News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: The Failure of Supply-Side Economics  (Read 2686 times)

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: The Failure of Supply-Side Economics
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2012, 03:39:45 PM »
OS post ^ ^ ^ is hilariously sad on a number of levels.

First off, he is using his "massa, we sick" voice talking to a white man about "these K-----s."  Still trying to ingratiate himself to some anonymous dude on the Internet 'cause he's white and hoping that he'll get enough "brown nose" points from highlander so he can be considered an "exception."
:no:..............my dear Brutha Bison,

Initially I was going to lead off this response with THIS icon ( :lol:), but you have so accurately labeled our resident "Stepin' Fetchit" that his statements on this board are certainly more sad than humorous. 

When he resorts to that "cooning" act, its difficult to take seriously anything else he says. And that assumes, of course, that what he says can EVER be taken seriously.  ::)

God bless him.  :(

Offline uchighlander

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2012, 03:48:00 PM »
What happened they reduced your salary and working hours on  your job??--
Nope.....still working 40 plus.....I get cost of living raises....but I haven't recieved a bounus in 4 years. Hey....I consider myself one of the lucky ones....my job is a niche job that not many people can do. GO VIKINGS!!!

It's nice being a white male, doing accounting in California isn't it??? 

Especially with the security of a municipal job...  2012 minus 4 years is 2008, I hope you are not blaming the current administration for the problems that you and others are experiencing, this started under your beloved President George W Bush he had 8 years to mess things up for everyday JOES... 

It's gonna take about 8 years to repair this chit he has left behind - duh, with the tea party controlling the house it may take longer, since there are in the "don't do anything until after the November 2012 Presidential Election...   

I sense that chit is gonna back fire on their ignorant arses, LOL!!!       
Accounting??? Where did you get that idea? That's hardly a niche job.....and I work for a private company....family owned.....not a municipality. GO VIKINGS!!!

An engineering company that depend on gov't contracts....
Actually you are wrong....we try to stay away from government contracts....to many hoops to jump through. GO VIKINGS!!!

You're telling us that your firm has never gotten any government contracts?
Well....we've been in business since 1945 so we may have but I've only worked here since 1978.....so my answer is...not in my memory. GO VIKINGS!!!

Offline MisterIkester

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2012, 06:30:09 PM »
OS doesn't have to ingratiate himself to me or anyone else Bison.
[/quote]

Sir, you're right; he doesn't have to ingratiate himself to anybody. He does so on a daily basis, but he doesn't have to.

What else do you expect from a guy who places the white vote on a pedestal, but once claimed to be a member of a task force in which one of its goals is to suppress the black vote?
"I love America more than any other country in this world, and, exactly for this reason, I insist on the right to criticize her perpetually." -James Baldwin

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2012, 07:04:17 PM »
Nope.....still working 40 plus.....I get cost of living raises....but I haven't recieved a bounus in 4 years. Hey....I consider myself one of the lucky ones....my job is a niche job that not many people can do. GO VIKINGS!!!

Especially with the security of a municipal job...  2012 minus 4 years is 2008, I hope you are not blaming the current administration for the problems that you and others are experiencing, this started under your beloved President George W Bush he had 8 years to mess things up for everyday JOES... 

It's gonna take about 8 years to repair this chit he has left behind - duh, with the tea party controlling the house it may take longer, since there are in the "don't do anything until after the November 2012 Presidential Election...   

Accounting??? Where did you get that idea? That's hardly a niche job.....and I work for a private company....family owned.....not a municipality. GO VIKINGS!!!

Actually you are wrong....we try to stay away from government contracts....to many hoops to jump through. GO VIKINGS!!!

Well....we've been in business since 1945 so we may have but I've only worked here since 1978.....so my answer is...not in my memory. GO VIKINGS!!!

Really? Isn't the Riverside Public Financing Authority a government agency? ???

Isn't Riverside County administration a government agency? ???

The Redevelopment Agency of the City of Chino? ???

Weren't those contract written in the last decade? ???

:nono2: Keep trying me...

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
  • What I discovered about my Ancestor was AMAZING!
    • View Profile
    • CLANDESTINE - The Book
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2012, 07:09:05 PM »
OS post ^ ^ ^ is hilariously sad on a number of levels.

First off, he is using his "massa, we sick" voice talking to a white man about "these K-----s."  Still trying to ingratiate himself to some anonymous dude on the Internet 'cause he's white and hoping that he'll get enough "brown nose" points from highlander so he can be considered an "exception."

Secondly, he makes the highly questionable claim that "whatever form capitalism appeared it created more wealth."  Yes, using genocide to eliminate native peoples and steal their land by force and deceit while forcing free labor for hundreds of years does tend to be profitable no matter how immoral, sinful and against God's word it might be. 

So wealth was created for whom?
  Yep, wealth was created by and for the slavers, the robber baron's, the sweatshop owners and those who sold out their moral beliefs to get their little slice of the blood-stained loot.

But those who died in the Middle Passage and in the Americas, Africa and Asia so that others could be wealthy were not even mentioned in the will.

So, OS is deluded (What's new?) and thinking that he is included in those who amassed wealth.

And of course his belief in white so-called supremacy and African/Black inferiority make him believe that it was all justified 'cause - no matter that millions of Black & Indigenous folks, including children, were harmed or killed - as long as wealthy capitalists shared a few crumbs with the merchant class and others, it's perfectly fine.

Pi-ti-ful!
O0

OS doesn't have to ingratiate himself to me or anyone else Bison. It's really amazing to me....with all the highly educated people on this board......when the liberals on this board disagree with someone it always reverts to name calling and derisive comments about peoples character and beliefs. I know...it comes from the coservative side too so don't go all postal on me. GO VIKINGS!!!

highlander, you are quite right.  He "doesn't have to" in any kind of rational way.  But his deep-seated feelings of inferiority are not rational and so some of his behavior IS irrational.

Postal, no.  But there is NOT an equivalency as you imply.  OS, for example, BEGINS his threads with insults.  Once when y04 attempted to make a similar point as yours, I provided the evidence that what he said and what you imply is not true.

Speaking for myself, and as I have said before, I don't believe in unilateral disarmament, so you can count on me to respond to name-calling in not such a gentlemanly way.  So, if that is an equivalency, we'll have to agree to disagree.

I prefer and seek out intelligent exchange, but I find that most of the Conservatives here are not prepared for it.
O0

Offline uchighlander

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2012, 10:17:59 AM »

Doing your homework I see. Redevelopement Agencies don't exist here in California anymore...FYI....None of the contracts that I work on are paid by any governmental agency....they are paid by the landowners through taxes and assessments. GO VIKINGS!!!

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2012, 12:33:54 PM »

Doing your homework I see. Redevelopement Agencies don't exist here in California anymore...FYI....None of the contracts that I work on are paid by any governmental agency....they are paid by the landowners through taxes and assessments. GO VIKINGS!!!

Cite one landowner who awarded your firm a contract based on the posts above?

Offline EB

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2012, 02:05:49 PM »
Let's not forget about this.

----------

Beating Back the CEO Attack on Social Security and Medicare

Dean Baker
Center for Economic and Policy Research / Op-Ed
Published: Tuesday 7 August 2012
“The CEOs want to do this behind closed doors because they know that politicians who have to answer to their constituencies will never be able to get away with these cuts. The key is to force the debate into the sunlight.”

Last week I wrote about the conspiracy of corporate chieftains to impose a budget plan involving large cuts to Social Security and Medicare, regardless of who wins the elections in November. According to veteran Washington Post columnist Steven Pearlstein, who wrote approvingly of these efforts, many of the top executives of the country’s biggest companies are meeting behind closed doors to design such a budget plan.

This plan is expected to follow the designs of the plan crafted two years ago byMorgan Stanley Director Erskine Bowles and former Senator Alan Simpson, the co-directors of President Obama’s deficit commission. The Bowles-Simpson plan called for a reduction in the annual cost-of-living adjustment for Social Security that is equivalent to a 3 percent cut in benefits. It also called for gradually raising the normal retirement age to 69 and phasing in lower benefits for workers who earned more than $40,000 a year. The Bowles-Simpson plan would also raise the age of eligibility for Medicare to 67.

Offline uchighlander

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2012, 02:23:29 PM »

Brookfield Homes. GO VIKINGS!!!

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2012, 04:15:40 PM »

Nice try, but Brookfield Homes was not mentioned in the "posts above". Maybe you misunderstood the question... Cite one landowner who awarded your firm a contract through the governments listed in the above post?

Offline uchighlander

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2012, 10:50:55 AM »

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
  • What I discovered about my Ancestor was AMAZING!
    • View Profile
    • CLANDESTINE - The Book
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2012, 01:27:41 AM »
[/quote]

highlander,

Let me see if I understand your terminology.
You seem to be saying that because taxes and assessments are paid by landowners that go to govt entities, who then use the funds for projects do not make those govt projects?
Is that it?
I must admit that even framing this question was difficult because the logic is so twisted.
O0
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 01:32:30 AM by Bison66 »

Offline jag4life

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://www.southernjags.com
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2012, 01:35:31 PM »
I guess he's saying that there is no such thing as a government project.

Offline Meciber 202

• Assistant GM
  • We're Baaacck! MEAC Baby! 2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2012, 02:44:19 PM »
Two pages and I think the lightbulb finally coming on for uchi  :snicker I think it's almost time where he, Uchi gets himself wrapped and confused ... :lol: his next response (if he still here  :tiptoe: ) should be I don't know what I meant but I'm sticking by my answer  :lol:
and he'll just repeat last answer  :lmao:
2006 HBCU National Champions - NC Central University

Don't forget secret GOP strategy meetings sponsored by Koch bros: attendees included Congressmen, Governors, CEOs, National Chamber of Congress, and two Supreme Court Judges; all united to put GOP back in power. Could SC Judges be bought? smh

Offline uchighlander

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2012, 05:47:50 PM »

highlander,

Let me see if I understand your terminology.
You seem to be saying that because taxes and assessments are paid by landowners that go to govt entities, who then use the funds for projects do not make those govt projects?
Is that it?
I must admit that even framing this question was difficult because the logic is so twisted.
O0
[/quote] Those taxes and assessment don't pay for the projects....those projects have already been constructed with bond proceeds. GO VIKINGS!!!

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule