News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: Is this the best yet example of distortions and lies on FoxNews?  (Read 2590 times)

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
  • What I discovered about my Ancestor was AMAZING!
    • View Profile
    • CLANDESTINE - The Book
Re: Is this the best yet example of distortions and lies on FoxNews?
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2013, 01:21:53 PM »
I don't consider the Hannity show a "news" program.... if YOU do....now I understand why your mental state is what it is. GO VIKINGS!!!

Like I asked before:

ON WHAT CHANNEL DO YOU WATCH THE HANNITY SHOW???

We all know why you did not answer that question.   :nod:

Then you double down on the title of the thread!!!!!   :shrug:

What does "ON" mean to you?

But if you want to quibble with your ridiculous BS, I will gladly point out to you that I purposely used FoxNews, NOT "Fox News."

Now I agree that I should have said, "FauxNews", but that would have probably gone right over your head.   ;D  You and y04 would have said I couldn't spell!
 :lmao:

O0

Offline Wildman78

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • http://N/A
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2013, 01:56:11 PM »
I don't consider the Hannity show a "news" program.... if YOU do....now I understand why your mental state is what it is. GO VIKINGS!!!

Like I asked before:

But if you want to quibble with your ridiculous BS, I will gladly point out to you that I purposely used FoxNews, NOT "Fox News."

Now I agree that I should have said, "FauxNews", but that would have probably gone right over your head.   ;D  You and y04 would have said I couldn't spell!

O0

Unfortunately, he's succeded in avoiding discussing the distortions and lies Hannity is purported to have presented on his "talk show that is shown on FoxNews."  ::)

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2013, 02:38:47 PM »
Looks like no one wants to talk about the real issue

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2013, 03:16:34 PM »

Yeah, and I guess we have always known what your mental state is.  ::)

:nod:

Uchighlander,

What was the point of you asking "how many predominately black or brown countries have risen to the stature of the US or even come close ?"

To what cultural differences are you referring when you say the different culture of the Brown people of Mexico allows for corruption.

What exactly do you mean when you say you could say the same thing about Detroit?

Offline uchighlander

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2013, 03:21:32 PM »

Like I asked before:

O0
No....you should have said Hannity on the FoxNews channel. GO VIKINGS!!!

Offline uchighlander

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2013, 03:25:56 PM »

Like I asked before:

O0

Unfortunately, he's succeded in avoiding discussing the distortions and lies Hannity is purported to have presented on his "talk show that is shown on FoxNews."  ::)
If the story is true....what's to discuss....however I have no way of knowing and you don't either. GO VIKINGS!!!

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • CLANDESTINE - The Book
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2013, 04:08:57 PM »
I see you still can't bring yourself to answer such a simple question:

ON WHAT CHANNEL DO YOU WATCH THE HANNITY SHOW?

Better yet, due to your dissembling here:
ON WHAT CHANNEL IS THE HANNITY SHOW SHOWN?

The FIRST WORDS of the FIRST LINE of the quoted article SAID IT WAS THE HANNITY SHOW!!!

I know you haven't started too many threads (What, 2?), but FYI you can't fit everything into a thread title that you MIGHT want to.

BUT YOU KNOW AND SO DOES EVERYONE ELSE THAT YOU ARE JUST MAKING EXCUSES AND GRASPING AT STRAWS TO:
1) DEFLECT FROM THE ACTUAL ISSUE
2) DEFLECT FROM YOUR LACK OF COMPREHENSION OF "ON"

If the story is true....what's to discuss....however I have no way of knowing and you don't either. GO VIKINGS!!!

Oh, NOW, uchi, we can't know whether ANYTHING IS TRUE, huh?

THAT IS SO WEAK AND COWARDLY.  Is this how you taught your kids to deal with discussions when they were growing up?

FACT:  You've made all kinds of assertions on O-dan of "so-called fact" based on things which were reported and about which you have no independent knowledge. 
BUT NOW, YOU WANT TO HIDE BEHIND THAT BS!!!

PUH-LEEEEEEEEEEEEEESE!!!

"what's to discuss..."? ?  REALLY!!!!

3 OUT OF 3 GUESTS MISLEAD THE ENTIRE COUNTRY ABOUT A HOT BUTTON ISSUE and WERE ENABLED BY FOX NEWS SHOW HOST HANNITY.  (You do agree that he IS a host on Fox News, right?)

TELL YOU WHAT, uchi:  YOU LET US ALL KNOW WHEN FOX ENTERTAINMENT or OPINION or NEWS or "WHATEVER" MAKES A COMPLAINT ABOUT THE ARTICLE I POSTED SAYING IT IS INACCURATE.

FUNNY, TOO, THAT THERE IS NO VIDEO ON THE FOXNEWS.COM SITE OF THAT SHOW - that I could find.  Perhaps, you or y04 can find it and post it.  Is that as close to a retraction as a "news" (or entertainment) organization can get?

HEY, uchi!  MAYBE THEY'LL BRING BACK YOUR BOY, BECK, TO DO ONE OF HIS 'SPECIALS' ON THE SUBJECT!!!  YOU PRESENTED AS FACT, FOX NEWS STATEMENT THAT HE WOULD BE DOING SPECIALS FOR THEM WHEN HE WAS CANNED.  YOU DISCUSSED THAT WITHOUT KNOWING IT WAS TRUE.  I TOLD YOU THEN IT WASN'T GONNA HAPPEN.  DID HE DO ANY?  I DON'T THINK SO.
Oh, excuse me, I failed to stay on the singular subject.

But then it's only fair, uchi, because you have yet to address the SINGULAR SUBJECT of this thread!!!
O0

Offline Wildman78

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2013, 04:12:30 PM »
The story is being repeated by other sources. Therefore, Stern is probably telling the truth. It's highly unlikely that Stern would go through all the trouble of fact checking Hannity's interview and then make stuff up.  All Fox would have to do is produce the people or provisions in the Affordable Health Care Act to refute Stern's claims.  This story was first published by Salon five days ago on October 23, 2013. You gotta think if Stern was lying Fox News would have come to Hannity's defense.  :shrug:

So I do have an idea that the story is true.

Here is Stern being interveiwed with Chris Hayes. Stern doesn't blame the folks Hannity interviewed, he blamed Hannity and his producers for not vetting what they were being told.

http://video.msnbc.msn.com/all-in-/53338786/#53338786

So, I guess we can discuss why does Fox News allow this type of piss poor journalism to be broadcast on it's network.

uchighlander, it's really not necessary for you to respond.  :(
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 06:19:13 PM by Wildman78 »

Offline uchighlander

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2013, 04:15:22 PM »

The FIRST WORDS of the FIRST LINE of the quoted article SAID IT WAS THE HANNITY SHOW!!!

I know you haven't started too many threads (What, 2?), but FYI you can't fit everything into a thread title that you MIGHT want to.

BUT YOU KNOW AND SO DOES EVERYONE ELSE THAT YOU ARE JUST MAKING EXCUSES AND GRASPING AT STRAWS TO:
1) DEFLECT FROM THE ACTUAL ISSUE
2) DEFLECT FROM YOUR LACK OF COMPREHENSION OF "ON"

Oh, NOW, uchi, we can't know whether ANYTHING IS TRUE, huh?

THAT IS SO WEAK AND COWARDLY.  Is this how you taught your kids to deal with discussions when they were growing up?

FACT:  You've made all kinds of assertions on O-dan of "so-called fact" based on things which were reported and about which you have no independent knowledge. 
BUT NOW, YOU WANT TO HIDE BEHIND THAT BS!!!

PUH-LEEEEEEEEEEEEEESE!!!

"what's to discuss..."? ?  REALLY!!!!

3 OUT OF 3 GUESTS MISLEAD THE ENTIRE COUNTRY ABOUT A HOT BUTTON ISSUE and WERE ENABLED BY FOX NEWS SHOW HOST HANNITY.  (You do agree that he IS a host on Fox News, right?)

TELL YOU WHAT, uchi:  YOU LET US ALL KNOW WHEN FOX ENTERTAINMENT or OPINION or NEWS or "WHATEVER" MAKES A COMPLAINT ABOUT THE ARTICLE I POSTED SAYING IT IS INACCURATE.

FUNNY, TOO, THAT THERE IS NO VIDEO ON THE FOXNEWS.COM SITE OF THAT SHOW - that I could find.  Perhaps, you or y04 can find it and post it.  Is that as close to a retraction as a "news" (or entertainment) organization can get?

HEY, uchi!  MAYBE THEY'LL BRING BACK YOUR BOY, BECK, TO DO ONE OF HIS 'SPECIALS' ON THE SUBJECT!!!  YOU PRESENTED AS FACT, FOX NEWS STATEMENT THAT HE WOULD BE DOING SPECIALS FOR THEM WHEN HE WAS CANNED.  YOU DISCUSSED THAT WITHOUT KNOWING IT WAS TRUE.  I TOLD YOU THEN IT WASN'T GONNA HAPPEN.  DID HE DO ANY?  I DON'T THINK SO.
Oh, excuse me, I failed to stay on the singular subject.

But then it's only fair, uchi, because you have yet to address the SINGULAR SUBJECT of this thread!!!
O0

I adressed the issue/ points in my previous post. Also you stated your heading exactly like you wanted too.....to debase Fox News. GO VIKINGS!!!

Offline Wildman78

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2013, 04:27:21 PM »
MedNews City reprinted the article too.

The takeaway:

It’s true that we don’t know for sure whether certain ills conservatives have warned about will occur once Obamacare is fully enacted. For example, will we truly have the same freedom to choose a physician that we have now? Will a surplus of insured patients require a scaling back (or ‘rationing,’ as some call it) of provided healthcare services? Will doctors be able to spend as much time with patients? These are all valid, unanswered questions. The problem is that people like Sean Hannity have decided to answer them now, without evidence. Or worse, with fake evidence.

I don’t doubt that these six individuals believe that Obamacare is a disaster; but none of them had even visited the insurance exchange. And some of them appear to have taken actions (Paul Cox, for example) based on a general pessimistic belief about Obamacare. He’s certainly entitled to do so, but Hannity is not entitled to point to Paul’s behavior as an ‘Obamacare train wreck story’ and maintain any credibility that he might have as a journalist

http://medcitynews.com/2013/10/salon-reporter-fact-checks-fox-news-hannity-whether-obamacare-destroying-america/

I never heard of MedCity News until today. Obviously, it must be some left leaning publication.

http://medcitynews.com/
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 04:58:53 PM by Wildman78 »

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • CLANDESTINE - The Book
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2013, 04:49:04 PM »

STILL CAN'T ANSWER, HUH?

I adressed the issue/ points in my previous post. Also you stated your heading exactly like you wanted too.....to debase Fox News. GO VIKINGS!!!

If revealing the TRUTH is debasing, I am all for it.   OR to be even more precise, TO TELL THE OTHER SIDE OF THE STORY!!!! 

But it seems to me that  FOXNews debases itself by not vetting its guests better.  Or, IF they do not do a follow up on a story to either rebut the debunking in the OP, OR they could just admit that their guests misled the public.

THAT's what a NEWS organization would do EVEN IF they considered a particular show to be commentary.  Wouldn't they be upset that their own selected guests had misled them, too?  IMO, they should/might IF IT WASN'T PART OF THEIR AGENDA in the first place.

But make NO MISTAKE, I DID write the title PRECISELY as I intended to.  It is accurate to the T.  Plus, as y04 might say, I only asked a question.

As to your claim ABOUT ADDRESSING THE ISSUE, here are ALL of your posts in this thread:

« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 03:30:27 PM »   Reply with quote
Bison.....thanks for setting me straight.....I never realized that the  Sean Hannity Show is the same as Fox News. Cleared all the confusion right up. GO VIKINGS!!!

« Reply #6 on: Today at 09:37:08 AM »   Reply with quote

Yup.....Dayum. Read the freaking title of the thread then get back to me. Do you consider Maddow/ Matthews and the rest of that group on MSNBC news reporters or just giving commentary / opinions ? GO VIKINGS!!!

Please tell us WHICH OF THOSE POSTS YOU CONSIDER TO REPRESENT:
"I adressed the issue/ points"

O0

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • CLANDESTINE - The Book
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2013, 04:50:40 PM »
Wildman,

I haven't checked in detail, but that seems to be an excerpt from the article in the OP.

O0

Offline Wildman78

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2013, 04:55:49 PM »
Wildman,

I haven't checked in detail, but that seems to be an excerpt from the article in the OP.

O0

You are correct.  I have edited.

Offline uchighlander

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2013, 06:35:10 PM »

STILL CAN'T ANSWER, HUH?

I addressed the issue/ points in my previous post. Also you stated your heading exactly like you wanted too.....to debase Fox News. GO VIKINGS!!!

If revealing the TRUTH is debasing, I am all for it.   OR to be even more precise, TO TELL THE OTHER SIDE OF THE STORY!!!! 

But it seems to me that  FOXNews debases itself by not vetting its guests better.  Or, IF they do not do a follow up on a story to either rebut the debunking in the OP, OR they could just admit that their guests misled the public.

THAT's what a NEWS organization would do EVEN IF they considered a particular show to be commentary.  Wouldn't they be upset that their own selected guests had misled them, too?  IMO, they should/might IF IT WASN'T PART OF THEIR AGENDA in the first place.

But make NO MISTAKE, I DID write the title PRECISELY as I intended to.  It is accurate to the T.  Plus, as y04 might say, I only asked a question.

As to your claim ABOUT ADDRESSING THE ISSUE, here are ALL of your posts in this thread:

Bison.....thanks for setting me straight.....I never realized that the Sean Annuity Show is the same as Fox News. Cleared all the confusion right up. GO VIKINGS!!!

I don't consider the Annuity show a "news" program.... if YOU do....now I understand why your mental state is what it is. GO VIKINGS!!!

Yup.....Dayum. Read the freaking title of the thread then get back to me. Do you consider Maddow/ Matthews and the rest of that group on MSNBC news reporters or just giving commentary / opinions ? GO VIKINGS!!!

No....you should have saidHannity on the FoxNews channel. GO VIKINGS!!!

"I addressed the issue/ points"

O0
Reply #20. GO VIKINGS!!!

Offline uchighlander

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2013, 06:37:31 PM »

STILL CAN'T ANSWER, HUH?

Bison.....thanks for setting me straight.....I never realized that the  Sean Hannity Show is the same as Fox News. Cleared all the confusion right up. GO VIKINGS!!!

"I adressed the issue/ points"

O0
By the way why should I answer a STUPID question you already know the answer too? Are you STUPID? GO VIKINGS!!!

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule