News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: Kelly Price - Christmas Album "One Family"  (Read 229 times)

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Kelly Price - Christmas Album "One Family"
« on: December 21, 2012, 10:07:44 AM »
.........guys, for the past several years, the tradition on this board has been to discuss Christmas music during the holiday season, but no one has done that yet.  And when you consider this is the one week anniversary of the Newtown massacre, along with all the other troubling topics in this forum, I wanted to mention my girl, Kelly Price.

Listened to this on the way to work this morning and, man, her rendition of Silent Night damn near tore up a brutha.  It was VERY emotionally moving for me and, because I am a very private person, it was good that I was the first one in my office this morning.  I had time to compose myself before others arrived. :lol:

Anyway, interested in hearing what others think about KP's Christmas CD or any other Christmas music favorites you guys have.  :)

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • House Pride!
    • View Profile
Re: Kelly Price - Christmas Album "One Family"
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2012, 10:19:10 AM »
Strike, I'm not usually a big fan of the traditional Christmas music; some of the newer recordings I do like. I haven't heard Kelly's yet. Since you recommended it, I will check it out.  ;)   

One I do never tire of hearing is "Santa Baby" - I like Boney James with Chante Moore's version, very nice. Of course, Catwoman, i.e., Eartha Kitt's is classic, but Boney and Chante's is reeeeaaallly a nice update. Its been out about 2 yrs now I think.

:nod:

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2012, 11:16:39 AM »
JT and board:

........forgot to mention that another of my ABSOLUTE favorite Christmas CD's is Alexander O'Neal's My Gift to You. Released sometime in the late 80's, its simply a CLASSIC!!!!  Man, especially the Our First Christmas cut on that cd.  That is just one of those songs that REALLY puts a brutha in the Christmas mood.........."We fell in love and its our first Christmas........will you still love me on New Year's Eve............"

WOW!!!  :'(  :lol:

Offline Ramese98

• Assistant GM
  • THE NEW ASU
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2012, 02:12:12 PM »
Chris Botti's December is playing in my ears as I type...
It is What It is.....It will BE what it WILL be....

Offline GALFAMU

• Assistant GM
  • POODAH!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2012, 09:48:21 PM »
Some of my favs are

Cyndi Lauper and Frank Sinatra-Santa Claus is Coming to Town

Natalie Cole--The Holly and the Ivy/Merry Christmas Baby

Charles Brown--Merry Christmas, Baby

Santa Baby--Eartha Kitt

The Christmas Song--Chuck Brown and Eva Cassidy

I Saw Mommy Kissin' Santa Claus--The Jackson 5

Merry Christmas--Trans Siberia Orchestra

George Michael--Last Christmas

Little Drumer Boy-Whitney Houston

« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 09:50:11 PM by GALFAMU »
I am not competing with anyone but myself.
I simply want to be a better person today than I was yesterday.

Offline KHawk

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2012, 09:59:56 PM »
Two new good ones for this year are Cee-Lo Green and KEM.  Ledisi has a good one also but none of them can touch KEM, personally. 

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News