News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: Syria backs Russian proposal for regime to hand over chemical weapons  (Read 1863 times)

Offline Cholly

• Assistant GM
  • ^Olds**ts, DUMBASSwh?y & mrwh?yers**ts Prez & Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Syria backs Russian proposal for regime to hand over chemical weapons
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2013, 02:17:34 PM »
Ay Cholly. You know the bouncing Arse Clown you have on your avatar was talking mess talking about the Pres "shuckin' and jiving" right??

Porky Pig needs to go somewhere and sit down.... :lol:

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/09/rush-limbaugh-obama-syria-96494.html?hp=l1

^^^^THIS... is a HUGE part of why the President faces such an up-hill battle.

The end of the Fairness Doctrine meant the BEGINNING of right-wing radio and the constant barrage of distortions, misleading information, and all out LIES 24/7/365.

Something else we can curse Ronnie the ray-gun for.  >:(

^^^SPEAKS FOR ITSELF!!!

Offline EB

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2013, 04:00:20 PM »
Obama: Securing Syria's Chemical Weapons Could Avert a Strike <http://gove-media.com/portal/wts/cgmcfObckd6bbjouicgBe7iczU3c49a> // Brian Resnick and Marina Koren

Russia offers to broker a deal to put Syria's chemical weapons 'under international control.' By Marina Koren and Brian Resnick

FOLLOWING IS MY ASSESSMENT OF THE LAST 24 HRS:

RUSSIA BLINKED.  THEY ARE THE SOLE PROVIDER OF CHEMICAL MUNITIONS TO SYRIA AND THEY FULLY REALIZE THAT THEIR SURROGATE SYRIA WAS ABOUT TO LOSE THEIR ENTIRE AIR DEFENSE NETWORK TO U.S. CRUISE MISSILE STRIKES TO BE FOLLOWED BY ISRAELI AIR STRIKES ON HEZBALLAH IN SYRIA.  SYRIA's ASSAD WOULD HAVE FOUGHT TO THE DEATH, AS HE HAS NO OTHER OPTIONS IOT REMAIN IN POWER.  RUSSIA'S MOVE ALLOWS SYRIA's ASSAD TO REMAIN IN POWER (FOR NOW), TO SAVE FACE IN THE RADICAL ARAB WORLD AND TO ALLOW RUSSIA TO BE SEEN AS A PLAYER ON THE WORLD STAGE.  THIS IS SOMETHING THEY HAVE CLUNG TO SINCE THE END OF THE COLD WAR.  THE FACT REMINS THAT THE USE OF CHEMICAL WEAPONS BY WHOEVER, REMAINS A REDLINE THAT THE US HAS AND MUST MAINTAIN.  NO ONE WANTS WAR BUT APPEASMENT IN CONTRARY TO THE BASIC RECOGNIZED NORMS OF WAR BY WESTERN CIVILIZATION IN THE 21ST CENTURY, REMAINS INTACT.  THIS HAS BEEN A CONSTANT SINCE 1938.  STUDENTS OF HISTORY, JUST ASK THE FOLLOWERS OF LORD CHAMBERLAIN.

COL, I KNOW your assessment is correct! I KNOW you are right.

I also think when the president met with putin at the G-20, that he told him "Don't believe the hype. I WILL bomb assad back into the stone ages and YOU KNOW IT.

Now... there are a BUNCH of "freedom fighters"  from Dagestan in Syria learning how to fight for their independence. Do you SERIOUSLY want them getting their hands on Syria's Chemical Weapon stocks after I blow assad's command and control to smithereens?!? You KNOW they will use them in Russia right? I can't tell you how to run yo business... but you KNOW I don't play."

^^^THAT is the message that convinced putin to "move something" out of fear of self-preservation.  :nod:

I am glad that you mentioned the "freedom fighters" Cholly.  Understand.  Some Russian areas that have large Muslim populations want their independence.  With the problems in Chechnya, Putin does not want any more hassles.  He does not want any chemical weapons used, and a possible wider war could allow the weapons to get into certain hands.  China and Iran as well as Russia the the United States will take this deal over a war.

I am not a military historian or expert, but one should remember this.  The U.S. Civil War and World War I were supposed to be "short" wars.  Rich people actually went out in both wars to see what became the early battles.  As we know those wars were not so "short" after all.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 04:02:09 PM by EB »

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2013, 05:00:04 PM »
I would not play poker with him. I'd come away broke...

YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA HOW CORRECT, LITERAL AND ACCURATE YOUR STATEMENT TRULY IS.  SOMEONE ELSE USED THE ANALOGY "HE PLAYS CHESS WHILE OTHER THINK THEY ARE PLAYING CHECKERS".   BOTH STATEMENTS ARE SO VERY TRUE AND ACCURATE.   :nod: :bow: :nod:
BOWIE STATE UNIVERSITY -- 3X CIAA FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS - 2021, 2019 AND 2018 - "A DYNASTY IN THE MAKING"

Offline EB

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2013, 10:50:17 PM »
There is a very lively conversation on Al Jazeera America.

Offline Neymar

• Assistant GM
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2013, 12:07:50 AM »

Putin cant hold the jock strap of Lenin, but he is right in this case.

If Russia ever got it together they might make an habitable land.

To Kill a Mockingbird

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2013, 09:53:38 AM »
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline Bison 4 Life

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2013, 11:02:57 AM »
I rather stumble into peace then march to war.

I love how the chickenhawks get all moist thinking about Putin and the Soviet Union.

Offline Neymar

• Assistant GM
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2013, 11:15:14 AM »

I love how the chickenhawks get all moist thinking about Putin and the Soviet Union.

I'm a pacifist and far.....far left leaning individual.

To Kill a Mockingbird

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2013, 07:30:53 PM »

I GET IT, YOU'RE A COMMUNIST PACIFIST ::)  NOW PLEASE EXPLAIN THE SIGNIFICANCE AND MEANING OF YOUR AVATAR?
BOWIE STATE UNIVERSITY -- 3X CIAA FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS - 2021, 2019 AND 2018 - "A DYNASTY IN THE MAKING"

Offline Neymar

• Assistant GM
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2013, 04:18:52 PM »

I GET IT, YOU'RE A COMMUNIST PACIFIST ::)  NOW PLEASE EXPLAIN THE SIGNIFICANCE AND MEANING OF YOUR AVATAR?

Kyo Kusanagi, Main character from the King Of Fighters video game series, in his card game photo wielding his trademark flame attack.

800 battle points
+1 special points.

I am not a communist although I lean towards Mao and Lenin in terms of revolutionary thought.

To Kill a Mockingbird

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule