News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: KAPPAS CONTRIBUTE $450,000.00 TO SCHOLARSHIP FUND  (Read 1483 times)

Online Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: KAPPAS CONTRIBUTE $450,000.00 TO SCHOLARSHIP FUND
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2012, 09:57:11 PM »
:clap: :bow:

Wanted to give a shout out to the men of Lambda Epsilon chapter of Omega Psi Phi, which gave Tuskegee $150K (no pledges) during their 65th anniversary dinner on Thursday nite... :clap: :clap: :bow: :bow:

I see you LE!! :clap: :bow:

You two are  :offtopic:

This thread is about the Kappas giving VSU $450,000.00 for their general scholarship fund.  Stop acting like NCCU posters trying to hijack this thread.   ;D

Never discuss cheese with a rat, bread with a bird or make moves with a snake.

Trying to light Que82 up like a 4th of July firecracker

Offline 69trojan

• Veteran
  • Old School
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2012, 09:58:49 PM »

I thought this forum was a little more civilized than some others I read.  I was at the dinner, have a copy of the check and a photo.  For the benefit of some of you, I wrote the Development Administration Director, Thomas Reed for clarification rather than bicker back and forth:

Was the pledge by Kappa Alpha Psi an actual pledge or a donation?  What was the amount?  If the amount was $450,000, isn't that newsworthy?

This was Mr. Reed's response  and along with the picture of the check, my presence and the word from the administration, I will continue to be proud of my fraternity and my school.

This is indeed newsworthy and we will be publicizing the gift internally and to local media.

Tom Reed

Director of University Relations

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2012, 06:37:38 AM »

I thought this forum was a little more civilized than some others I read.  I was at the dinner, have a copy of the check and a photo.  For the benefit of some of you, I wrote the Development Administration Director, Thomas Reed for clarification rather than bicker back and forth:

Was the pledge by Kappa Alpha Psi an actual pledge or a donation?  What was the amount?  If the amount was $450,000, isn't that newsworthy?

This was Mr. Reed's response  and along with the picture of the check, my presence and the word from the administration, I will continue to be proud of my fraternity and my school.

This is indeed newsworthy and we will be publicizing the gift internally and to local media.

Tom Reed

Director of University Relations

Keep up the good work.  The people on this board don't surprise me.  Had it been a fraternity from another school they would have heaped pages of praises.  Because VSU is not one of the 'it' schools you should have expected the typical crab response. 

VSU's alumni have a good spirit of giving back.  I remember talking to a VSU alumnus at Homecoming a few years ago.  Someone asked him how much he donated that year.  He gave him a five figure response.  That someone told him that another alumnus had donated more.  The alumnus I was talking to said that other guy would never give more than him.  He got his checkbook out and wrote another check for a few grand more.  That's how you do it. 

Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • Tiger Pride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2012, 02:03:29 PM »
 :clap:  Kudos to the Kappas.

Not understanding the shade that has been thrown.

But it cannot take away from anyone's good deeds!

;)

Offline 69trojan

• Veteran
  • Old School
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2012, 11:34:05 PM »
As a follow up to this posting back in October, there is a youtube presentation entitled  VSU Six Million Dollar Man featuring the Kappa Donations to VSU.  For those interested in how to raise money for their institution this may be helpful.  Presentation is about 9:25 long but awesome.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 11:46:36 PM by 69trojan »

Offline Wildcat1025

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2012, 12:31:42 AM »
 :clap: :clap: :clap:
Fort Valley State University
www.fvsu.edu
www.fvsusports.com

Offline Blackwell

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2012, 03:52:05 PM »
I don't think the question was ever answered, was this a pledge or a donation?

Offline Neymar

• Assistant GM
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2012, 04:00:15 PM »

Link since apparently some of us are "TOO CIVILIZED" to use them.

Offline Thinkingaboutit

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2012, 08:41:23 PM »
This is what its about.  Most impressive presentation.  More impressive than standing behind and wearing a shield. I like this.  :clap: :clap: :clap: :bow: :bow:

Offline Bearforlife

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2012, 08:10:40 AM »
That really isn't chump change at all. It is more than enough to create a significant endowed scholarship fund. The interest to be drawn off that is going to give some students a good leg up.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News