News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: Blair Underwood - Ironside  (Read 780 times)

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Blair Underwood - Ironside
« on: October 08, 2013, 11:00:44 AM »
???................uhhh, Cholly, M&G, B4L, Ms. j and other television afficionados.

I have waited almost a week and NO ONE ON THIS BOARD has said a damn thing about my boy Blair Underwood in the remake of the 60's tv show of the same name starring Raymond Burr (Perry Mason).

The pilot episode was on 10/2 and, despite what the critics have been saying, I thought it was pretty good.  Ole Blair is LITERALLY kicking a-- in that wheelchair.  :lol:  Ms. j, I am ESPECIALLY puzzled by YOUR silence as I thought you would be all over this board talking about how "fine" Blair is and all.  But apparently your "fantasy" does not extend to a brutha in a wheelchair.  :(

Shame on you, dear lady.  >:(

You guys go on and on about Scandal - hell, I think there are at LEAST three threads on this page dedicated to that show ALONE  ::) - but y'all can't seem to say anything good about Blair's new series.  :(

Y'all check homeboy out.  It runs Wednesdays at 10E/9C on NBC.

;D

Offline 90Aggie

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: Blair Underwood - Ironside
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 11:03:20 AM »
There's something about Blair Underwood that I just don't like.   Never have.   :no:

Offline Bison 4 Life

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 11:18:09 AM »
Don't get too attached to the show.I saw it weeks ago on Hulu+.

It was too formularic for this brotha.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 07:01:37 PM by Bison 4 Life »

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 11:30:58 AM »
I saw it and liked it.
It's a typical network drama.

You have to watch cable to get the really good stuff.

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2013, 12:11:48 PM »
Don't get too attached to the show.I show it weeks ago on Hulu+.

It was too formularic for this brotha.
:lol:...........boss, I stopped getting "attached" to television shows a long time ago.  There is so much competition for viewers this days that a show damn near has to have the social media "presence" of, say, Scandal, to even get a shot.

There was a cop show dealing with the city of Detroit that was on a couple of years ago.  Forgotten the name of the show, but Mrs. Strike and I thought it was EXCELLENT.  We would actually look forward to next week's episode.  But after about 6-7 episodes.......POOF!  Just like that it was gone.  :(

I don't know, in many ways I pine for the good ole days like when I was in school in the mid-70's, and would run to the dorm after classes so I could watch the latest episode of Batman.  And I'm not talking about the very "dark" series of movies of the same title produced in recent years.  I'm talking about the old campy and corny tv series starring Adam West as Batman.

I realize I'm dating myself, but I don't care anymore.

Man, life just seemed so much simpler then.  :(

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2013, 12:33:44 PM »
I saw last week's episode.  I thought it was good.  I think the show has a lot of potential.  It will not be like the original.  This show can go places where the original never could.
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2013, 01:26:02 PM »
^^^^
And where is that?

Offline Cholly

• Assistant GM
  • ^Oldshits, DUMBASSwh?y & mrwh?yershits Prez & Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2013, 02:02:52 PM »
???................uhhh, Cholly, M&G, B4L, Ms. j and other television afficionados.

I have waited almost a week and NO ONE ON THIS BOARD has said a damn thing about my boy Blair Underwood in the remake of the 60's tv show of the same name starring Raymond Burr (Perry Mason).

The pilot episode was on 10/2 and, despite what the critics have been saying, I thought it was pretty good.  Ole Blair is LITERALLY kicking a-- in that wheelchair.  :lol:  Ms. j, I am ESPECIALLY puzzled by YOUR silence as I thought you would be all over this board talking about how "fine" Blair is and all.  But apparently your "fantasy" does not extend to a brutha in a wheelchair.  :(

Shame on you, dear lady.  >:(

You guys go on and on about Scandal - hell, I think there are at LEAST three threads on this page dedicated to that show ALONE  ::) - but y'all can't seem to say anything good about Blair's new series.  :(

Y'all check homeboy out.  It runs Wednesdays at 10E/9C on NBC.

;D

Strike, I know you are a busy man with your practice so I'll just provide you the link to show that yo boy HAS in fact, made many-ah comment on Blair and Ironside:

^^^I forgot Ray Donovan... which as JT said, is an EXCELLENT show!  :clap: :bow: :clap:

Saw Ironsides with Blair Underwood the other night.

It has potential... mainly because of Underwood's acting... but it ain't gonna make it. It's too "Hollywood", whereas the OTHER shows on the list AREN'T.  :nono2:

That's the reason I stopped watching Sleep Hollow after episode 2.. and why Marvel's Agents of Shield is on Life Support... ESPECIALLY since IT doesn't have any black people either.  ::)

Several other posts in that thread ya know...  ;)

^^^SPEAKS FOR ITSELF!!!

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2013, 03:55:20 PM »
...........well, thanks for the "correction," Big Cholly.  But its no wonder I hadn't noticed your previous comments about Blair Underwood in Ironside.......it was freaking EMBEDDED in a post about OTHER things!?!?!?!

Do you REALLY think that's giving Brutha Blair the props that he deserves.  ::)

;D

Offline Cholly

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2013, 05:22:55 PM »
HA!

^^^SPEAKS FOR ITSELF!!!

Offline Cholly

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2013, 05:25:22 PM »
BTW, I think Blair is doing a GREAT job with that role. I don't think his supporting cast OR the writing is as good though.  :no:

And yeah... I agree with B4L; the show WILL be cancelled. I give it 6 episodes tops...  :tiptoe:

^^^SPEAKS FOR ITSELF!!!

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2013, 08:08:12 PM »
Hater!.....  ::)

;D

Offline Cholly

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2013, 11:54:23 PM »
Are you kidding?!?!

Do you know how many NEW shows premiered or will premier this fall with black leads?

6 out of 57!!! And ONE of them (Lucky 7) has already been canned.

When this show is cancelled, that number will be sliced even more.  :no:

I like Blair's performance in the first episode, but this  show is NOT going to make it....

^^^SPEAKS FOR ITSELF!!!

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2013, 01:30:47 PM »
People in Hollywood must have a deep dislike of  Steven Spielberg
He was exec producer of Lucky 7.  Two shows and ZAP.  I actually liked it.

Offline Cholly

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2013, 02:08:08 PM »
Yeah.... think of the IRONY of that.  :shrug:

BTW, I never saw the program... didn't even know about it.  :no:

^^^SPEAKS FOR ITSELF!!!

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW=