News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: The NRA Was Not Always Against Gun Control - Not When it Involved Black People  (Read 3402 times)

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
  • Adinkra Symbol for "Unbreakable" "Resilient"
    • View Profile
The NRA stays consistently hypocritical in re: to guns and Black folks.

Black elected officials voicing their position with VIDEO:

Black, Gun-Owning Congressman Says The NRA Doesn’t Care About Black People

Rep. Cedric Richmond (D-LA), himself a gun owner, gave a passionate speech accusing the NRA of not carrying about the welfare of black people.
“The hypocrisy there is so blatant,” he said. “I always thought the NRA was not concerned about me. And I hunt and I fish and I own a gun. But the last few days have clarified it for me — that their Second Amendment concern is not a voice of concern for African Americans. And I just believe that we cannot give them a pass on not making a comment.”

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2016/07/08/3796723/richmond-nra/

O0

Long Live Killmonger!

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
b.o.t.

See last post in this thread...

O0
Long Live Killmonger!

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
THIS HAS ALWAYS BEEN THE CASE. THE NRA IS NOTHING MORE THAN AN EFFORT TO 'MAWA'.  :popcorn:
I'm an Army Civilian and former Soldier on the Army Team. I'm dedicated to my Army, Soldiers and Civilians. I will always support the mission. I provide stability and continuity during war and peace. I'll support and defend the Constitution and consider it an honor to serve our nation and my Army.

Offline CU1994

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • www.cheyney.edu
Just going back over this thread. Bison66 killed Y with facts.  :lmao:

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Just going back over this thread. Bison66 killed Y with facts.  :lmao:

No competition...but I thank you for the observation.

That's why I have looked for other "Conservatives" (and succeeded in bringing one) to O-dan.  I was hoping for a higher level of intellect and more challenging discussions.

Unfortunately, y04 won't bring anyone and Olds..t knows no one and pretends his imaginary 'friends' read posts here.  If they do exist they are TOO AFRAID to join in.

The one Conservative I brought, stepped in it right away with a major misstatement of fact which she then tried to spin - before she ran away like Olds..t and y04 have made a career of doing.

Another who I invited apparently decided not to post anything even after our great Webmaster cleared the way for him to participate.  That would have been interesting because he and I are line Brothers.

O0

Long Live Killmonger!

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Philando Castile’s Mother Blasts NRA Head for Staying Silent In Wake of Son’s Death

“He didn’t say anything because my son was Black."

“If he really cared about the good guys out here, he would have stood up for my son,” she told the New York Daily News “It’s about money. This country is run off money. Everybody wants a piece.

“My son was one of the good guys, but him being Black, obviously they didn’t see him as a good guy,” added Castile, who said she’s still “mad as hell.” “They’ve yet to say anything about my son.”

http://atlantablackstar.com/2018/02/23/philando-castiles-mother-blasts-nra-head-staying-silent-wake-sons-death/?utm_content=bufferd43d7&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

O0
Long Live Killmonger!

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit

That's why I have looked for other "Conservatives" (and succeeded in bringing one) to O-dan.  I was hoping for a higher level of intellect and more challenging discussions.

::)
You'd have better luck winning the Powerball.

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile

::)
You'd have better luck winning the Powerball.

But,...I keep playing!!!

I take a different approach from many folks (on FB) who defriended people who supported #ErraticTrump.  I emailed two former neighbors (not my Friends on FB) and two current neighbors who were/are his supporters and challenged them.  No reply.

My approach is to engage, challenge and expose.  I have no delusions about changing their minds, but they're gonna KNOW they've been called out by someone who knows them.  No anonymity!!!!

O0
« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 01:34:59 PM by Bison66 »
Long Live Killmonger!

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Remove the spaces in this link

https://www.  facebook.   com/TYTBreakdown/videos/380153092462134/

Otherwise the link does not show up in the post...   :shrug:

O0
Long Live Killmonger!

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile

O0
Long Live Killmonger!

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit

O0

Truly a child of the Most High!! 😇

Offline WileECoyote06

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News