News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: Are you voting for Obama because he's Black?  (Read 1640 times)

Offline Sierra

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Are you voting for Obama because he's Black?
« on: November 05, 2012, 11:43:22 AM »
A white man asked his black friend, 'Are you voting for Barack Obama just because he's black?' The black man responded by saying, 'Why not? In this country men are pulled over everyday just cause they're black; passed over for promotions just cause they're black; considered to be criminals just cause they're black; and there are going to be thousands of you who won't be voting for him just because he's black! However, you do not seem to have a problem with that! This country was built with the sweat and whip off the black slaves' back, and now a descendent of those same slaves has a chance to lead the same country, where we weren't even considered to be people, where we weren't allowed to be educated, drink from the same water fountains, eat in the same restaurants, or even vote. So yes! I'm going to vote for him! But it's not just because he's black, but because he is hope, he is change, and he now allows me to understand when my grandson says that he wants to be president when he grows up, it is not a fairy tale but a short term goal. He now sees,understands and knows that he can achieve, withstand and do Anything just because he's black!'

Do all the right things for the all the right reasons.Damn the consequences.

Offline cee dog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: Are you voting for Obama because he's Black?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 11:46:22 AM »
Why yes I am.  :clap: ;D
"Bulldog for Life"

Offline Ken

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 12:03:07 PM »
As if whites ain't been voting for whites because they are white- and a lot are voting against BHO because he is black.

Most are voting for BHO because he is a DEMO--add the black clarence thomas and see how many black votes this black  man would get.

Online CU1994

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • www.cheyney.edu
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 12:15:37 PM »
As if whites ain't been voting for whites because they are white- and a lot are voting against BHO because he is black.

Most are voting for BHO because he is a DEMO--add the black clarence thomas and see how many black votes this black  man would get.

Thank you Ken. That's the elephant in the room conservatives conveniently overlook. Let Alan Keys run for president and see how many black votes he gets.

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2012, 01:38:38 PM »
ABSOLUTELY NOT.  ...AND I INTEND TO VOTE FOR HILLARY CLINTON IN 2016.
2X CIAA FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS - 2019 & 2020

Offline G-Ram

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2012, 02:18:41 PM »
What I don't understand is why people make such a fuss about blacks voting for black when for years no one brought up the fact of blacks voting for whites in the Presidential race...... :shrug:

Over 90% of blacks voted Democrat in the past and now it's a problem...WTF

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2012, 04:50:35 PM »
What I don't understand is why people make such a fuss about blacks voting for black when for years no one brought up the fact of blacks voting for whites in the Presidential race...... :shrug:

Over 90% of blacks voted Democrat in the past and now it's a problem...WTF

YOU HAVE HIT THE NAIL RIGHT ON THE HEAD. :nod:
2X CIAA FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS - 2019 & 2020

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
  • What I discovered about my Ancestor was AMAZING!
    • View Profile
    • CLANDESTINE - The Book
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2012, 08:46:30 PM »
And why  :brickwall:   :brickwall:  doesn't anyone question Romney's 90% support from Mormons?

And...
Why no concern about the historic ethnic voting patterns in the upper Midwest and in the Mid-Atlantic and New England states?

Or, at least put a discussion of Black voting IN THE CONTEXT OF AMERICAN VOTING PATTERNS.  Is that asking too much?

Yeah, I know:  IT IS!!
O0

Offline GALFAMU

• Assistant GM
  • POODAH!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2012, 10:11:59 PM »
Years ago, a co-worker sarcastically asked me if I had  voted for Jesse Jackson because he was Black.

I told him my politics were personal, but if I had what's wrong with that?

Then I told him, "You're Greek, and you probably voted for Michael Dukakis because he's Greek, and you probably think that's how it should be."

I am not competing with anyone but myself.
I simply want to be a better person today than I was yesterday.

Offline Cats4ever

• Assistant GM
  • General Manager
    • View Profile
    • FVSU: Let's build a winner.
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2012, 10:39:56 PM »
As Steve Harvey told a white guy, you are dayumn right! >:( :nod:
Your treatment of others give them control of your soul
Matthew 5:25-26

Offline eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2012, 11:25:04 PM »
I am so proud at the fact that he is black, but that is not my main reason for voting for him. 
Whether great or small, victory is victory!

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2012, 06:11:26 AM »
No I didn't vote for him for that reason the first election and this one either. I'm voting for him because I feel Romney is a lying piece of schitt who will take the country down the toilet with him. :nod:
SIAC Champs FB 7, CC 7, MBB 9 BB 2, MTF 3, WBB 2,  SWAC Champs FB 2, MT 1 NCAA DII Nat Champs Men's Soccer '77 & '79, D2 Nat Champs Women's Indoor Track '92 Women's Outdoor Track '92 &'93. HBCU Nat FB Champs 1, Swimming and Diving Champs 6

Offline Sierra

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2012, 08:47:38 AM »
No I didn't vote for him for that reason the first election and this one either. I'm voting for him because I feel Romney is a lying piece of schitt who will take the country down the toilet with him. :nod:

Ahem..Man
Do all the right things for the all the right reasons.Damn the consequences.

Online Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2012, 10:21:46 AM »
..............VERY interesting comments, all, and I agree w/the consensus of opinion on this topic.

But more troubling STILL for me is that in 21st century America, negroes are being made to explain their conduct, in this case their overwhelming support for the re-election of the black president.

The premise underlying the topic of this thread is flawed because there have already been several black folks who ran for president in the past, and they certainly did not gain the support of the overwhelming majority of black voters.  What I think is REALLY going on 2012 is alot of white folks DISGUISING their support for Romney SOLELY BECAUSE he is viewed as the Great White Hope.  >:(

[Poster's note:  My comment about the premise of this thread should in NO WAY be vconstrued as a criticism of the poster who authored this thread as I believe it is a VERY legitimate topic of discussion, and I look forward to reading other peeps' responses.]

Offline thatd@mnYOGI

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2012, 11:23:58 AM »
HELL YEA!

White folks have been given two terms for decades and many of them don't deserve it and have done nothing.

that's all... ???

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule