News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: Who Has the Best Neck (MEAC)????  (Read 826 times)

Offline WSSU_ram16

• Prophyte
    • View Profile
Who Has the Best Neck (MEAC)????
« on: March 06, 2013, 09:09:10 PM »
The MEAC

NC A&T

NCCU

SCSU

FAMU

Howard

Hampton

Norfolk St.

Bethune-Cookman

Delaware St.
N/A

UMES

Savannah St.

Morgan St.

Coppin St.
N/A

Chew Tobacco, chew tobacco, chew tobacco spit, If you ain't a RAM then you ain't S*#t

Offline Aggie D.

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Who Has the Best Neck (MEAC)????
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 01:55:08 AM »
Lol, this was entertaining.  Gotta love that good ol' Neck.  I thought B-CU, FAMU, NCCU, and SCSU all sounded good.  Having enough instruments to play various parts always adds to the quality.  Love the Go-Go beat with the UMES version.  However, I am very much bias to the BGMM's version.  I'm an Aggie from Greensboro so when I hear Neck I always expect it to be funky.  T's version is not the cleanest but it damn sure funky.  I also love how we start it off, right away it makes you want to move.     

Offline WSSU_ram16

• Prophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 01:08:07 PM »
When I was looking for all the neck versions for CIAA, MEAC. SWAC, and SIAC it was kinda hard to pic which video have the clearest sound, less interruptions from announcers or other bands, and the clearest video, so I'm a ram and I can say A&T version is unique and you won't hear a copy of it anywhere! and NCCU is good to nice balance as always
Chew Tobacco, chew tobacco, chew tobacco spit, If you ain't a RAM then you ain't S*#t

Offline eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 03:00:09 PM »
It is interesting hearing each band put their signature on that song.  Hard for me to judge because I am to bias.  Our band used to play that song late in the forth quarter and towards the end of the basketball games.  When you hear the introduction, get ready to hear NCCUuuuu!  A&T's band always bring it. :vomit: 

I will listen to the CIAA when I get home.   
Whether great or small, victory is victory!

Offline NOBLE_1893

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 05:46:33 PM »
I'm gonna have to roll with Bethune Cookman
A.D. Grimes
@NobleClown357
Prince Hall Free & Accepted Mason
Ancient Egyptian Arabic Order Nobles of the Mystic Shrine
Iota Phi Theta Fraternity, Inc.

Offline TrueEagle

• Assistant GM
  • Asst. GM
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nccueaf.org
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2013, 11:07:35 AM »
I haven't listened to the clips but I'm shocked that NSU is not among the favorites being that they were one of the first IF NOT THE FIRST to play Neck in 80's.
"The EAGLE is no common, ordinary barnyard fowl, and while a sparrow clings to its flock, AN EAGLE SOARS ALONE!" -Dr. James Shepard, Founder of NCCU    :nod:

Offline BisonBlu

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2013, 09:13:59 PM »
I would have to say BCU followed cby NCAT, I am disgusted by the sound of the Howard Band :brickwall:

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule