News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: A COMPARISON OF THE GOP AND THE DEMOCRATIC CONVENTIONS  (Read 659 times)

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
A COMPARISON OF THE GOP AND THE DEMOCRATIC CONVENTIONS
« on: September 04, 2012, 11:05:13 PM »
RHETORIC AND POLITICS ASIDE, I BELIEVE THAT BOTH PARTIES SINCERELY WANT WHAT IS IN THEIR OPINION THE ABSOLUTE BEST FOR OUR NATION.  THAT BEING SAID YOU KNOW WHAT IS THE MOST SIGNIFICANT DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE PARTIES?

JUST LOOK AT THE PEOPLE, AMERICANS ALL THAT ARE/WERE IN THE AUDIENCES.  ONE SHOWED AMERICAN IN ALL ITS BEAUTY AND DIVERSITY AND ANOTHER SHOWED JUST A PORTION OF AMERICA.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 11:07:50 PM by CIAA-FAN »
BOWIE STATE UNIVERSITY -- 3X CIAA FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS - 2021, 2019 AND 2018 - "A DYNASTY IN THE MAKING"

Offline Neymar

• Assistant GM
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: A COMPARISON OF THE GOP AND THE DEMOCRATIC CONVENTIONS
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 11:15:31 PM »
GOP convention had a few brainwashed black folks.
Democrat convention has a lot of brainwashed black folks.

Both sides are the same s--t. Ones just packaged better than the other.

To Kill a Mockingbird

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 11:27:13 PM »

ANSWER A VERY SIMPLE AND DIRECT QUESTION FOR ME BEFORE I RESPOND TO YOUR COMMENTS ABOVE.  ARE YOU AN AMERICAN CITIZEN?
BOWIE STATE UNIVERSITY -- 3X CIAA FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS - 2021, 2019 AND 2018 - "A DYNASTY IN THE MAKING"

Offline Neymar

• Assistant GM
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 11:32:33 PM »

ANSWER A VERY SIMPLE AND DIRECT QUESTION FOR ME BEFORE I RESPOND TO YOUR COMMENTS ABOVE.  ARE YOU AN AMERICAN CITIZEN?

Yes.

To Kill a Mockingbird

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 11:34:31 PM »

Yes.

WHAT IS THE AVATAR YOU DISPLAY WITH THE ARABIC TEXT AT THE BOTTOM?

Offline Neymar

• Assistant GM
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2012, 11:38:32 PM »

Yes.

The emblem of the oldest black nation of this earth during the period of which I was born......Black pride if you will.

This does not change the fact that both parties were made by, and are controlled, by old white guys who mean people who look like us no good. :)

To Kill a Mockingbird

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2012, 11:53:22 PM »

Yes.

The emblem of the oldest black nation of this earth during the period of which I was born......Black pride if you will.

This does not change the fact that both parties were made by, and are controlled, by old white guys who mean people who look like us no good. :)

YOU OBVIOULSY CHOSE NOT TO COMPLETELY AND SPECIFICALLY ANSWER MY QUESTION AND I WILL ACCEPT THAT FOR NOW.  I GUESS BECAUSE I WAS ACTUALLY WAS BORN AS AN AMERICAN CITIZEN ON AMERICAN SOIL, I MAY VIEW THINGS DIFFERENTLY FROM YOU.  YOU SEE, I SERIOUSLY DOUBT THAT YOU ARE ONE IOTA MORE PROUD OF YOUR BLACKNESS THAN AM I.  SINCE I HAVE PRACTICALLY HAD TO DEAL WITH RACISM AS A CHILD ACTUALLY BORN IN THIS NATION AND AS THAT WAS NOT YOUR CASE; I MAY HAVE SOME INSIGHTS ABOUT RACISM THAT YOU DO NOT HAVE.  I ALSO KNOW THAT ALL WHITE PEOPLE ARE NOT RACISTS.  MANY ARE BUT NOT ALL.  I ALSO KNOW THAT MANY BLACK AMERICANS ARE RACISTS AND I HAVE NO MORE RESPECT FOR THEM THAN I DO FOR WHITE ONES.  I DO NOT SHARE YOUR BELIEF THAT ALL OLD WHITE GUYS MEAN MEAN ALL BLACK PEOPLE NO GOOD.  TO JUDGE A PERSON SIMPLY ON THE COLOR OF THEIR SKIN, WHATEVER THAT COLOR MAY BE, IS THE ABSOLUTE HEIGHT OF IGNORANCE.

Offline Neymar

• Assistant GM
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2012, 12:08:05 AM »

ANSWER A VERY SIMPLE AND DIRECT QUESTION FOR ME BEFORE I RESPOND TO YOUR COMMENTS ABOVE.  ARE YOU AN AMERICAN CITIZEN?

Yes.

YOU OBVIOULSY CHOSE NOT TO COMPLETELY AND SPECIFICALLY ANSWER MY QUESTION AND I WILL ACCEPT THAT FOR NOW.  I GUESS BECAUSE I WAS ACTUALLY WAS BORN AS AN AMERICAN CITIZEN ON AMERICAN SOIL, I MAY VIEW THINGS DIFFERENTLY FROM YOU.  YOU SEE, I SERIOUSLY DOUBT THAT YOU ARE ONE IOTA MORE PROUD OF YOUR BLACKNESS THAN AM I.  SINCE I HAVE PRACTICALLY HAD TO DEAL WITH RACISM AS A CHILD ACTUALLY BORN IN THIS NATION AND AS THAT WAS NOT YOUR CASE; I MAY HAVE SOME INSIGHTS ABOUT RACISM THAT YOU DO NOT HAVE.  I ALSO KNOW THAT ALL WHITE PEOPLE ARE NOT RACISTS.  MANY ARE BUT NOT ALL.  I ALSO KNOW THAT MANY BLACK AMERICANS ARE RACISTS AND I HAVE NO MORE RESPECT FOR THEM THAN I DO FOR WHITE ONES.  I DO NOT SHARE YOUR BELIEF THAT ALL OLD WHITE GUYS MEAN MEAN ALL BLACK PEOPLE NO GOOD.  TO JUDGE A PERSON SIMPLY ON THE COLOR OF THEIR SKIN, WHATEVER THAT COLOR MAY BE, IS THE ABSOLUTE HEIGHT OF IGNORANCE.

1. The guy who impregnated my mom is American, therefore I too was an American at birth.

US Law
8 U.S.C. § 1409 paragraph (a) provides that children born to American fathers unmarried to the children's non-American mothers are considered U.S. citizens only if the father meets the "physical presence" conditions described above, and the father takes several actions:
Unless deceased, has agreed to provide financial support to the child until he reaches 18,
Establish paternity by clear and convincing evidence and, while the person is under the age of 18 years
the person is legitimated under the law of the person’s residence or domicile,
the father acknowledges paternity of the person in writing under oath, or

the paternity of the person is established by adjudication of a competent court.(In me and my older sister case)
You feel no different because you were born in a hospital in Baltimore than I do because I was born in a hospital in London.

2. There were plenty of racists in the UK in the 90's where I did most of my early growing up. I know all about them.

3. Black Americans dont have the power to be racist. They can be prejudiced, but not racist because to be racist you must have the power to subjugate a race....and american blacks clearly do not.

4. I am only proud of things I work for. I had no say in being black, thus I have no reason to feel proud of it. I will however go to bat for people who look like my family and represent our interests......and that is neither the democratic or republican party.

5. Judging a person on their skin is definitely wrong...we are in agreement.

To Kill a Mockingbird

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2012, 12:26:00 AM »

ANSWER A VERY SIMPLE AND DIRECT QUESTION FOR ME BEFORE I RESPOND TO YOUR COMMENTS ABOVE.  ARE YOU AN AMERICAN CITIZEN?

Yes.

YOU OBVIOULSY CHOSE NOT TO COMPLETELY AND SPECIFICALLY ANSWER MY QUESTION AND I WILL ACCEPT THAT FOR NOW.  I GUESS BECAUSE I WAS ACTUALLY WAS BORN AS AN AMERICAN CITIZEN ON AMERICAN SOIL, I MAY VIEW THINGS DIFFERENTLY FROM YOU.  YOU SEE, I SERIOUSLY DOUBT THAT YOU ARE ONE IOTA MORE PROUD OF YOUR BLACKNESS THAN AM I.  SINCE I HAVE PRACTICALLY HAD TO DEAL WITH RACISM AS A CHILD ACTUALLY BORN IN THIS NATION AND AS THAT WAS NOT YOUR CASE; I MAY HAVE SOME INSIGHTS ABOUT RACISM THAT YOU DO NOT HAVE.  I ALSO KNOW THAT ALL WHITE PEOPLE ARE NOT RACISTS.  MANY ARE BUT NOT ALL.  I ALSO KNOW THAT MANY BLACK AMERICANS ARE RACISTS AND I HAVE NO MORE RESPECT FOR THEM THAN I DO FOR WHITE ONES.  I DO NOT SHARE YOUR BELIEF THAT ALL OLD WHITE GUYS MEAN MEAN ALL BLACK PEOPLE NO GOOD.  TO JUDGE A PERSON SIMPLY ON THE COLOR OF THEIR SKIN, WHATEVER THAT COLOR MAY BE, IS THE ABSOLUTE HEIGHT OF IGNORANCE.

1. The guy who impregnated my mom is American, therefore I too was an American at birth.  YES, YOU ARE CORRECTLY TECHNICALLY AND IN EVERY SENSE OF THE LAW.  BUT NOT BEING RAISED IN THIS NATION IN THE SOUTH IN THE 1950s YOU CAN NOT NOT HAVE THE SAME SENSE AND RACIAL EXPERIENCE, I OR THOSE WITH MY EXPERIENCE DO.

US Law
8 U.S.C. § 1409 paragraph (a) provides that children born to American fathers unmarried to the children's non-American mothers are considered U.S. citizens only if the father meets the "physical presence" conditions described above, and the father takes several actions:
Unless deceased, has agreed to provide financial support to the child until he reaches 18,
Establish paternity by clear and convincing evidence and, while the person is under the age of 18 years
the person is legitimated under the law of the person’s residence or domicile,
the father acknowledges paternity of the person in writing under oath, or

the paternity of the person is established by adjudication of a competent court.(In me and my older sister case)
You feel no different because you were born in a hospital in Baltimore than I do because I was born in a hospital in London.

2. There were plenty of racists in the UK in the 90's where I did most of my early growing up. I know all about them.  I DO NOT DISAGREE BUT TRUST ME WHEN I TELL YOU THOSE FOLKS AND THE SKINHEADS HAVE DIFFERENT RACISTS ROOTS.  I KNOW SOMETHING OF WHAT YOU EXPERIENCE FROM A ONE YEAR ARMY TOUR AS AN AMERICAN ARMY OFFICER IN MENDENHALL, ENGLAND WITH MY THEN YOUNG FAMILY.

3. Black Americans dont have the power to be racist. They can be prejudiced, but not racist because to be racist you must have the power to subjugate a race....and american blacks clearly do not.  AGAIN, TECHNICALLY YOU ARE CORRECT.  I USED TWO TERMS THAT ARE OFTEN INTERCHANGED; INCORRECTLY I MIGHT ADD, "RACIST" and "PREDJUDICED".

4. I am only proud of things I work for. I had no say in being black, thus I have no reason to feel proud of it. I will however go to bat for people who look like my family and represent our interests......and that is neither the democratic or republican party.  AGAIN, WE AGREE, PARTIALLY.  HOWEVER, I AM PARTICULARLY AND SPECIFICALLY PROUD TO BE BLACK AND AN AMERICAN.  IT HAS BEEN MY EXPERIENCE THAT DEMOCRATIC PARTY HAS AND CONTINUES TO REPRESENT MY INTERESTS.  ...AND I KNOW THIS IN VERY TANGIBLE WAYS.  AS YOU STATED THAT HAS NOT BEEN YOU EXPERIENCE, BUT THEN I AM AT LEAST 30 YEARS OLDER THAN YOU WITH A BIT MORE LIFE EXPERIENCE.

5. Judging a person on their skin is definitely wrong...we are in agreement. D'ACCORD!

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2012, 07:44:21 AM »
I FORGOT TO MENTION BELOW THAT I WAS NOT BORN IN A HOSPITAL IN BALTIMORE BUT IN MY GRANDFATHERS HOUSE IN PORTSMOUTH, VIRGINIA WHERE MY GRANDMOTHER WAS THE MIDWIFE WHO WELCOMED ME INTO THE WORLD.  YOU SEE BACK THEN THE HOSPITALS IN VIRGINIA DID NOT ALLOW BLACK PATIENTS AND THE CLOSEST BLACK HOSPITAL WAS TOO FAR AWAY.  THAT WAS PRETTY COMMON FOR THOSE OF MY GENERATION.  THAT IS A WORLD AND TIME THAT YOU NEYMAR KNOW ABSOLUTELY NOTHING OF.

Offline Cholly

• Assistant GM
  • ^Olds**ts, DUMBASSwh?y & mrwh?yers**ts Prez & Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2012, 09:25:39 AM »
COL, we were also struck by the contrast between the audiences at the two conventions. Last night we saw ALL races, ages, religions, genders, economic classes, and sexual preferences. The crowd looked like AMERICA in ALL it's diversity.

I was also struck by the number of entertainers and otherwise famous people in attendance at the DNC. Actors and actresses and singers.

Last week we saw overwhelmingly older WHITE people with money.  :shrug:

And that's just the optics; let's not even TALK aout the difference in message, coordination, and presentation.  So far THIS Convention is MUCH BETTER than the gop CONvention. ;D

^^^SPEAKS FOR ITSELF!!!

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule