News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: Judge sentences Stone to 3 years and 4 months in prison  (Read 86 times)

Offline Wildman78

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • http://N/A
Judge sentences Stone to 3 years and 4 months in prison
« on: February 20, 2020, 12:44:57 PM »
Judge sentences Trump adviser Stone to 3 years and 4 months in prison

WASHINGTON - A federal judge on Thursday sentenced President Donald Trump's long-time adviser Roger Stone to three years and four months in prison for charges that include lying to lawmakers investigating Russian interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election.

U.S. District Judge Amy Berman Jackson handed down the sentence after Stone's lawyer asked that the veteran Republican operative receive no prison time in a case that has drawn Trump's ire. Stone's belligerence and lies represents "a threat to our democracy," the judge said in a stern lecture during the hours-long sentencing hearing.

"He was not prosecuted - as some have complained - for standing up for the president. He was prosecuted for covering up for the president," Jackson said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/judge-sentences-trump-adviser-stone-to-3-years-and-4-months-in-prison/ar-BB10c66R

Anyway, I'm guessing Stone will get at least 3 years or (36 months).
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 12:57:26 PM by Wildman78 »

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
Re: Judge sentences Stone to 3 years and 4 months in prison
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2020, 01:02:11 PM »
ok Wildman78 on your prediction.

How much time for bi!ch slapping oldsport into next week?

Offline oldsport

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2020, 02:09:22 PM »

Ha, ha, ha..... Stone will never do 3 years. You have several other SOB's who lied to Congress under oath and actually attempted to undermine valid election results yet they are walking around as free as a bird. 

Offline Wildman78

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2020, 02:38:25 PM »

Ha, ha, ha..... Stone will never do 3 years. You have several other SOB's who lied to Congress under oath and actually attempted to undermine valid election results yet they are walking around as free as a bird.

We will see how much time he does. If there are other people who lied to Congress and actually attempted to undermine valid election results, what is stopping Attorney General Barr and DOJ from prosecuting them?  :shrug:

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2020, 02:41:05 PM »
bitch slapping would be a waste. You need for full lobotomy.

Offline DAW912

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2020, 03:13:28 PM »
bitch slapping would be a waste. You need for full lobotomy.
just drop Old Spook off at a Klan rally and l t th “brotherhood” go to work.
“At @TheSIAC media day, they wouldn’t even give us a table. They said, ‘you might want to ask one of the other schools if you can have a place to sit.’” — Coach Quinn

Offline Wildman78

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2020, 03:37:54 PM »
Stone will not be detained immediately. He is still challenging his conviction by claiming juror misconduct, and Jackson is separately still considering his request for a new trial.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/20/politics/roger-stone-sentencing-hearing/index.html

Trump is already speaking about how unfair the Stone is being treated unfairly:

President Trump on Thursday said he believes his longtime confidant Roger Stone “has a very good chance of exoneration,” but that he intends to let the legal process play out after Stone was sentenced to more than three years in prison earlier in the day.

“I’m following this very closely, and I want to see it play out to its fullest because Roger has a very good chance of exoneration in my opinion,” Trump said during remarks at a prisoner graduation event in Las Vegas.

“I’m not going to do anything in terms of the great powers bestowed upon a president of the United States. I want the process to play out,” Trump added. “I think that’s the best thing to do. Because I’d love to see Roger exonerated, and I’d love to see it happen, because I personally believe he was treated very unfairly.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/483912-trump-says-hed-love-to-see-stone-exonerated-but-will-let-process-play

Offline Optimusprime

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2020, 09:21:47 PM »
I'm hoping prosecutors across the country-not just in this case-are sitting on charges against Stone, Manafort, et al and are waiting till Jan 21st to file them.

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Yesterday at 01:28:33 AM »

We will see how much time he does. If there are other people who lied to Congress and actually attempted to undermine valid election results, what is stopping Attorney General Barr and DOJ from prosecuting them?  :shrug:
He's the president
Trying to light Que82 up like a 4th of July firecracker

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News