News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Poll

This thread is NO LONGER (THANKS, OW) locked. Do you..

Believe this thread was a waste of time?  Good riddance.
1 (10%)
Think the thread was alright? No big deal.
3 (30%)
Wish it would be unlocked so the information can continue to be shared? Valuable to me.
6 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: "...a nation to which Europe owes everything, for Egypt is responsible for..."  (Read 87198 times)

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
  • What I discovered about my Ancestor was AMAZING!
    • View Profile
    • CLANDESTINE - The Book
Re: "...a nation to which Europe owes everything, for Egypt is responsible for..."
« Reply #510 on: September 13, 2018, 11:35:27 PM »

'Oldest known drawing' found on tiny rock in South Africa

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-15257259

Scientists say they have discovered humanity's oldest known drawing on a small fragment of rock in South Africa.

The drawing is about 73,000 years old, and shows cross-hatch lines sketched onto stone with red ochre pigment.

Scientists discovered the small fragment of the drawing - which some say looks a bit like a hashtag - in Blombos Cave on the southern coast.

The find is "a prime indicator of modern cognition" in our species, the report says.

While scientists have found older engravings around the world, research published on Wednesday in the journal Nature says the lines on this stone mark the first abstract drawing.

The article says the ancient artist used an "ochre crayon" to etch it onto the stone...

AND

Francesco d'Errico examining the components of the toolkits under a microscope

There have been numerous other artefacts found in Blombos Cave, 300 kilometres (185 miles) east of Cape Town, including beads covered in red ochre, engraved ochre fragments, and a paint-making kit dating back around 100,000 years.
UNQUOTE
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-45501205

O0  68,991

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • CLANDESTINE - The Book
Re: "...a nation to which Europe owes everything, for Egypt is responsible for..."
« Reply #511 on: September 15, 2018, 07:03:06 PM »
I'm going to check that book out.

THAT, my Brother, is an EXCELLENT decision.

I wish you well.

One suggestion for ANYONE reading the book and others (Iceman and CU1994) may want to comment on this also:

I recommend copying (if you are reading a hard copy) the "Terms and Concepts" in the Introductory section and keeping that copy right beside the book as you read - until you become familiar with the meaning and connotations of critical terms like:  Asili, Utamawazo, Utamaroho, Rhetorical Ethic, etc.  In this Edition, it is a GLOSSARY:  http://www.docdroid.net/98ej/yurugu-an-african-centered-critique-of-european-cultural-thought-and-behavior-marimba-ani-smaller.pdf.html

Neymar, based upon my "take" on your (?British?) education, I think you will really appreciate the extent to which Dr. Ani delves into classical European philosophy and writings (especially by Plato) to make her assessments.  ['Becca', you might want to check out the book as well.]

Well worth the effort it takes..... not an easy read.  WELL WORTH IT

I'm pulling for you, Man.
O0

Just curious, Neymar..

Did you ever read YURUGU?

O0  69,019
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 07:06:32 PM by Bison66 »

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • CLANDESTINE - The Book
« Reply #512 on: September 19, 2018, 02:02:25 PM »
FROM BACK IN MARCH OF THIS YEAR

neymar,

I asked you whether or not you accept the DNA evidence from the mummies...

There's no sense in me spending time giving you EVIDENCE if you are not interested in evidence.

So, do you - or will you - accept DNA evidence produced by WHITE SCIENTISTS, NOT AFROCENTRISTS, about mummies? 

I will engage with you with EVIDENCE.  But if your mind is made up and the facts don't matter, I have better things to do with my time.

neymar said:

Van Sertima's research has been debunked throughly in his field:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivan_Van_Sertima#Reception

But you want me to go find research that this is a white man's world we are living in? Why go that far.

I am really annoyed that my time is limited right now.

Wikipedia?  Really!?
I have edited Wiki pages and know how it works.  That one is an OBVIOUS hitjob.  The same kind of folks tried to beat down Diop.  But that doesn't mean that Van Sertima was correct about everything.  His was pioneering work and he missed some things, but let me ask you AGAIN:  Will you accept EVIDENCE THAT AFRICANS WERE IN THE AMERICAS HUNDREDS OR THOUSANDS OF YEARS BEFORE THE VIKINGS OR Cristóbal Colón (Columbus' name in Spanish).

Now,.....
No, I did not ask you "to go find research."  I asked you for your sources and whose research your conclusions are based on re: exploration and writing.

Clearly, you have none.

I will take a brief moment to point out the GLARING LOGICAL/HISTORICAL FLAW in your key argument about exploration.

You say that IF Africans had already been in the Americas, then Europeans would not have had to kidnap them and bring them.

EVEN YOU MUST SEE HOW RIDICULOUS THAT ARGUMENT IS...

First of all, it was Columbus and other Europeans who said they saw evidence of Africans having been there.  And the testimony of the Arawaks, themselves, AS REPORTED BY THE EUROPEANS!!!!  So, that is not in dispute.

Secondly, COMMON SENSE should tell you that the number of Africans - most of whom would have intermarried with Native peoples - would not be sufficient for the sugar and other plantation economies that they intended to develop.

Tell me, first, if you have a logical disagreement with EITHER OF THE POINTS I HAVE JUST MADE.....because again, if you will deal with neither facts and logic...it's a waste of time.

O0
UNQUOTE
https://onnidan1.com/forum/index.php?topic=134319.msg1027790#msg1027790

Just checking to see, Neymar, if you're ready to have an HONEST exchange based on evidence or if you are still clinging to your fact-devoid Legacy of Disbelief...

You've never read Van Sertima, have you?

O0  69,072
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 02:05:41 PM by Bison66 »

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • CLANDESTINE - The Book
« Reply #513 on: September 21, 2018, 04:49:23 PM »
Are folks actually still debating whether the Kemetans were Black Africans??

Nice photo effect, huh?

And, y'all, check out these comparison photos INTERACTIVE

CHECK IT OUT! You can slide the divider on each photo to compare older with newer photos.

https://www.heritagedaily.com/2018/08/ancient-egypt-comparisons-caught-on-camera/121407

O0  69,116

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • CLANDESTINE - The Book
« Reply #514 on: September 24, 2018, 10:13:56 AM »
CROSS POST
FOR THE RECORD

ANCIENT AFRICA'S MOST POWERFUL MILITARY

Check it out, y'all!  This Brother's low-key and sometimes amusing style makes this information very accessible.

VIDEO

KUSH and NUBIA!!!

O0  69,169

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • CLANDESTINE - The Book
« Reply #515 on: September 26, 2018, 10:00:32 PM »
For those interested in more insight into the interaction between THE LAST STAGES of the Kemetan civilization with other nations and peoples in the region.

VIDEO:  1177 BC: The Year Civilization Collapsed

PLEASE NOTE WHERE 1177BC IS ON THIS TIMELINE:

http://www.slidesplay.com/wp-content/uploads/ancient-egyptian-timeline-18-best-the-ancestors-images-on-pinterest-of-ancient-egyptian-timeline.jpg

O0  69,661
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 12:59:56 PM by Bison66 »

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • CLANDESTINE - The Book
The oldest mummies in the world

If certain people are consistent, they will say that Peru was a crossroads and that the People who developed the advanced knowledge of chemistry and anatomy there, weren't really "Indians."

Must have been, I guess they will say, some Europeans around there....

IN THE ARID DESERT OF ATACAMA , a group of fishermen, hunters and gatherers turned their dead into works of art for more than 3,500 years (between 6000 and 1500 BC). They had extraordinary knowledge of anatomy, chemistry and biology, and they did it 2,000 years before the Egyptians. The Chinchorro civilization, which inhabited the coast between the southern part of Ilo, in Peru, and north of Antofagasta, in Chile, did not bequeath large buildings or novel methods of cultivation, but its mummies -conserved thanks to advanced embalming techniques- count today. to the contemporary world how they lived then, why they mummified their dead and how they did it. Now they aspire to be declared a World Heritage Site by Unesco.
UNQUOTE

https://elpais.com/elpais/2018/10/01/eps/1538404415_892915.html?id_externo_rsoc=FB_CM

Or they may say (without evidence) that the Peruvians (west coast of S. America) sailed over to Kemet and taught the Africans how to embalm their dead.

Ancient people were highly advanced in several ways.

O0   69,914
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 12:58:17 PM by Bison66 »

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • CLANDESTINE - The Book
Perhaps my ALL-TIME favorite poem...

The 'killer' line is...

I'd never seen a photo of her as a young woman. Had you?

HBCU SHOUT OUT - She taught for three decades at Jackson State!!

Margaret Walker (1915 1998) has been described as the most famous person nobody knows. This is a shocking oversight of an award-winning poet, novelist, essayist, educator, and activist as well as friend and mentor to many prominent African American writers. Song of My Life reintroduces Margaret Walker to readers by telling her story, one that many can relate to as she overcame certain obstacles related to race, gender, and poverty.

Walker was born in 1915 in Birmingham, Alabama, to two parents who prized education above all else. Obtaining that education was not easy for either her parents or herself, but Walker went on to earn both her master s and doctorate. from the University of Iowa. Walker s journey to become a nationally known writer and educator is an incredible story of hard work and perseverance. Her years as a public figure connected her to Richard Wright, Langston Hughes, Alex Haley, and a host of other important literary and historical figures....
UNQUOTE
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22129661-song-of-my-life

THE poem:

For My People
Margaret Walker
For my people everywhere singing their slave songs
     repeatedly: their dirges and their ditties and their blues
     and jubilees, praying their prayers nightly to an
     unknown god, bending their knees humbly to an
     unseen power;

For my people lending their strength to the years, to the
    gone years and the now years and the maybe years,
    washing ironing cooking scrubbing sewing mending
    hoeing plowing digging planting pruning patching
    dragging along never gaining never reaping never
    knowing and never understanding;

For my playmates in the clay and dust and sand of Alabama
    backyards playing baptizing and preaching and doctor
    and jail and soldier and school and mama and cooking
    and playhouse and concert and store and hair and Miss
    Choomby and company;

For the cramped bewildered years we went to school to learn
    to know the reasons why and the answers to and the
    people who and the places where and the days when, in
    memory of the bitter hours when we discovered we
    were black and poor and small and different and nobody
    cared and nobody wondered and nobody understood;

For the boys and girls who grew in spite of these things to
    be man and woman, to laugh and dance and sing and
    play and drink their wine and religion and success, to
    marry their playmates and bear children and then die
    of consumption and anemia and lynching;

For my people thronging 47th Street in Chicago and Lenox
    Avenue in New York and Rampart Street in New
    Orleans, lost disinherited dispossessed and happy
    people filling the cabarets and taverns and other
    people’s pockets needing bread and shoes and milk and
    land and money and something—something all our own;

For my people walking blindly spreading joy, losing time
     being lazy, sleeping when hungry, shouting when
     burdened, drinking when hopeless, tied, and shackled
     and tangled among ourselves by the unseen creatures
     who tower over us omnisciently and laugh;

For my people blundering and groping and floundering in
     the dark of churches and schools and clubs and
     societies, associations and councils and committees and
     conventions, distressed and disturbed and deceived and
     devoured by money-hungry glory-craving leeches,
     preyed on by facile force of state and fad and novelty, by
     false prophet and holy believer;

For my people standing staring trying to fashion a better way
    from confusion, from hypocrisy and misunderstanding,
    trying to fashion a world that will hold all the people,
    all the faces, all the adams and eves and their countless
    generations;

Let a new earth rise. Let another world be born. Let a
    bloody peace be written in the sky. Let a second
    generation full of courage issue forth; let a people
    loving freedom come to growth. Let a beauty full of
    healing and a strength of final clenching be the pulsing
    in our spirits and our blood. Let the martial songs
    be written, let the dirges disappear. Let a race of men now
    rise and take control.

OH, MY GOODNESS!!!!!  No one has EVER captured so many aspects of our lives as Ms. Walker did in that one poem.

O0   69,931
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 11:53:39 AM by Bison66 »

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • CLANDESTINE - The Book
Another (and better) dramatic reading of FOR MY PEOPLE!

O0

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • CLANDESTINE - The Book
I am transferring one of the exchanges from another thread because the topic is closely related to this thread.
The original thread is here: https://onnidan1.com/forum/index.php?topic=134319.60

Whats truly "bullshyt" is looking at west Africa today, reading the accounts of the Arabs and Europeans who came to them, and thinking this group had the ability to sail across a lake(en masse), much less an ocean. Engineering follows a pretty distinct path.

They didnt have the stuff sir. Its ok, happens to the best of us, but we cant ignore whats in our face today.

I dont see why you are so upset at the prospect of them not having the stuff. Its not a slight, but a reality. There is a reason why Nigerians are the best and brightest outside of Nigeria when they immigrate across the commonwealth. The best know they dont wanna stay there. Same reason not a single one of us on this forum would ever live there either. We have choices.

That was a while ago - March to be exact...
Now that our Editor has our First (actually THOUSANDTH!!!) Draft of our 395-page book CLANDESTINE (Clandestine-Life.com), I have a little more time:

Re: the exploration across the ocean by West Africans, which Neymar ridiculed as impossible because they didn't have "the stuff," here is one tidbit of evidence from the 11th Century, C.E. (Common Era, or A.D.).  Neymar, you are suffering from the "Legacy of Disbelief" I have mentioned before.

Check at the 33:30 mark for commentary on the paving of roads in Ile-Ife in Nigeria:

While Neymar dimissed the work of Van Sertima because of a Wiki page hit-job, They Came Before Columbus contains multiple examples of evidence for the trans-Atlantic travels of Africans to the "Americas" well before Chris "The Butcher" Columbus arrived - lost and thinking he was in India.

Neymar, of course, has NEVER READ the book, but was willing to take a white man's word that it was worthless....

Read for yourself...  You, too, Neymar.

LINK TO THE ENTIRE BOOK: http://thehouseofsankofa.com/books/Ivan-Van-Sertima-They-Came-Before-Columbu.pdf   :read:

Don't believe Afrocentric scholars and don't believe revisionist/white so-called supremacist scholars (white or black), Neymar.  No, don;t believe them...

Instead, go to page 3 of the pdf and read what two Europeans said about what some of the evidence (circumstantial, of course) that West Africans traveled to the Americas.

Then go to the four+ pages of footnotes at the end of Chapter One (alone) and see who to believe:  A Wiki page OR the depth of Van Sertima's research, including PRIMARY sources.

Particularly, look at footnote #19 for how Columbus' son HID the references in his father's own Journal!!!!!  He hid the references BECAUSE they showed that others beat his dad to the Americas, ipso facto, NO "DISCOVERY!"

The next Chapter begins on p. 21 with a white scholar's LOGICAL dismissal of claims that Native 'Americans' did not know Africans up, close and personal - long before Chris got lost on his way to India. (Some of that chapter covers events not that far east from where I now live in Panama - the Darien, an almost impassable area overlapping the Columbia-Panama border).

Neymar, the Olmec heads date from 800-700B.C.E. (BC).  After whom do YOU think they were modeled?

Does Alexander von Wuthenau sound like an Afrocentric scholar to you.  Some of his findings are discussed on page 26.

So, Neymar, it turns out that West Africans had "the stuff," but you don't.  Not blaming you entirely for you are a victim of your British/Euro education.  You were making reference to my Ancestors' inherent and intrinsic capabilities; I am referencing your lack of education, not your intellectual competence.

But, My Dear Young Brother Neymar, it is time for YOU to do your own research/reading and uncover the lies that you have been told, digested and included into your worldview. Time for mental house-cleaning!

Brother, it's not too late....[/font]

O0  70,039
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 05:50:41 PM by Bison66 »

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • CLANDESTINE - The Book
To supplement today's post above:

Attempts to dismiss Van Sertima's work ultimately FAIL because Dr. Van Serima mostly aggregated already existing scholarly work that had been ignored and/or CONSCIOUSLY HIDDEN.

For example:

Forgotten or Unknown: Virgin Islands Hull Bay Skeletons Dated 1250 AD?
Two skeletons of Negro males have been recovered from a grave in Hull Bay near the Danish Virgin Islands.

The Negroid/African skeletons were found in the Virgin Islands and dated to 1240 C.E. (AD) - Neymar, that would be 252 years BEFORE Chris "sailed the ocean blue" - if you know that disinformational rhyme) :

- image not displaying....Why?
http://solarey.net/forgotten-unknown-virginia-islands-hull-bay-skeletons-dated-1250-ad/

Then scroll down to:

Ancient African Skeletons Discovered in the New World?
There have been many instances of archaeologists discovering skulls and skeletons that they believed clearly belonged to people of African descent. Polish professor Andrzej Wiercinski revealed the discovery of African skulls at Olmec sites in Tlatilco, Cerro de las Mesas and Monte Alban. Even more ancient African skeletons that would clearly predate Columbus’ arrival in the Americas were discovered throughout Central America and South America with some even being unearthed in what is now California.

O0[/font]

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • CLANDESTINE - The Book
The note I sent to Neymar...

O0

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • CLANDESTINE - The Book
Regarding the post above on mummification in Peru...

Apparently, there were visitors from Kemet (Ancient Egypt) who shared their knowledge of mummification techniques

OR

...the other way around (if the dates in the article are correct).

The EXACT chemical formula was used in both places.  A bit much for coincidence, even for someone like me who sees coincidence often where others see a hidden hand.

Please take a moment to read from the bottom of page 160 thru 162.

http://thehouseofsankofa.com/books/Ivan-Van-Sertima-They-Came-Before-Columbu.pdf

This even included the mummification of dogs.

O0 70,086

Offline iceman4221

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Beast of the MidEast with 16 Football Championships and Counting...

THAT, my Brother, is an EXCELLENT decision.

I wish you well.

One suggestion for ANYONE reading the book and others (Iceman and CU1994) may want to comment on this also:

I recommend copying (if you are reading a hard copy) the "Terms and Concepts" in the Introductory section and keeping that copy right beside the book as you read - until you become familiar with the meaning and connotations of critical terms like:  Asili, Utamawazo, Utamaroho, Rhetorical Ethic, etc.  In this Edition, it is a GLOSSARY:  http://www.docdroid.net/98ej/yurugu-an-african-centered-critique-of-european-cultural-thought-and-behavior-marimba-ani-smaller.pdf.html

Neymar, based upon my "take" on your (?British?) education, I think you will really appreciate the extent to which Dr. Ani delves into classical European philosophy and writings (especially by Plato) to make her assessments.  ['Becca', you might want to check out the book as well.]

Well worth the effort it takes..... not an easy read.  WELL WORTH IT

I'm pulling for you, Man.
O0

With the Blue Lettered suggestions by Bison66 I concur!!!

Anyone that has read YURUGU is a different person, post that reading experience - very enlightening and empowering... 

YURUGU was definitely one of the most transformative reads of my entire life, kind of like "Destruction of Black Civilization: Great Issues of a Race from 4500 B.C. to 2000 A.D." by Chancellor Williams and "Medical Apartheid: The Dark History of Experimentation on Black Americans from Colonial Times to the Present" by Harriet A Washington...

« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 03:09:44 PM by iceman4221 »
NEVER Deliberate, Debate or Argue About what is Clearly Wrong and/or Unjust, and Try to Persuade Yourself or Others  that it's Not...

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • CLANDESTINE - The Book

With the Blue Lettered suggestions by Bison66 I concur!!!

Anyone that has read YURUGU is a different person, post that reading experience - very enlightening and empowering... 

YURUGU was definitely one of the most transformative reads of my entire life, kind of like "Destruction of Black Civilization: Great Issues of a Race from 4500 B.C. to 2000 A.D." by Chancellor Williams and "Medical Apartheid: The Dark History of Experimentation on Black Americans from Colonial Times to the Present" by Harriet A Washington...

DITTO

DITTO

DITTO

O0

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule