News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Poll

This thread is NO LONGER (THANKS, OW) locked. Do you..

Believe this thread was a waste of time?  Good riddance.
1 (11.1%)
Think the thread was alright? No big deal.
3 (33.3%)
Wish it would be unlocked so the information can continue to be shared? Valuable to me.
5 (55.6%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: "...a nation to which Europe owes everything, for Egypt is responsible for..."  (Read 76043 times)

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
  • Adinkra Symbol for "Unbreakable" "Resilient"
    • View Profile
CU1994,

We KNOW you have something to share.

For example, since you mentioned it, what books would you recommend for:

a) a beginner
b) an advanced learner

Ice, Caesar, Pharoah,  you too!
O0
Long Live Killmonger!

Offline CU1994

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • www.cheyney.edu
CU1994,

We KNOW you have something to share.

For example, since you mentioned it, what books would you recommend for:

a) a beginner
b) an advanced learner

Ice, Caesar, Pharoah,  you too!
O0

If the person was ready to start studying, I would recommend a quick read that is rather general like Rudolph Windsor's From Babylon to Timbuktu.

Offline CU1994

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • www.cheyney.edu
Bison,

To further elaborate on my answer, sometimes you have to wet the appetite. Some people are at the stage where they need purpose and a reason to understand history. If that is the case, I would recommend two books that are very easy reads but will wet appetite for deeper study. Those books would be From the Browder File and The Mis-Education of the Negro. I read the Carter G Woodson classic in my early teens and soon afterward I was reading The Destruction of Black Civilazation. I had to read Diop again in my Sophmore year in college to have a full understanding. I believe From The Browder File would have the same affect on a young person. I had my daughter read this book before her senior year in high school.

SANKOFA

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Yes, definitely, I agree, CU.  That why I asked for suggestions for beginners as well.
Thanks!

Browder, as I've said before, is excellent.

Some, like Diop, Ani and John Jackson, are a bit difficult to read and some, like Dr. Ben, go off - for my taste - on too many tangents.

Carter's "Miseducation...." is, of course, mandatory reading.

I will share some book suggestions later, but mine relate to more recent history/politics than dealt with in this thread.
O0
Long Live Killmonger!

Offline CU1994

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • www.cheyney.edu
Bison,

Now you have me digging in my library. I might have to stop by my parents house to remember more selections. They owned an African centered book store for years. Another Windsor selection that is an easy read as it relates to our condition today is The Valley of The Dry Bones.

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
CU1994,

What city was your parent's shop in?

My wife and I were briefly in the book-selling business, also.  Based in NJ and MD.  My partners were Cheyneyites!
O0

Long Live Killmonger!

Offline CU1994

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • www.cheyney.edu
That's funny, it was in Harrisburg. My mother is Cheyney Alum and my dad is Lincoln alum.

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Like I said, it's tough when euro scholars and their misguided Black acolytes are reduced to arguing with evidence in stone to deny - as some have done for CENTURIES - that the Ancient Egyptians were Black:

http://www.beforebc.de/Made.by.Humankind/StyledHair3000BC/03-10-02-01.html

Scholars even tried to create a "NEW RACE" that - altho MAYBE Black-skinned, WERE NOT REALLY BLACK (wink, wink!!)  They called them "NILOTICS" - which after you got past the smoke and mirrors, actually meant "people who lived near the Nile!!!!!"  That way, what.......they wouldn't be Africans?? ?? ??

Give us all a d@mn break!!!  That's like saying the people who live near the River Niger are NOT Africans, they are Nigerians!!!!   (The term 'Nilotic' has now evolved and is accurately used to simply describe people in the area.)

But that's what passed for intellectual scholarship for centuries.  The need to believe in and support white so-called supremacy was SO strong that normally rational people with high intelligence and excellent educations found themselves face to face with 4,000 year old evidence in stone..........and shouting - in their academic journals and lectures:

"I DON'T CARE IF YOU HAVE WOOLY HAIR IN BRAIDS,
BROAD NOSES, FULL LIPS AND VERY DARK SKIN,
YOU ARE NOT BLACK AND CERTAINLY NOT AFRICAN!!!!"

There JUST HAD to be another explanation because they KNEW that Black people "OBVIOUSLY" were simply NOT CAPABLE of the achievements starring them in the face.  They ignored what their own Greek forebears told them about the Ethiopians and Egyptians.

From Herodotus, himself regarded by many euro scholars as the  "Father of..." - I guess unless he was telling them that the Egyptians were Black - "...History."
Here he speaks in a noticeably off-handed, matter of fact way:
There can be no doubt that the Colchians are an Egyptian race. Before I heard any mention of the fact from others, I had remarked it myself. After the thought had struck me, I made inquiries on the subject both in Colchis and in Egypt, and I found that the Colchians had a more distinct recollection of the Egyptians, than the Egyptians had of them. Still the Egyptians said that they believed the Colchians to be descended from the army of Sesostris. My own conjectures were founded, first, on the fact that they are black-skinned and have woolly hair, which certainly amounts to but little, since several other nations are so too; but further and more especially, on the circumstance that the Colchians, the Egyptians, and the Ethiopians, are the only nations who have practised circumcision from the earliest times. The Phoenicians and the Syrians of Palestine themselves confess that they learnt the custom of the Egyptians; and the Syrians who dwell about the rivers Thermodon and Parthenius, as well as their neighbours the Macronians, say that they have recently adopted it from the Colchians. Now these are the only nations who use circumcision, and it is plain that they all imitate herein the Egyptians. With respect to the Ethiopians, indeed, I cannot decide whether they learnt the practice of the Egyptians, or the Egyptians of them — it is undoubtedly of very ancient date in Ethiopia — but that the others derived their knowledge of it from Egypt is clear to me from the fact that the Phoenicians, when they come to have commerce with the Greeks, cease to follow the Egyptians in this custom, and allow their children to remain uncircumcised.
http://ebooks.adelaide.edu.au/h/herodotus/h4/contents.html

With so few exceptions as to be INsignificant, the euro scholars then - after "forgetting" or pretending not to know what the Ancients had told them - taught generation upon generation of students and future "scholars" the same hysterical blindness and "D'Nile" that developed and encouraged the "legacy of denial" that is just recently being broken down by Afrocentric scholars and being disseminated to small but increasing segments of the general public.

Much pseudo-science and FALSIFIED HISTORY was developed to support related contentions.  For example:
- Skull size was supposedly evidence of African inferiority.  
- Enslaved Africans who sought their freedom were diagnosed with the disease of drapetomania because it was IMpossible for Africans to want to be free.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drapetomania  After all, many Christian leaders at the time taught that it was "divine order" for Blacks to be subservient to whites.
- Anthropologists came up with all kinds of "evidence" including the ranking of races
- "I am apt to suspect the Negroes to be naturally inferior to the Whites. There scarcely ever was a civilization of their complexion, nor even any individual, eminent either in action or speculation."—David Hume, English philosopher, in his book, Essays, Moral and Political, Vol. II. 1700's
-"It will be seen that when we classify mankind by color, the only one of the primary races, given by this classification, which has not made a creative contribution to any one of our twenty-one civilizations is the Black Race."—Dr. Arnold Toynbee, The Study of History, Vol. I, page 233. 1947
- "In most if not all of the newly independent Black nations of Africa, little if anything during the past 5000 or more years can be pointed to as having made a contribution that in any way enhances the life of man."—Walter Arnold, The Evolution of Man in Relation to That of the Earth, Part V, The Mankind Quarterly, Vol. X, No.2 (Oct-Dec 1969), p. 78.
- - "The major cause for American Negroes intellectual and social deficits is hereditary and racially genetic in origin and thus not remedial to a major degree by improvement in environment."—Dr. William Shockley, of Stanford University, Nobel Prize winner

So it is clear that THE DENIAL OF BLACK ACHIEVEMENT in ancient times was used to justify racist notions of African/Black capability in modern times.

And now the cover up and denial of Black Achievement takes a new turn:
If you search for that INFAMOUS Toynbee quote bolded above, you will NOT FIND IT on the sites devoted Toynbee quotes NOR on his Wikipedia page.  He is lauded as a genius and his works are recommended, but the prospective reader is not alerted to the fact that the very PREMISES of his understanding of history and civilization itself are FALSE and racist to the core.  (But you can bet that in a few days the sites that accept comments, including Amazon, and the Wiki page will have it added....if I still have breath!  And IF they do not delete it.)

Meanwhile over time, the self-perceptions of whites and Blacks have been distorted with whites having an inflated sense of themselves and Africans/Blacks the opposite:  
Whites, in large number and percentage, believe that their racial ancestors were the FIRST developers of civilization as represented by science, medicine, architecture, history, and philosophy and therefore, clearly were superior.  And conversely, they believe that Africans made little or no contribution to the development of humankind's civilization and therefore must not be as intelligent, industrious......or worthy.
Blacks, in large number and percentage (but HOPEFULLY less!), believe THE SAME THING!!!!

Both results are a travesty - with huge economic, political, psychological and social ramifications - and must be exposed & combated at all levels and whenever and wherever possible.

Bison66 has now stepped off his soap box.......................

O0 1,198
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 03:12:28 PM by Bison66 »
Long Live Killmonger!

Offline iceman4221

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Beast of the MidEast with 16 Football Championships and Counting...
Bison66, my library has over 300 books and counting...  I have decided to by DVD's since everyone I love and want to share this knowledge will not necessarily pick up a book and read...  But here's a list of some of my favorites:

"They Came Before Columbus", Ivan Van Sertima

"World's Great Men of Color" J.A. Rogers

"The African Origin of Civilization", Dr Cheikh Anta Diop

"The Destruction fo Black Civilization",  Chancellor Williams

"The Isis Papers:  The Key to the Colors", Dr Frances Cress Welsing

"The Mis-Education of the Negro", Carter Godwin Woodson

"Christopher Columbus and the Afrikan Holocaust", Chancellor Williams

"Melanin: What makes Black People Black", Llaila Afrika

"Christianity before Christ", George G Jackson

"From Babylon to Timbuktu: A History of the Ancient Black Races...,  Rudolph Windsor

"Why Darkness Matters: The Power of Melanin in the Brain", Ann Brown

"Breaking the Chains of Psychological Slavery", Naim Akbar

"Stolen Legacy" George G.M. James 

"Iceman Inheritance: Prehistoric Sources of Western Man's Racism, Sexism and Aggression,  Michael Bradley

"Civilization or Barbarism:An Authentic Anthropology", Cheikh Anta Diop

"The Histories", Josephus

"The Ankh: African Origin of Electromagnetism", Nur Ankh Amen

"Black Man of the Nile",  Yosef ben-Jochannan

"Sundown Towns: Hidden Dimension of American Racism, James W Loewen

"The Historical Origin of Christianity", Walter Williams

"The Africans Who Wrote the Bible", Nana Banchie Darkwah

"Forced into Glory: Abraham Lincoln's White Dream", Lerone Bennett Jr.

"A Chronology of the Bible: Challenge to the Standard Version", Yosef Ben-Jochannan

"NILE VALLLEY CONTRIBUTIONS TO CIVILAZATION, ANTHONY T BROWDER

"Medical Apartheid: The Dark History of Medical Experimentation on Black Americans...", Harriet A Washington

"YURUGU: An African Centered Critique of European Cultural Thought and Behavior", Marimba Ani

"Visions for Black Men", Naim Akbar

"The Book Your Church Doesn't Want You To Read", Tim C Leedem

"When the Moors Ruled In Europe", Bettany Hughes

"What They Never Told You In History Class, Induskhamit Kush

"Message to the Blackman In America", Elijah Muhammad

"Before the Mayflower, a History of Black America", Lerone Bennett

"Dirty Little Secrets About Black History: Its Heroes and Other Trouble Makers, Claud Anderson

"Afrikan People and European Holidays" Vol 1&2, Ishakamusa Barashango

"Countering the Conspiracy to Destroy Black Boys" Vols 1-4, Dr Jawanza Kujufu

"Wonderful Ethiopiansof the Ancient Cushite Empire", Drusilla Dunjee Houston

"Black Athena", Martin Bernal

"Anacalypsis", Geoffrey Higgins

"The Historical Origins of Islam", Walter Williams

"The African Origins of Major "Western Religions", Yosef A Ben-Jochannan

"A Book of the Beginnings, Vol1-2, Gerald Massey

"African Presence in Early Europe",  Ivan Van Sertima

"Introduction to African Civilizations", John G Jackson

"Into Egypt Again with Ships", Elisha Israel

"The Valley of the Dry Bones", Rudolf R Windsor

"The Thirteenth Tribe: The Kazar Empire and its Heritage", Arthur Koestler

"Hebrewisms of West Africa, Joseph J Williams

"The Secret Relationships Between Black and Jews"

NEVER Deliberate, Debate or Argue About what is Clearly Wrong and/or Unjust, and Try to Persuade Yourself or Others  that it's Not...

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Ice,

VERY impressive.   :bow:   :clap:   :bow:   :clap:

There's a big overlap of my library with yours, but yours is bigger re: ancient times.

Let me ask you: 

Which 2 or 3 or 4 of those books you would recommend for someone just starting their reading in this important discipline?

Secondly, given your wide-ranging reading:

If you were stranded......, which ONE would YOU want to have.

O0
Long Live Killmonger!

Offline CU1994

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • www.cheyney.edu
Bison66, my library has over 300 books and counting...  I have decided to by DVD's since everyone I love and want to share this knowledge will not necessarily pick up a book and read...  But here's a list of some of my favorites:

"They Came Before Columbus", Ivan Van Sertima

"World's Great Men of Color" J.A. Rogers

"The African Origin of Civilization", Dr Cheikh Anta Diop

"The Destruction fo Black Civilization",  Chancellor Williams

"The Isis Papers:  The Key to the Colors", Dr Frances Cress Welsing

"The Mis-Education of the Negro", Carter Godwin Woodson

"Christopher Columbus and the Afrikan Holocaust", Chancellor Williams

"Melanin: What makes Black People Black", Llaila Afrika

"Christianity before Christ", George G Jackson

"From Babylon to Timbuktu: A History of the Ancient Black Races...,  Rudolph Windsor

"Why Darkness Matters: The Power of Melanin in the Brain", Ann Brown

"Breaking the Chains of Psychological Slavery", Naim Akbar

"Stolen Legacy" George G.M. James 

"Iceman Inheritance: Prehistoric Sources of Western Man's Racism, Sexism and Aggression,  Michael Bradley

"Civilization or Barbarism:An Authentic Anthropology", Cheikh Anta Diop

"The Histories", Josephus

"The Ankh: African Origin of Electromagnetism", Nur Ankh Amen

"Black Man of the Nile",  Yosef ben-Jochannan

"Sundown Towns: Hidden Dimension of American Racism, James W Loewen

"The Historical Origin of Christianity", Walter Williams

"The Africans Who Wrote the Bible", Nana Banchie Darkwah

"Forced into Glory: Abraham Lincoln's White Dream", Lerone Bennett Jr.

"A Chronology of the Bible: Challenge to the Standard Version", Yosef Ben-Jochannan

"NILE VALLLEY CONTRIBUTIONS TO CIVILAZATION, ANTHONY T BROWDER

"Medical Apartheid: The Dark History of Medical Experimentation on Black Americans...", Harriet A Washington

"YURUGU: An African Centered Critique of European Cultural Thought and Behavior", Marimba Ani

"Visions for Black Men", Naim Akbar

"The Book Your Church Doesn't Want You To Read", Tim C Leedem

"What They Never Told You In History Class, Induskhamit Kush

"Message to the Blackman In America", Elijah Muhammad

"Before the Mayflower, a History of Black America", Lerone Bennett

"Dirty Little Secrets About Black History: Its Heroes and Other Trouble Makers, Claud Anderson

"Afrikan People and European Holidays" Vol 1&2, Ishakamusa Barashango

"Countering the Conspiracy to Destroy Black Boys" Vols 1-4, Dr Jawanza Kujufu

"Wonderful Ethiopiansof the Ancient Cushite Empire", Drusilla Dunjee Houston

"Black Athena", Martin Bernal

"Anacalypsis", Geoffrey Higgins

"The Historical Origins of Islam", Walter Williams

"The African Origins of Major "Western Religions", Yosef A Ben-Jochannan

"A Book of the Beginnings, Vol1-2, Gerald Massey

"African Presence in Early Europe",  Ivan Van Sertima

"Introduction to African Civilizations", John G Jackson

"Into Egypt Again with Ships", Elisha Israel

"The Valley of the Dry Bones", Rudolf R Windsor

"The Thirteenth Tribe: The Kazar Empire and its Heritage", Arthur Koestler

"Hebrewisms of West Africa, Joseph J Williams

"The Secret Relationships Between Black and Jews"

Great collection Iceman, we overlap as well. It's great to find people who have the same interests I do.

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile

Are these people Black?
O0
Long Live Killmonger!

Offline iceman4221

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Ice,

VERY impressive.   :bow:   :clap:   :bow:   :clap:

There's a big overlap of my library with yours, but yours is bigger re: ancient times.

Let me ask you:  

Which 2 or 3 or 4 of those books you would recommend for someone just starting their reading in this important discipline?

Secondly, given your wide-ranging reading:

If you were stranded......, which ONE would YOU want to have.

O0

Anacalypsis, Marcus Garvey, Nile Valley Contributions, YURUGU, Psychotechnology of Brainwashing and The Destruction fo Black Civilization are essential for finding the truth and tending to a peoples self-esteem...  

Anacalypsis Vol 1-2, Geoffrey Higgins
Marcus Garvey - Message to the People The Course of African Philosophy, Tony Martin
Nile Valley Contributions to Western Civilization, Anthony Browder
Conspiracy to Destroy Black Boys Vol 1-4, Jawanza Kujufu
"Black Truth", J Asar Jubal
"Psychotechnology of Brainwashing", Kwabena F. Ashanti  
Black Athena Vol 1-2, Martin Bernal
Worlds Great Men of Color, J A Rogers
"The Isis Papers:  The Key to the Colors", Dr Frances Cress Welsing
"Medical Apartheid: The Dark History of Medical Experimentation on Black Americans", Harriet A Washington
"The Destruction fo Black Civilization",  Chancellor Williams
"Black Labor, White Wealth",  Chancellor Williams

These are all essential IMHO - Anthony Browder's book is an encyclopedia of info on Egypt, the others are Necessary to Grasp the European Pysche, their Passion for Revising REAL History, their Fear of Melaninated Peoples, the Use of Religion to Manipulate and Tools Used to Prevent the Next Messianic Male...

All are required Bison66, so as to really grasp what has transpired and what is still going on in this endless battle to discredit our very existence as a people... Marinate on that for a moment...  

P E A C E!!!  
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 01:27:31 PM by iceman4221 »
NEVER Deliberate, Debate or Argue About what is Clearly Wrong and/or Unjust, and Try to Persuade Yourself or Others  that it's Not...

Offline iceman4221

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Great collection Iceman, we overlap as well. It's great to find people who have the same interests I do.

Our numbers are greater than you may know, especially if you have the good fortune of purchasing from a Black Owned and Operated Bookstore...  They tend to know and make recommendations and have author book signings, and I notice and meet a lot of our brothers and sisters perusing the books and making purchases (Thank GOD) etc...  I meet Dr Steve Perry in Connecticut at a black owned bookstore before he blew up on the national stage - I have a signed copy of his outstanding book, "Man Up! Nobody is Coming to Save Us by Steve Perry (May 1, 2006)"...  A link to his book can be found down below...  He calls out a few civil rights leaders but his legacy gives him the balls and the ability to do so IMHO!!!

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=mAN+UP+%26+STEVE+PERRY&rh=n%3A283155%2Ck%3AmAN+UP+%26+STEVE+PERRY&ajr=0

« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 08:44:42 PM by iceman4221 »

Offline iceman4221

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
CAN we have this PINNED to the Top of the Forum PLEASE!!!!  Thanks!!!!

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News