News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: 3 Star NYC Police Chief Stopped by Undercover Cops - Was he Profiled?  (Read 17593 times)

Offline 81alphaeagle

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
Re: 3 Star NYC Police Chief Stopped by Undercover Cops - Was he Profiled?
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2013, 04:12:18 PM »
Hey os/ds if this  easier for you to understand

I have learned from CIAA and this will be my response to any and all os/ds post.

Offline uchighlander

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2013, 05:45:26 PM »
THIS MAN WAS ABSOLUTELY STOPPED DUE TO PROFILING.  WHEN A HIGH-RANKING NYC POLICE OFFICIAL IS STOPPED AND HIS CREDENTIALS ARE QUESTIONED?  ONE WOULD HAVE TO BE A COMPLETE AND TOTAL IDIOT NOT TO RECOGNIZE THIS.  THIS HAS HAPPENED TO ME ON MORE THAN ONE OCCASION AFTER BEING STOPPED BY POLICE AND HAVING MY MILITARY CREDENTIALS CHALLENGED.  ADMITEDLY, IN ONE CASE I PROBABLY PRECIPITATED THE INCIDENT.  A FEW YEARS AGO, WHEN STOPPED ON I-40 IN THE GREAT STATE OF GEORGIA I RESPONDED TO THE STANDARD QUESTION "SIR, DO YOU KNOW WHY I STOPPED YOU?"  AFTER STARING AT HIM AN ENTIRE MINUTE IN SILENCE AND THE OFFICER REPEATING THE QUESTION ONLY LOUDER; I SAID,  "LET ME GUESS,  DWB?"   THE OFFICER THEN ASKED ME TO GET OUT OF THE CAR AND HANCUFFED ME AND ASKED WHAT I MEANT.  I COMPLIED AND MADE SURE  I WAS SURE I WAS IN THE VIEW OF HIS DASHBOARD CAMERA, I STATED "DRIVING WHILE BLACK".   I WAS DETAINED FOR ABOUT 45 MINUTES AND RELEASED WITH NO ANSWER EVER GIVEN AS TO WHY I WAS ORIGINALLY STOPPED.  YES, I KNOW PROFILING WHEN I SEE IT.
How could he have been stopped due to profiling when he was already parked.....next to a fire hydrant. Now....in most places I've been to it is illegal to park by or block a hydrant. THAT may be the reason for the initial contact.....the rest of the story....I'll believe the chief. GO VIKINGS!!!

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2013, 06:20:44 PM »
THIS MAN WAS ABSOLUTELY STOPPED DUE TO PROFILING.  WHEN A HIGH-RANKING NYC POLICE OFFICIAL IS STOPPED AND HIS CREDENTIALS ARE QUESTIONED?  ONE WOULD HAVE TO BE A COMPLETE AND TOTAL IDIOT NOT TO RECOGNIZE THIS.  THIS HAS HAPPENED TO ME ON MORE THAN ONE OCCASION AFTER BEING STOPPED BY POLICE AND HAVING MY MILITARY CREDENTIALS CHALLENGED.  ADMITEDLY, IN ONE CASE I PROBABLY PRECIPITATED THE INCIDENT.  A FEW YEARS AGO, WHEN STOPPED ON I-40 IN THE GREAT STATE OF GEORGIA I RESPONDED TO THE STANDARD QUESTION "SIR, DO YOU KNOW WHY I STOPPED YOU?"  AFTER STARING AT HIM AN ENTIRE MINUTE IN SILENCE AND THE OFFICER REPEATING THE QUESTION ONLY LOUDER; I SAID,  "LET ME GUESS,  DWB?"   THE OFFICER THEN ASKED ME TO GET OUT OF THE CAR AND HANCUFFED ME AND ASKED WHAT I MEANT.  I COMPLIED AND MADE SURE  I WAS SURE I WAS IN THE VIEW OF HIS DASHBOARD CAMERA, I STATED "DRIVING WHILE BLACK".   I WAS DETAINED FOR ABOUT 45 MINUTES AND RELEASED WITH NO ANSWER EVER GIVEN AS TO WHY I WAS ORIGINALLY STOPPED.  YES, I KNOW PROFILING WHEN I SEE IT.
How could he have been stopped due to profiling when he was already parked.....next to a fire hydrant. Now....in most places I've been to it is illegal to park by or block a hydrant. THAT may be the reason for the initial contact.....the rest of the story....I'll believe the chief. GO VIKINGS!!!

MY FRIEND, YOU RAISE VERY LEGITIMATE ISSUES IN REBUTTAL TO MY COMMENTSTECHNICALLY, YOU ARE CORRECT.  NOW HAVING SAID THAT,  IF IT WERE AT ALL PHYSICALLY POSSIBLE FOR YOU TO SPEND A DAY IN MY SKIN AND SHOES AND I IN YOURS, I GUARANTEE YOU WOULD HAVE A TOTALLY DIFFERENT PRESPECTIVE THAT WAS NOT AS FORGIVING AND WITH A SUCH A LACK OF SUSPICION OF MALICE TOWARDS THE INTENTIONS OF THE POLICE.  THE INCIDENT ABOVE WAS BUT ONE, A SOLE INCIDENT IN MY LIFE'S EXPERIENCE.   IF  I WERE TO DETAIL EVERY INSTANCE THAT I HAVE BEEN KNOWINGLY PROFILED BY POLICE OR THOSE IN POSITIONS OF AUTHORITY IN MY LIFE IT WOULD TAKE CONSIDERABLY MUCH MORE TIME AND ENERGY THAN I CARE TO EXPEND, HERE.  ONE SUCH INCIDENT THAT I WILL SHARE IS A TALE OF WHEN MY FRIENDS AND I USED TO PULL IN OUR STUPID-ASS YOUTHFUL DAYS, WAS TO BAIT BALTIMORE COPS.  I WAS AROUND 17 OR 18 THEN.  NOW MIND YOU THIS WAS IN THE MID TO LATE 1960s AND I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND KIDS OF TODAY TO TRY THIS STUPID-ASS CRAP.   A BUNCH OF FRIENDS AND I WHILE IN MY CAR OR THEIR CARS WHEN A COP WOULD PULL UP TO US AT A TRAFFIC LIGHT WE WOULD MAKE A BUNCH OF LOUD NOISE, TURN UP THE RADIO AND THEN BET HOW LONG IT WOULD TAKE BEFORE THE COP WOULD FOLLOW US, PULL US OVER AND THEN RUN MY LICENSE.  WE THOUGHT IT THEN FUNNY TO MAKE THE COPS HAVE TO DO THE EXTRA WORK BECAUSE WE KNEW WE HAD DONE NOTHING WRONG OR HAD NO OUTSTANDING TICKETS, OR DRUGS OR LIQUOR.  TODAY, THIS KIND OF ACTIVITY WOULD HAVE A GOOD CHANCE TO ESCALATE TO SOMETHING MUCH MORE MALICIOUS THAN SOME COPS HAVING TO DO EXTRA WORK OR PUT THEIR DOUGH NUTS AND COFFEE, DOWN.  BACK THEN THE WORLD WAS A LITTLE LESS STRESSFUL AND INTENSE.  TODAY PEOPLE HAVE LOST THEIR LIVES FOR MUCH LESS.  ...BUT YOU PROBABLY WOULDN'T KNOW TOO MUCH ABOUT THAT WOULD YOU?  I DO NOT EVEN KNOW YOU PERSONALLY BUT I WOULD BE WILLING TO MAKE A BET THAT YOUR LIFE'S EXPERIENCES WITH THE POLICE AND WITH PEOPLE IN POSITIONS OF AUTHORITY ARE MUCH DIFFERENT FROM MINE AND THAT OF MOST BLACK MEN OF MY AGE. 
BOWIE STATE UNIVERSITY -- 3X CIAA FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS - 2021, 2019 AND 2018 - "A DYNASTY IN THE MAKING"

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2013, 08:47:06 PM »

You are a damn liar.  I-40 does not go through Georgia.  There is nothing great about that one horse state.
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2013, 09:28:35 PM »
THIS MAN WAS ABSOLUTELY STOPPED DUE TO PROFILING.  WHEN A HIGH-RANKING NYC POLICE OFFICIAL IS STOPPED AND HIS CREDENTIALS ARE QUESTIONED?  ONE WOULD HAVE TO BE A COMPLETE AND TOTAL IDIOT NOT TO RECOGNIZE THIS.  THIS HAS HAPPENED TO ME ON MORE THAN ONE OCCASION AFTER BEING STOPPED BY POLICE AND HAVING MY MILITARY CREDENTIALS CHALLENGED.  ADMITEDLY, IN ONE CASE I PROBABLY PRECIPITATED THE INCIDENT.  A FEW YEARS AGO, WHEN STOPPED ON I-40 IN THE GREAT STATE OF GEORGIA I RESPONDED TO THE STANDARD QUESTION "SIR, DO YOU KNOW WHY I STOPPED YOU?"  AFTER STARING AT HIM AN ENTIRE MINUTE IN SILENCE AND THE OFFICER REPEATING THE QUESTION ONLY LOUDER; I SAID,  "LET ME GUESS,  DWB?"   THE OFFICER THEN ASKED ME TO GET OUT OF THE CAR AND HANCUFFED ME AND ASKED WHAT I MEANT.  I COMPLIED AND MADE SURE  I WAS SURE I WAS IN THE VIEW OF HIS DASHBOARD CAMERA, I STATED "DRIVING WHILE BLACK".   I WAS DETAINED FOR ABOUT 45 MINUTES AND RELEASED WITH NO ANSWER EVER GIVEN AS TO WHY I WAS ORIGINALLY STOPPED.  YES, I KNOW PROFILING WHEN I SEE IT.

You are a damn liar.  I-40 does not go through Georgia.  There is nothing great about that one horse state.

SUGGEST YOU LOOK AT A MAP, KNUCKEHEAD.  I WAS STATIONED AT FT. BENNING, GA FOR THE INFANTRY OFFICER'S BASIC COURSE AND AIRBORNE SCHOOL IN 1973 AND BACK THEN I-40 WENT THROUGH GEORGIA.   I WILL LET GEORGIA RESIDENTS DEFEND THE HONOR OF THEIR STATE.  I WAS ALWAYS JUST PASSING THROUGH.  YOU ARE BEGINNING TO BE AS IRRATIONAL AS YOUR SYNCHOPANT, THE "A--HOLE".  :nono2: SUGGEST YOU DO A LITTLE RESEARCH BEFORE YOU OPEN YOUR ph--kING MOUTH.   BTW, HAVE YOU NOW LEARNED WHAT A PERIODICAL IS?   :lmao:   :lol:
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 09:38:59 PM by CIAA-FAN »
BOWIE STATE UNIVERSITY -- 3X CIAA FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS - 2021, 2019 AND 2018 - "A DYNASTY IN THE MAKING"

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2013, 09:48:30 PM »

You are a damn liar.  I-40 does not go through Georgia.  There is nothing great about that one horse state.

SUGGEST YOU LOOK AT A MAP, KNUCKEHEAD.  I WAS STATIONED AT FT. BENNING, GA FOR THE INFANTRY OFFICER'S BASIC COURSE AND AIRBORNE SCHOOL IN 1973 AND BACK THEN I-40 WENT THROUGH GEORGIA.   I WILL LET GEORGIA RESIDENTS DEFEND THE HONOR OF THEIR STATE.  I WAS ALWAYS JUST PASSING THROUGH.  YOU ARE BEGINNING TO BE AS IRRATIONAL AS YOUR SYNCHOPANT, THE "A--HOLE".  :nono2:

Stupid, I-40 NEVER went through Georgia.  You should have learned how to read a map and tell the truth while your couldn't score high enough to get into the Air Force dumb ass was at Ft. Benning.  With stupid and lying soldiers like you it's amazing that we ever won a war. 

Are you telling the truth when you said you was passing through Georgia a few years ago or are you telling the truth that it happened in 1973? 

Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2013, 08:08:11 AM »

SUGGEST YOU LOOK AT A MAP, KNUCKEHEAD.  I WAS STATIONED AT FT. BENNING, GA FOR THE INFANTRY OFFICER'S BASIC COURSE AND AIRBORNE SCHOOL IN 1973 AND BACK THEN I-40 WENT THROUGH GEORGIA.   I WILL LET GEORGIA RESIDENTS DEFEND THE HONOR OF THEIR STATE.  I WAS ALWAYS JUST PASSING THROUGH.  YOU ARE BEGINNING TO BE AS IRRATIONAL AS YOUR SYNCHOPANT, THE "A--HOLE".  :nono2:

Stupid, I-40 NEVER went through Georgia.  You should have learned how to read a map and tell the truth while your couldn't score high enough to get into the Air Force dumb a**  was at Ft. Benning.  With stupid and lying soldiers like you it's amazing that we ever won a war. 

Are you telling the truth when you said you was passing through Georgia a few years ago or are you telling the truth that it happened in 1973? 

YOU KNOW I ONLY ENTERTAINED YOU FOR TWO POSTS FOR FUN. DON'T THINK FOR  A MOMENT THAT I EVER LOST SITE OF WHAT YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU LIKE TO DO.  THIS EVENT HAPPENED ALMOST 40 YEARS AGO AND IF MY MEMORY AS THE NAME OF THE INTERSTATE IS INCORRECT THEN WHO REALLY GIVES A ph--k?  THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE INTENT OF THIS POST WHICH HAPPENS TO BE PROFILING.  WHY DON'T YOU ADDRESS THE ISSUE OF THIS POST?  YOU DON'T HAVE TO ANSWER BECAUSE LIKE ANY COMPETENT LAWYER, I NEVER ASK A QUESTION (ESPECIALLY OF YOU) UNLESS I ALREADY KNOW THE ANSWER.  YOU INSTEAD LIKE AN INCOMPETENT LAWYER ATTEMPT TO DEFLECT AND NOT ADDRESS THE ISSUE.   SO I CONCEDE THAT MY REFERENCE TO I-40 MAY HAVE BEEN WHEN I WAS AT FT.BRAGG INSTEAD OF FT. BENNING?  CARE TO ADDRESS THE REAL INTENT OF THIS POST, PROFILING?

Offline Wildman78

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • http://N/A
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2013, 08:16:52 AM »
HEY K----s, PROFILING IS NOT AGAINST ANY LAW THAT I KNOW.

Maybe you don't know many laws?  :shrug:

Racial Profiling by Police is a Punishable Crime in New Jersey
In 1998, New Jersey state troopers fired into a van on the New Jersey Turnpike injuring three unarmed minority men who had been targeted based on racial profiling. The case drew considerable publicity and criticism about racial profiling and served as a catalyst for change.

n March of 2003, then Gov. James E. McGreevey signed into law a bill that made racial profiling by police a crime.

In New Jersey:

It is against the law for police to use racial profiling as a primary factor when deciding who to “stop and frisk.”
Racial profiling is a punishable crime that carries a sentence of up to five years in prison if convicted and a fine of $15,000.

http://www.policebrutalitylawyer.com/new-jersey-laws/racial-profiling-laws-and-oversight-in-new-jersey.html

United States v. Brignoni-Ponce, 422 U.S. 873 (1975)

The Fourth Amendment held not to allow a roving patrol of the Border Patrol to stop a vehicle near the Mexican border and question its occupants about their citizenship and immigration status, when the only ground for suspicion is that the occupants appear to be of Mexican ancestry. Except at the border and its functional equivalents, patrolling officers may stop vehicles only if they are aware of specific articulable facts, together with rational inferences therefrom, reasonably warranting suspicion that the vehicles contain aliens who may be illegally in the country.

http://supreme.justia.com/cases/federal/us/422/873/case.html
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 08:37:12 AM by Wildman78 »

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
  • What I discovered about my Ancestor was AMAZING!
    • View Profile
    • CLANDESTINE - The Book
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2013, 11:59:49 PM »

Maybe you don't know many laws?  :shrug:

Racial Profiling by Police is a Punishable Crime in New Jersey
In 1998, New Jersey state troopers fired into a van on the New Jersey Turnpike injuring three unarmed minority men who had been targeted based on racial profiling. The case drew considerable publicity and criticism about racial profiling and served as a catalyst for change.

n March of 2003, then Gov. James E. McGreevey signed into law a bill that made racial profiling by police a crime.

In New Jersey:

It is against the law for police to use racial profiling as a primary factor when deciding who to “stop and frisk.”
Racial profiling is a punishable crime that carries a sentence of up to five years in prison if convicted and a fine of $15,000.

http://www.policebrutalitylawyer.com/new-jersey-laws/racial-profiling-laws-and-oversight-in-new-jersey.html

United States v. Brignoni-Ponce, 422 U.S. 873 (1975)

The Fourth Amendment held not to allow a roving patrol of the Border Patrol to stop a vehicle near the Mexican border and question its occupants about their citizenship and immigration status, when the only ground for suspicion is that the occupants appear to be of Mexican ancestry. Except at the border and its functional equivalents, patrolling officers may stop vehicles only if they are aware of specific articulable facts, together with rational inferences therefrom, reasonably warranting suspicion that the vehicles contain aliens who may be illegally in the country.

http://supreme.justia.com/cases/federal/us/422/873/case.html

A couple of points:
Re:

Maybe you don't know many laws?   :shrug:...

As you know, Wildman, OS knows very little about a lot of things.  A very little and not enough to be knowledgeable about anything.

Re: New Jersey
It may have been because of that incident (the shooting of the Brothers in the van) - not sure - but NJ State Police were required to keep track of the race of drivers they stopped.  As a result NJ is one of the few - if not the only jurisdiction - with fairly complete data on traffic stops.  Unsurprisingly, DWB was demonstrated as a major reason for many stops.

Further research indicated - from memory, here - that white drug traffickers drove by undetected while cops had innocent Black drivers stopped by the side of the road - sometimes "tossing" their autos with no 'probable cause.'
O0

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule