News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: 6 Year Old Girl Handcuffed By Police For Throwing A Temper Tantrum At School  (Read 1618 times)

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit

Offline Neymar

• Assistant GM
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
"Im not even doing nothing" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lying ass girl :no: can already tell she is going to be a mess for whatever poor soul gets romantically involved with her in the future. Lying straight through her teeth for the world to see at such a young age :no: .

What else can we do? Teachers cant lay hands on these kids anymore, and you guys on here laughed in my face when I talked about time out so what? :shrug:

Let her have the tantrum and ruin the education of the other kids there(whose parents paid for this through local taxes)?

Shame on her dad for getting on tv with this mess. Be a father you big dummy as Redd Foxx would say. A culture of entitlement allows this to happen anyways. Young boys know they are going to jail if they put their hands on anybody in school(or anywhere else if they are black), but she feels she is so special that she can do whatever she wants, whenever she wants with no consequences.

OOh just give her a weekend in an African house. She would be a model student come monday morning :nod:

Offline GALFAMU

• Assistant GM
  • POODAH!!
    • View Profile
OOh just give her a weekend in an African house. She would be a model student come monday morning :nod:

No, how about give her a day in Black American household where they are serious about raising children.  She would learn  and be better for it.

And I also have a few questions about the situation. The reporter could have done more on this Has she had previous disciplinary problems? Were the parents brought in about it? Why didn't they send her to the principal? Why didn't the reporter interview the prinicipal or teacher?

I'll tell you like I tell my African co-workers who love to regularly label Black Americans, as lazy and undisciplined--I don't look at the pirating Somalis, the 20-year civile war in Sudan, fundamentalist northern Nigerians and the al Shabab insurgents as all that represents Africa.

I know there is more to Africa than  the  practice  of clitorectomies on adolescent girls and marrying  those girls off at age 10, 11, 12--the same way there is more to Black America than the daily nonsense that some of our children engage in.

I tell my African co-workers... This current generation has gotten away from the expectations, hard work and discipline that the previous generations of Black Americans lived daily.

It was that ethic and those actions put forward by those genrations that made it possible for us to survive and thrive in America-- and allowed you as an African and for other Blacks from around the word to come here and take advantage and benefit from our sacrifices.

I know there is more to Africa than the heavy-handed dictators in Uganda and Equitorial Guinea, the political and economic struggle in Zimbabwe and the fact that sub-Saharan Africa has the world's highest rate of AIDS/HIV
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 09:00:59 PM by GALFAMU »
I am not competing with anyone but myself.
I simply want to be a better person today than I was yesterday.

Offline Neymar

• Assistant GM
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile

No, how about give her a day in Black American household where they are serious about raising children.  She would learn  and be better for it.

And I also have a few questions about the situation. The reporter could have done more on this Has she had previous disciplinary problems? Were the parents brought in about it? Why didn't they send her to the principal? Why didn't the reporter interview the prinicipal or teacher?

I'll tell you like I tell my African co-workers who love to regularly label Black Americans, as lazy and undisciplined--I don't look at the pirating Somalis, the 20-year civile war in Sudan, fundamentalist northern Nigerians and the al Shabab insurgents as all that represents Africa.

I know there is more to Africa than  the  practice  of clitorectomies on adolescent girls and marrying  those girls off at age 10, 11, 12--the same way there is more to Black America than the daily nonsense that some of our children engage in.

I tell my African co-workers... This current generation has gotten away from the expectations, hard work and discipline that the previous generations of Black Americans lived daily.

It was that ethic and those actions put forward by those genrations that made it possible for us to survive and thrive in America-- and allowed you as an African and for other Blacks from around the word to come here and take advantage and benefit from our sacrifices.

I know there is more to Africa than the heavy-handed dictators in Uganda and Equitorial Guinea, the political and economic struggle in Zimbabwe and the fact that sub-Saharan Africa has the world's highest rate of AIDS/HIV

If a white man told you that it was on his back and sacrifices why you are here today how would you respond? I fundamentally resent your second to last paragraph because there has been voluntary african migration to the US since its inception, and who came here and became success stories by their own work ethic(and in many cases despite the efforts against them from native white and black Americans).

Thats like a slave owner saying they sacrificed for you, and then mentions something like the revolutionary war and the white mans hand in creating the bill of rights. It is offensive.

This aside I must say I made no mention of black Americans in this thread. I simply said if she spent a weekend in an African household her tantrums in public places would be solved fairly quickly.

Offline GALFAMU

• Assistant GM
  • POODAH!!
    • View Profile

If a white man told you that it was on his back and sacrifices why you are here today how would you respond?
 I would agree to a point-because I know history and I know that White peope did lend a hand to help Blacks.

I fundamentally resent your second to last paragraph because there has been voluntary african migration to the US since its inception, and who came here and became success stories by their own work ethic(and in many cases despite the efforts against them from native white and black Americans).

You can resent all you want because when Africans lawfully immigrated to lawfully segregated America, they had to adhere to the same Jim Crow laws as Black Americans.  (UInless they were being educated in places like Minnesota, Iowa, New Hampshire or Massachussetts just to name a few places) And they were also  constantly threatened with deportation in the early part of the last century, And like Black Americans, they did succeed despite obstacles. So what's your agrument?

Thats like a slave owner saying they sacrificed for you, and then mentions something like the revolutionary war and the white mans hand in creating the bill of rights. It is offensive.
No its not. At one popint Blacks were considered 3/5 of a person. So, that argument dies in its tracks. IMHO  the 13th 14th and 15th Amendments  begin to legitimize Blacks in this country.

This aside I must say I made no mention of black Americans in this thread. I simply said if she spent a weekend in an African household her tantrums in public places would be solved fairly quickly.

You didn't have to mention Black Americans. Many Africans, not all, in my experience, have this built-in disdain and automatically find a way to slight Black Americans to favor themselves.

BTW what  would you say to a White man who might tell you without Europe's presence(particularly France) on the continent (i.e. colonization) that Africa would have remained "uncivilized?"
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 10:39:36 PM by GALFAMU »

Offline Neymar

• Assistant GM
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile

If a white man told you that it was on his back and sacrifices why you are here today how would you respond?
 I would agree to a point-because I know history and I know that White peope did lend a hand to help Blacks.

I fundamentally resent your second to last paragraph because there has been voluntary african migration to the US since its inception, and who came here and became success stories by their own work ethic(and in many cases despite the efforts against them from native white and black Americans).

You can resent all you want because when Africans lawfully immigrated to lawfully segregated America, they had to adhere to the same Jim Crow laws as Black Americans.  (UInless they were being educated in places like Minnesota, Iowa, New Hampshire or Massachussetts just to name a few places) And they were also  constantly threatened with deportation in the early part of the last century, And like Black Americans, they did succeed despite obstacles. So what's your agrument?

No its not. At one popint Blacks were considered 3/5 of a person. So, that argument dies in its tracks. IMHO  the 13th 14th and 15th Amendments  begin to legitimize Blacks in this country.

You didn't have to mention Black Americans. Many Africans, not all, in my experience have this built-in disdain and automatically find a way to slight Black Americans to favor themselves.

13th and 14th amendment were drafted, and ratified, by white men.....so I suppose that argument still stands even though the scope is raised from 10 to 14(even though the bill of rights are extended to all regardless of color these days.)

You seem to be bringing in your experiences with other Africans into our conversation, a certain outside influence.

I suppose humans in general have a disdain for people they see as different than themselves, and most wars were started for this reason. This is not a distinctly African on black american phenom.

Offline GALFAMU

• Assistant GM
  • POODAH!!
    • View Profile
I brought my experiences  into this discussion,to make a point that your regular comments about Black Americans are very much like my  experiences
with SOME of my African co-workers.

However, my experiences are also that of my friends.

However, I am smart enough to know that all Africans DO NOT think Black Americans are  slovenly, messy, inarticulate people.

I also I recognize that some Africans actually respect us and what we have accomplished in this country.

Love the reasoning about folks' differences, but Black Americans are not exactly "at war" with one another in the traditional sense.

That logic could be applied to the Liberian conflict--which could be an example  of "the disdain" that you say is caused by people who see other people as different. But, honestly that war went deeper than that.

But the fact remains there is a six-year old who was taken into custody by police and there is something VERY wrong with that. It didn't have to happen.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 11:00:54 PM by GALFAMU »

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
As usual, you 3/5 of a person is wrong.  It was so the slave states would not have an overwhelming majority in the House of Representatives. 

I doubt any of that has anything to do with that girl acting the fool in school.  The teacher can't put their hands on students like they use to.  Law enforcement is not trained to restrain students like this.  The only way they know how to restrain is to use handcuffs.  Handcuffing her was better than using pepper spray. 
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline GALFAMU

• Assistant GM
  • POODAH!!
    • View Profile
As usual, you 3/5 of a person is wrong.  It was so the slave states would not have an overwhelming majority in the House of Representatives. 

No, I am not wrong. Ss usual you're trying to make me out to be wrong.

I  didn't go into details about the 3/5 rule because I gave Neymar the benefit of the doubt. He's supposed to be an intellignet guy, so figured he already knew.

But of course, this will mean nothing to you because you're too busy showing off and try to knock people down every chance you get.

I told you once to stop responding to my posts and I'm telling you again.

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Galfamu, I will respond to any post I choose.  You are wrong about the 3/5.  I'll put it to you so you can understand.  It's so easy a child will understand.

Read 'em and weep.

The three-fifths compromise was an agreement between Southern and Northern states reached during the Constitutional Convention of 1787 in Philadelphia, during which the basic framework of the United States was established. Under this compromise, only three-fifths of the slave population was counted for the purpose of taxation and representation in Congress. Counting slaves as part of the population rather than as property would give the Southern states more political clout.

As all compromises do, the three-fifths compromise started as a dispute. Most of the Northern states did not want to count slaves at all, arguing that they should be treated as property, since they didn't have votes or any other power. The Southern states, however, wanted to count slaves as people so that they would get more representation in Congress, solidifying their political power. The North resisted this, fearing that counting slaves in this way would increase the Congressional seats apportioned to the South, thereby making the South extremely formidable.

In the end, two representatives, James Wilson and Roger Sherman, came up with the three-fifths compromise, which was designed to meet the demands of both sides. Recognizing the desire of the South and wanting to reach out to the Southern states to encourage them to ratify, the three-fifths compromise allowed the government to count part of the slave population, while allaying the fears of the North about Southern power.

Also, if you were to read the United States Constitution you would know that Article I, Section 2, states
Representatives and direct Taxes shall be apportioned among the several States which may be included within this Union, according to their respective Numbers, which shall be determined by adding to the whole Number of free Persons, including those bound to Service for a Term of Years, and excluding Indians not taxed, three fifths of all other Persons.

Now that you have been schooled, do you have any comments on the OP?  Or do you care less about a six year old being handcuffed at school?
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News