News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: "...a nation to which Europe owes everything, for Egypt is responsible for..."  (Read 100384 times)

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
  • What I discovered about my Ancestor was AMAZING!
    • View Profile
    • CLANDESTINE - The Book
Very Interesting segment..

:clap:   :clap:   :clap:

O0  95319

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • CLANDESTINE - The Book
Fellow posters,

The last few times I have posted in this thread, it has not appeared on the Index of threads in Politics.

At least, it does not display for me.

IF YOU SEE this on page 1 today (7/31/21) of Politics' threads, please comment in this thread and/or PM me to let me know. 

I am hoping to help the Webmaster troubleshoot the issue.

Asante Sana!
O0

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • CLANDESTINE - The Book
We recently lost a great researcher, Dr. Runoko Rashidi, whose work I have shared before in this thread.  I will return with more information on him.

I came across this tribute to Dr. Ben, the pioneering Kemetic scholar. It covers quite a bit of the history of how the African origins and nature of Ancient Egyptian (Kemet) civilization were distorted and hidden by white so-called supremacist scholars.

The Significance of the late Black Egyptologist Dr. Ben

Dr. Yosef A. A. ben Jochannan centered between legendary history scholars Dr. Ivan Van Sertima and Dr. John Henrik Clarke on the famous Gil Noble show called 'Like It Is.' Gil Noble was a pioneering Afrikan American journalist on ABC in New York City.

...the great Dr Yosef A. A. ben Jochannan. He was inspired by his predecessors, and his peers, the need to struggle against white supremacy, and Arab hegemony in the world to rescue and restore Afrikan history and culture, particularly the history of Kemet, to Black people. But most importantly, Dr. Ben understood that Kemet's wisdom is the foundation for Black power and Black liberation.
[...]
Like many scholars in his lifetime, Dr. Ben, documented the facts on Kemet by traveling extensively to North Afrika. He published his research in many books.

He authored 49 books, primarily on Kemet and Nile Valley civilizations, and their influences on Western cultures and the world's major religions (i.e., Judaism, Christianity, and Al-Islam).

The most popular texts from Dr. Ben are Africa: The Mother of Western Civilization, Black Man of the Nile and His Family, We the Black Jews, and The African Origins of the "Major" Western Religions...
[...]
 Dr. Ben joined the ranks of many radical Black scholars that rose up to challenge white supremacist scholar's distortions of Afrikan history and culture, particularly ancient Kemet (Egypt). These radical Black scholars, who were consistent in their struggle against racist white intellectuals, comprise of the following giants in academia such as, Dr. W.E.B. DuBois, Dr. Carter G. Woodson, Dr. George G. M. James, Joel A. Rogers, Alfred G. Dunston, St. Clair Drake, Frank M. Snowden, John G. Jackson, Drusilla Dunjee Houston, William Leo Hansberry, Chancellor Williams,, Dr. Jacob H. Carruthers, Dr. Maulana Karenga, Dr. Molefe Kete Asante, Dr. Leonard Jeffries, Dr. Cheikh Anta Diop, Dr. Theophile J Obenga, Dr. Asa Hilliard, Dr. Ivan Van Sertima, Dr. Runoko Rashidi, Dr. Frances Cress Welsing, Dr. Marimba Ani, Dr. James Turner, Dr. Charshee McIntyre, Dr. Amos Wilson, Professor Ashra Kwesi, Professor Tony Browder, Dr. Rhkty Amen, and Dr. John Henrik Clarke, to name a few.
https://patch.com/new-jersey/newarknj/significance-late-black-egyptologist-dr-ben?fbclid=IwAR2QYxe2Vi2Vi2frT2nkDKxF3BJFlYP2SVk8ARS8rVTIgwiGMsL1rCYn2R0

O0 96133
« Last Edit: August 07, 2021, 09:27:36 PM by Bison66 »

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • CLANDESTINE - The Book

Remember this sister?

I posted about her archeological work in Nubia some time back.

I have now made her acquaintance on Facebook and I am truly excited.  Her work continues.

She has put me in touch with one of my sheroes, Dr. Marimba Ani!!!  Her book, YURUGU, which I've mentioned here innumerable times, was a key guidepost as my wife and I wrote our book CLANDESTINE

Our goal was to write an Afrocentric historical novel.  We named two different characters in honor of Dr. Marimba Ani, but after many efforts I was unable to contact her.  Now - THANKS TO SISTER NUBIA - I have been able to write her.

Scroll down at this link for recent post from Nubia's blog about her first trip to Egypt:
http://www.ancientnubiancities.com/?fbclid=IwAR23d4KCr0xaxj9jYf-pXfzaKLqaPlJUB3ysRxUF1yWlI0Lv3R-TRpXu-Lo

O0
« Last Edit: August 07, 2021, 09:26:18 PM by Bison66 »

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
 :clap: :clap: :clap:

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
Bump

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile

Remember this sister?

I posted about her archeological work in Nubia some time back.

I have now made her acquaintance on Facebook and I am truly excited.  Her work continues.

She has put me in touch with one of my sheroes, Dr. Marimba Ani!!!  Her book, YURUGU, which I've mentioned here innumerable times, was a key guidepost as my wife and I wrote our book CLANDESTINE

Our goal was to write an Afrocentric historical novel.  We named two different characters in honor of Dr. Marimba Ani, but after many efforts I was unable to contact her.  Now - THANKS TO SISTER NUBIA - I have been able to write her.

Scroll down at this link for recent post from Nubia's blog about her first trip to Egypt:
http://www.ancientnubiancities.com/?fbclid=IwAR23d4KCr0xaxj9jYf-pXfzaKLqaPlJUB3ysRxUF1yWlI0Lv3R-TRpXu-Lo

O0

Very impressive!!

Offline iceman4221

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Beast of the MidEast with 17 Football Championships and Counting...
Bump to top of forum...
NEVER Deliberate, Debate or Argue About what is Clearly Wrong and/or Unjust, and Try to Persuade Yourself or Others that it's Not...

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • CLANDESTINE - The Book
Re: "...a nation to which Europe owes everything, for Egypt is responsible for..."
« Reply #625 on: September 10, 2021, 04:55:50 PM »
Jews DID NOT Build The Pyramids

Y'all the myth that they did is a PRIME example of DISinformation. 

I didn't realize it was reportedly conceived (or promoted) first by Israeli PM Begin in 1977. I recall it being included in Hollywood movies LONG BEFORE that.

This article says "recently" disproven, but this story was debunked long ago.  I suppose that now that a Jewish scholar has confirmed it, it is OK.
Perhaps that takes the sting out of the truth!

Amihai Mazar, a professor at the University of Hebrew in Jerusalem, recently concluded that the Jews did not build the Egyptian pyramids. Mazar claims that this myth was introduced by former Israeli Prime Minister Menachem Begin when visiting Egypt in 1977.

Mazar explained that “No Jews built the pyramids because Jews didn’t exist at the period when the pyramids were built.”

According to Dieter Wildung, a former director of Berlin’s Egyptian Museum, further archeological evidence has shown that “The myth of the slaves building pyramids is only the stuff of tabloids and Hollywood […] The world simply could not believe the pyramids were built without oppression and forced labor, but out of loyalty to the pharaohs.”

UNQUOTE
And, NO, Dr. Ben Carson,... "Joseph" (who was not alive yet) did NOT use the pyramids to store wheat.  The pyramids are mostly solid structures!!!!!

Below,...Picture of people building Pyramids
Bettmann/Getty Images

This widely accepted LIE really shows the power of popular culture, movies in this instance.

There are scholars and students of the Old Testament here on O-Dan, who might be able to tell us if there is any mention of pyramid-building in it or in the Torah or another ancient Jewish writing.

O0  97452
« Last Edit: September 10, 2021, 05:10:03 PM by Bison66 »

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • CLANDESTINE - The Book
Re: "...a nation to which Europe owes everything, for Egypt is responsible for..."
« Reply #626 on: September 20, 2021, 10:28:48 AM »
'Lost golden city' found in Egypt reveals lives of ancient pharaohs

A recent archeological discovery sheds new light on the 18th Dynasty BEFORE invasions of Greeks, Hyksos, Arabs, etc.

Researchers found evidence that the city was occupied during the reign of and possibly built by Amenhotep III.

It remains hilarious to me that folks want to argue with the stone portrait of this Black man!!

The Brother at Home Team History does his thing again!

Here's a BBC article:

The discovery of a 3,000-year-old city that was lost to the sands of Egypt has been hailed as one of the most important archaeological finds since Tutankhamun's tomb.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-56686448

O0  97867

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • CLANDESTINE - The Book

What Makes the New National Museum of Egyptian Civilization Special

What makes the NMEC special compared to the many other museums in Egypt?

There are four aspects that make the NMEC different from all other museums in Egypt, and – I would say – in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region.

Firstly, the museum comprises all the civilizations that passed through Egypt starting 35,000 years ago; going through the different families of the pharaonic era, and then through the Greek and Roman eras, the Coptic and Islamic eras, and then the contemporary period.

The NMEC takes the visitor on a journey through [all the] civilizations that passed by Egypt in one room, in one hour. It doesn’t just display pieces; there’s a story behind the displays, which might be a number of pieces or objects put together to tell you a story about motherhood, cooking, medicine, or music, and how [a piece in a certain era] is related to other eras that are displayed. There is something unique in this regard; normally when you go to any museum [in Egypt], it is focused on the Pharaonic era or the Coptic or Islamic [eras], so to have them all in one place and see the stories behind them makes it unique.

https://egyptianstreets.com/2021/08/22/what-makes-the-new-national-museum-of-egyptian-civilization-special-exclusive-interview/

O0   98770
« Last Edit: October 13, 2021, 10:06:47 PM by Bison66 »

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • CLANDESTINE - The Book
Some of these items relate directly to ancient Egypt:

100 Things you never knew about Africa

There is so much good information here, it is hard to pick favorites, but here are some good ones:

10. The ancient Egyptians had the same type of tropically adapted skeletal proportions as modern Black Africans. A 2003 paper appeared in American Journal of Physical Anthropology by Dr Sonia Zakrzewski entitled Variation in Ancient Egyptian Stature and Body Proportions where she states that: “The raw values in Table 6 suggest that Egyptians had the ‘super-Negroid’ body plan described by Robins (1983). The values for the brachial and crural indices show that the distal segments of each limb are longer relative to the proximal segments than in many ‘African’ populations.”

11. The ancient Egyptians had Afro combs. One writer tells us that the Egyptians “manufactured a very striking range of combs in ivory: the shape of these is distinctly African and is like the combs used even today by Africans and those of African descent.”

My comment:  Yeah, I guess those white Egyptians used these! LOL

30. The Nigerian city of Ile-Ife was paved in 1000 AD on the orders of a female ruler with decorations that originated in Ancient America. Naturally, no-one wants to explain how this took place approximately 500 years before the time of Christopher Columbus!

34. One of the great achievements of the Yoruba was their urban culture. “By the year A.D. 1300,” says a modern scholar, “the Yoruba people built numerous walled cities surrounded by farms”. The cities were Owu, Oyo, Ijebu, Ijesa, Ketu, Popo, Egba, Sabe, Dassa, Egbado, Igbomina, the sixteen Ekiti principalities, Owo and Ondo.

35. Yoruba metal art of the mediaeval period was of world class. One scholar wrote that Yoruba art “would stand comparison with anything which Ancient Egypt, Classical Greece and Rome, or Renaissance Europe had to offer.”

40. Malian sailors got to America in 1311 AD, 181 years before Columbus. An Egyptian scholar, Ibn Fadl Al-Umari, published on this sometime around 1342. In the tenth chapter of his book, there is an account of two large maritime voyages ordered by the predecessor of Mansa Musa, a king who inherited the Malian throne in 1312. This mariner king is not named by Al-Umari, but modern writers identify him as Mansa Abubakari II.

47. Many old West African families have private library collections that go back hundreds of years. The Mauritanian cities of Chinguetti and Oudane have a total of 3,450 hand written mediaeval books. There may be another 6,000 books still surviving in the other city of Walata. Some date back to the 8th century AD. There are 11,000 books in private collections in Niger. Finally, in Timbuktu, Mali, there are about 700,000 surviving books.

49. Concerning these old manuscripts, Michael Palin, in his TV series Sahara, said the imam of Timbuktu “has a collection of scientific texts that clearly show the planets circling the sun. They date back hundreds of years . . . Its convincing evidence that the scholars of Timbuktu knew a lot more than their counterparts in Europe. In the fifteenth century in Timbuktu the mathematicians knew about the rotation of the planets, knew about the details of the eclipse, they knew things which we had to wait for 150 almost 200 years to know in Europe when Galileo and Copernicus came up with these same calculations and were given a very hard time for it."

52. Benin art of the Middle Ages was of the highest quality. An official of the Berlin Museum für Völkerkunde once stated that: “These works from Benin are equal to the very finest examples of European casting technique. Benvenuto Cellini could not have cast them better, nor could anyone else before or after him . . . Technically, these bronzes represent the very highest possible achievement.”

55. The recently discovered 9th century Nigerian city of Eredo was found to be surrounded by a wall that was 100 miles long and seventy feet high in places. The internal area was a staggering 400 square miles.

56. On the subject of cloth, Kongolese textiles were also distinguished. Various European writers of the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries wrote of the delicate crafts of the peoples living in eastern Kongo and adjacent regions who manufactured damasks, sarcenets, satins, taffeta, cloth of tissue and velvet. Professor DeGraft-Johnson made the curious observation that: “Their brocades, both high and low, were far more valuable than the Italian.”

57. On Kongolese metallurgy of the Middle Ages, one modern scholar wrote that: “There is no doubting . . . the existence of an expert metallurgical art in the ancient Kongo . . . The Bakongo were aware of the toxicity of lead vapours. They devised preventative and curative methods, both pharmacological (massive doses of pawpaw and palm oil) and mechanical (exerting of pressure to free the digestive tract), for combating lead poisoning.”

77. On bling culture, one seventeenth century visitor to southern African empire of Monomotapa, that ruled over this vast region, wrote that: “The people dress in various ways: at court of the Kings their grandees wear cloths of rich silk, damask, satin, gold and silk cloth; these are three widths of satin, each width four covados [2.64m], each sewn to the next, sometimes with gold lace in between, trimmed on two sides, like a carpet, with a gold and silk fringe, sewn in place with a two fingers’ wide ribbon, woven with gold roses on silk.”

The ruins of Great Zimbabwe - Monomotapa was the ancient name of the empire

78. Southern Africans mined gold on an epic scale. One modern writer tells us that: “The estimated amount of gold ore mined from the entire region by the ancients was staggering, exceeding 43 million tons. The ore yielded nearly 700 tons of pure gold which today would be valued at over $­­­­­­7.5 billion.”

79. Apparently the Monomotapan royal palace at Mount Fura had chandeliers hanging from the ceiling. An eighteenth century geography book provided the following data: “The inside consists of a great variety of sumptuous apartments, spacious and lofty halls, all adorned with a magnificent cotton tapestry, the manufacture of the country. The floors, cielings [sic], beams and rafters are all either gilt or plated with gold curiously wrought, as are also the chairs of state, tables, benches &c. The candle-sticks and branches are made of ivory inlaid with gold, and hang from the cieling by chains of the same metal, or of silver gilt.”

82. Evidence discovered in 1978 showed that East Africans were making steel for more than 1,500 years: “Assistant Professor of Anthropology Peter Schmidt and Professor of Engineering Donald H. Avery have found as long as 2,000 years ago Africans living on the western shores of Lake Victoria had produced carbon steel in preheated forced draft furnaces, a method that was technologically more sophisticated than any developed in Europe until the mid-nineteenth century.”

83. Ruins of a 300 BC astronomical observatory was found at Namoratunga in Kenya. Africans were mapping the movements of stars such as Triangulum, Aldebaran, Bellatrix, Central Orion, etcetera, as well as the moon, in order to create a lunar calendar of 354 days.

84. Autopsies and caesarean operations were routinely and effectively carried out by surgeons in pre-colonial Uganda. The surgeons routinely used antiseptics, anaesthetics and cautery iron. Commenting on a Ugandan caesarean operation that appeared in the Edinburgh Medical Journal in 1884, one author wrote: “The whole conduct of the operation . . . suggests a skilled long-practiced surgical team at work conducting a well-tried and familiar operation with smooth efficiency.”

Enjoy the entire list!
http://newsrescue.com/when-we-ruled-africas-reign/#axzz2epsatwFR
O0 7662

I may have shared before another documentary that contains some of the same footage, but this is, I think, more extensive.

Not only does it show a highly structured society, a large city (for the 11th Century), and sophisticated culture,....

SEE ITEMS #77 THRU #79 on the list in the quoted post above.

It also demonstrates the lengths to which people imbued with white racist mindsets will go to hide the TRUTH in order to protect their delicate egos and their pocketbooks (which were enriched by exploitation based on lies about African people).

O0  99104
« Last Edit: October 22, 2021, 05:23:43 PM by Bison66 »

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • CLANDESTINE - The Book
Y'all,

Check out this really excellent discussion on the "controversy" about the racial identity of the founders and builders of Ancient Kemet.

It's audio only and VERY well worth listening to:
https://dcs.megaphone.fm/CAD2903507361.mp3?key=82517dee53f957b5db16c6828966e4b9

(Check out PushBlack on Facebook... and its podcasts https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9mZWVkcy5idXp6c3Byb3V0LmNvbS80MDQ3MzEucnNz)

It begins with a story about the genius scholar from Senegal, Dr. Cheikh Anta Diop.  Then commences an interview with a scholar.

A side point that should mean a lot to everyone here is how this scholar, Deborah Heard, was "launched" on her love of research into Kemet and other aspects of African history.

We never know how our actions or words can impact the lives of others. There is tremendous value in each of us sharing accurate information about our People's history and traditions.

A Luta Continua!!

O0  99706
« Last Edit: November 12, 2021, 04:17:00 PM by Bison66 »

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule