News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: Y,Oldsport,Uchi. A discussion on conservatism  (Read 2606 times)

Offline uchighlander

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: Y,Oldsport,Uchi. A discussion on conservatism
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2013, 10:35:53 AM »
I'm basically on board with Y and OS. I think educational standards should be set at the local level....the feds should never be involved unless a fed law is broken. People at the local level know what's needed in their schools a lot more than DC does.....that's why we have school boards. GO VIKINGS!!!

I think I get it. So when state/local school systems start to re-write HIStory in their textbooks and "lessen" the effects of some historical institutions which favored a certain majority of folks, they won't have the nosey folks from the nation's capital who know better telling them to stop spreading that poison to the kids who should know the real story...

Yeah, I get it....
Most of the revisonist history that I've heard about doesn't show America in the best light so what are you trying to say? GO VIKINGS!!!

What you meant is, the actual non "white-washed" history doesn't show America in the best light at times. Truth is.... Historically, America had achieved greatness in many facets. And , America has showed it's way less than perfect side in the annals of history.

That is not what I am TRYING to say. That is what I am SAYING...
I guess it depends on who's doing the re-writing.....liberal or conservative. GO VIKINGS!!!

Offline Meciber 202

• Assistant GM
  • We're Baaacck! MEAC Baby! 2010
    • View Profile
Re: Y,Oldsport,Uchi. A discussion on conservatism
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2013, 05:00:22 PM »
bump
2006 HBCU National Champions - NC Central University

Don't forget secret GOP strategy meetings sponsored by Koch bros: attendees included Congressmen, Governors, CEOs, National Chamber of Congress, and two Supreme Court Judges; all united to put GOP back in power. Could SC Judges be bought? smh

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule