 40 point blowouts they gave you. You need to worry about what both NC Central and Hampton  going to do to you and stop worrying about all our outstanding players at WSSU.

A&T Last 10 years   33 -77. Wake is  59-64.

Low level , umm so the CIAA is the top football conference in Division II now? Did I miss something?

A&T and Wake have only played once.

And lastly , not worried about WSSU. Article was posted and i made a comment. I thought this was a message board and that is what your supposed to do. Guess i'm wrong

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2014, 04:16:26 PM »

2013    4-8
2012    5-7
2011    6-7
2010    3-9
2009    5-7

Speaking of records, how many games has a&t won in the last ten years? You guys has to have one of the worst records in the country. So how can you comment on talent when you have not seen any in quite some time. I am sure that coaching and evaluating talent in the ACC gives him a much better feel as to what real talent is. Your coach, Big Pants Broadway" surely knows talent. Just look at all those extremely low level D1AA conference championships he has won in the MEAC and SWAC.

Wake has beaten A&T by at least 40 in every game they have played. And our new coach was at Wake during that time. He was the person responsible for all those 40 point blowouts they gave you. You need to worry about what both NC Central and Hampton  going to do to you and stop worrying about all our outstanding players at WSSU.

A&T Last 10 years   33 -77. Wake is  59-64.

Low level , umm so the CIAA is the top football conference in Division II now? Did I miss something?

A&T and Wake have only played once.

And lastly , not worried about WSSU. Article was posted and i made a comment. I thought this was a message board and that is what your supposed to do. Guess i'm wrong

You are right, this is a message board. That is why I responded to your non-sense. The article was partly about the coaches ability to evaluate talent. And my point to you is that he has a better skill in doing that than you... being that you have not seen talent in the last 10 years - unless you attended one of our games.  :lol:

Offline Ram-Fan

• Assistant GM
  • Message Board Gangsters For Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2014, 05:36:49 PM »

Lobo was never the HC at Wake.

He was OC.  He more than likely did try and recruit Sims.  He was Nations top QB his senior and signed with Nick Saban and Alabama.

Johnson is from San Diego and originally signed with TXSU.  If i'm not mistaken his Father played their with the then current Coach Johnnie Cole
at TXSU.

For u guys sake, i hope Johnson is your starter. Sims is a project. Has great talent but he isn't a student of his position nor the classroom. Was beaten out at Bama for a starting position and then was moved all the way to 3rd on the UVA depth chart.

He barely lost job to a guy who was play in NFL.

Started at UVA and caused his competition to transfer.

You're way off, but I understand why.

Sure i am , I just hate he's at your school and not mine .... Lol

http://www.streakingthelawn.com/football/2013/5/31/4383390/virginia-football-transfer-phillip-sims-ineligible

http://www.dailypress.com/sports/teel-blog/dp-teel-time-sims-uva-ineligible,0,6313780.story

1. Let's not talk about football players being ineligible.  Don't think you want to go there.

2.  Your QB last two years was below average and had legal issues.

Why are you hating on Sims so much?
NCCU SOL Alum

If your school ever had the nation's longest losing streak, you can't be considered a football power.

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2014, 08:30:44 PM »
1. we can. I have no issues.

2. Our QB had a DUI. He was ok.

Lol not hating on Sims. Just telling u what i see. And apparently coaches saw at Bama and UVA

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in.

=OW=

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News