News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: Delbert Belton  (Read 3503 times)

Offline uchighlander

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Delbert Belton
« on: August 26, 2013, 10:58:51 AM »
Why isn't anyone talking about Mr. Belton? Mr.Belton was an 88 year old WWII veteran who was beaten to death with flashlights in a parking lot by two black youths. Crickets on this board.....crickets from the liberal media.....crickets from the usually quick to jump on something for political gain Obama. Crickets from Al....and Jesse.....and the NAACP. How come Obama isn't standing in front of a national television audience saying " that could have been my father-in-law? Shamefull......just freaking shamefull. GO VIKINGS!!!

Offline CU1994

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • www.cheyney.edu
Re: Delbert Belton
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, 11:13:31 AM »
weren't the suspects arrested and in jail.  :shrug:

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2013, 11:36:11 AM »
weren't the suspects arrested and in jail.  :shrug:

YOU TOOK THE WORDS FROM MY MOUTH.
I'm an Army Civilian and former Soldier on the Army Team. I'm dedicated to my Army, Soldiers and Civilians. I will always support the mission. I provide stability and continuity during war and peace. I'll support and defend the Constitution and consider it an honor to serve our nation and my Army.

Offline Ken

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 11:37:05 AM »
I GUESS IF HE HAD BEEN KILLED BY TWO WHITE YOUTHS THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN FINE WITH YOU --RIGHT??? YOU WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN SO OUTRAGED.  BLACK ON WHITE CRIME IS VERY RARE.

Offline Ken

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2013, 11:37:50 AM »
hOW LONG DID THEY TAKE TO ARREST ZIMMERMAN?????

Offline CU1994

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • www.cheyney.edu
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2013, 11:38:53 AM »
Not only that, it was widely reported on all the networks including MSNBC. I'm sure the perps will be found guilty thrown in jail and won't be touring gun manufacturers a month and a half after their trials.

Offline uchighlander

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2013, 12:10:12 PM »
I GUESS IF HE HAD BEEN KILLED BY TWO WHITE YOUTHS THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN FINE WITH YOU --RIGHT??? YOU WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN SO OUTRAGED.  BLACK ON WHITE CRIME IS VERY RARE.
Who said I was outraged? What I am is very disappointed in the response from our so called national leaders. It is obvious that the black leaders in this country including the president don't get it. It seems the only time they speak up is when it is only for their political or financial gain....that's what outrages me. If two white youth had killed an 88 year old black WWII veteran the sh*t would have hit the fan and you know it. Being aired one time on BSNBC is hardly a response by the liberal media. Just looking at the responses on this board tells me you guys don't get it either or you aren't being honest with yourselves. GO VIKINGS!!!

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2013, 12:45:30 PM »
JUST SAW ON MSNBC THAT A SECOND YOUTH HAD BEEN ARRESTED.  I BELIEVE THAT IF THEY ARE FOUND GULITY THEY SHOULD RECEIVE THE DEATH PENALTY.  IT WAS ANOTHER SENSELESS ACT OF VIOLENCE THAT SHOULD BE DEALT WITH IN THE HARSHEST TERMS ALLOWABLE UNDER LAW.
I'm an Army Civilian and former Soldier on the Army Team. I'm dedicated to my Army, Soldiers and Civilians. I will always support the mission. I provide stability and continuity during war and peace. I'll support and defend the Constitution and consider it an honor to serve our nation and my Army.

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
  • Adinkra Symbol for "Unbreakable" "Resilient"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2013, 12:46:29 PM »
First of all, there are a lot of outrageous and horrific crimes, this being one of them, being committed on a daily basis and the President or Atty General SHOULD NOT be commenting on them.

Second of all you are OBVIOUSLY drawing a parallel to the Trayvon case.

As was pointed out, in THAT case the perp was not even charged.  The Pres did not comment until weeks/months later after the case had been given national attention.

Third, Black folks didn't start this isht.  Our ancestors were minding their business when whites came into our homeland and started trouble.  After some of our ancestors were brought here to the US, there followed hundreds of years of severe mistreatment - up to and including torture and murder AT THE HANDS OF WHITES WHILE THE LAW LOOKED THE OTHER WAY.

So, pardon us, if we take offense when we see that isht happening again.
You would, too, if you were in the situation.  And don't pretend otherwise.
O0
Long Live Killmonger!

Offline EB

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2013, 12:47:35 PM »

:nod:

Offline CU1994

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • www.cheyney.edu
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2013, 12:48:05 PM »
Who said I was outraged? What I am is very disappointed in the response from our so called national leaders. It is obvious that the black leaders in this country including the president don't get it. It seems the only time they speak up is when it is only for their political or financial gain....that's what outrages me. If two white youth had killed an 88 year old black WWII veteran the sh*t would have hit the fan and you know it. Being aired one time on BSNBC is hardly a response by the liberal media. Just looking at the responses on this board tells me you guys don't get it either or you aren't being honest with yourselves. GO VIKINGS!!!

I'm going to disagree. If two black kids killed an 88 year old white WWII Vet and were not arrested, you would have a point. The reality of the situation is that they were arrested, will be charged, and will most likely spend a loooooooooong time in prison just like they should.  People were outraged as well, so you really don't have a point.

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
  • Adinkra Symbol for "Unbreakable" "Resilient"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2013, 01:33:24 PM »
uchi,

Since you are asking a rhetorical question in an attempt to make a point:

How come you have not commented on all the Black men who have been exonerated after being wrongly convicted?   :shrug:

O0
Long Live Killmonger!

Offline Bison 4 Life

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2013, 03:47:40 PM »
Why is the right trying so hard to find a white Trayvon Martin? :shrug:

The recent crimes by the young scumbags have been widely denounced by law abiding folks of all colors. They will be dealt with by the law to the fullest extent.

Offline Meciber 202

• Assistant GM
  • We're Baaacck! MEAC Baby! 2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2013, 04:32:07 PM »
Why isn't anyone talking about Mr. Belton? Mr.Belton was an 88 year old WWII veteran who was beaten to death with flashlights in a parking lot by two black youths. Crickets on this board.....crickets from the liberal media.....crickets from the usually quick to jump on something for political gain Obama. Crickets from Al....and Jesse.....and the NAACP. How come Obama isn't standing in front of a national television audience saying " that could have been my father-in-law? Shamefull......just freaking shamefull. GO VIKINGS!!!

I also want to ask uchi some questions about his original post above  ::)  but I suspect that he'll be avoiding this thread (his own) pretty soon ... if not already  :popcorn: .... GO FIGURE !!

2006 HBCU National Champions - NC Central University

Don't forget secret GOP strategy meetings sponsored by Koch bros: attendees included Congressmen, Governors, CEOs, National Chamber of Congress, and two Supreme Court Judges; all united to put GOP back in power. Could SC Judges be bought? smh

Online ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2013, 04:42:42 PM »

I see OS failed you again huh.....that's his job to be our reporter of such atrocities....ditto for FauxNewsCorp.....

and it's shameful....not shamefull....

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News