News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: Rick Santorum plays the race card in Iowa  (Read 7566 times)

Offline MisterIkester

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: Rick Santorum plays the race card in Iowa
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2012, 01:08:14 PM »
It's nice to know that Mr. Santorum has y's vote.

But it's sad to know that unlike highlander, he doesn't know racism when he sees it.
"I love America more than any other country in this world, and, exactly for this reason, I insist on the right to criticize her perpetually." -James Baldwin

Offline oldsport

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2012, 02:25:44 PM »
You K----s have a dyam nerve....You play the dyam race card every chance you get....

Listen to a great speech. Whether it's Romney or Rick...I for either one to take Barry down....

Offline MisterIkester

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2012, 03:12:20 PM »
It's nice to know that OS has Mr. Santorum's back...

...until he bows down during the primaries or loses in the election, then he'll throw him under the bus and call him a wimp/loser/RINO.

Right, Mr. McCain?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 03:19:52 PM by MisterIkester »
"I love America more than any other country in this world, and, exactly for this reason, I insist on the right to criticize her perpetually." -James Baldwin

Offline oldsport

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2012, 03:19:36 PM »
It's nice to know the OS has Mr. Santorums back...

...until he bows down during the primaries or loses in the election, then he'll throw him under the bus and call him a loser.

Right, Mr. McCain?

I haven't thrown anyone running in the Republican primary under the bus. Whatever one of the individuals left standing will be 10 times better than Barry.

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2012, 03:21:38 PM »
You people must have forgotten about the racist things democrats have said about Obama.  Santorum said nothing wrong.  Blacks make up 12.6% of the population.  According to you people Blacks make up 36% of welfare recipients.  Yet, you people see nothing wrong with that.  You people are sad.
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline MisterIkester

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2012, 03:42:06 PM »

"That clown had my back when all of those pank toes tried to come at me, but as soon as that redbone Ginger said we were f**kbuddies for 13 years, he started talkin' some ole' bulls**t 'bout how I should "do the right thing" and step down. I haven't heard from him since. 'Lil Ricky can have him."

Offline 81alphaeagle

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2012, 09:57:51 PM »
Rick Santorum did not say anything racist.  Give me three reasons why he should do anything to help Blacks.  Especially since Blacks aren't going to vote for him.  At least he isn't taking Black votes for granted.  He's not telling you people on this board to shut up and put on your marching shoes. 

You sound like a nut. If his issue is with those who receive welfare, the phrasing should have been "welfare recipients." That is all encompassing - white/black/hispanic/asian. He specifically said "black" - implying that he doesn't mind giving others help as long as they are NOT black. Sorry, but THAT is racist... :nod:

In other words , he does not mind giving white folks money.  But not black folk.

Offline SIUspectator

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2012, 09:59:39 PM »
Rick Santorum did not say anything racist.  Give me three reasons why he should do anything to help Blacks.  Especially since Blacks aren't going to vote for him.  At least he isn't taking Black votes for granted.  He's not telling you people on this board to shut up and put on your marching shoes. 

You sound like a nut. If his issue is with those who receive welfare, the phrasing should have been "welfare recipients." That is all encompassing - white/black/hispanic/asian. He specifically said "black" - implying that he doesn't mind giving others help as long as they are NOT black. Sorry, but THAT is racist... :nod:
I agree with you wholeheartedly! :clap:  I didn't ask Rick Santorum for anything. :thefan:  He doesn't speak for me or my interest and I don't appreciate the generalization.  He is my definition of scum, a true lowlife and that's not the first time he has made racist statements.

Offline Cholly

• Assistant GM
  • ^Olds**ts, DUMBASSwh?y & mrwh?yers**ts Prez & Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2012, 11:04:40 PM »
Tell us how you REALLY feel...  ;D

^^^SPEAKS FOR ITSELF!!!

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2012, 08:22:42 AM »
Why lie???

Rick Santorum Denies Making 'Black People' Remarks, Claims To Be 'Bigger Player' In 2012 Primary Race

Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum denied recently making comments about "black people's lives" after receiving criticism for the remarks.

Santorum took heat after saying, "I don't want to make black people's lives better by giving them somebody else's money." During an appearance on FOX News Channel's "The O'Reilly Factor," he denied ever making the comments, saying the remark was the result of "a little bit of a blurred word."

"I looked at that, and I didn't say that," Santorum told O'Reilly. "If you look at it, what I started to say is a word and then sort of changed and it sort of -- blah -- came out. And people said I said 'black.' I didn't."

The GOP hopeful touted his past help of black colleges to further defend himself against criticism over the claims.

"And I can tell you, I don't use -- I don't -- first off, I don't use the term 'black' very often. I use the term 'African-American' more than I use 'black," Santorum said. "I can tell you as someone who did more work for historically black colleges, I used to have -- every year, I used to bring all the historically black colleges into Washington, DC to try to help them, because they get very little federal money through the bureaucracy, and so I help to try to introduce them to people in the Department of Education so they could have more resources."

Santorum also got defensive over his presidential run less than a day after he took a close second place at the 2012 Iowa Caucuses, saying this campaign "isn't my first rodeo."

"I've been in a lot of tough campaigns in Pennsylvania," Santorum said when asked if he is "ready to be demonized."

"We're going to have resources," Santorum said. "We're going to be a much bigger player than I think everybody anticipates right now."

Offline Cholly

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2012, 08:43:52 AM »
Do these people think we are STUPID?

It's 2011... and they still think they can get away with saying racist stuff then pretending like they didn't when the backlash comes? ::)

He knew EXACTLY what he was doing... he should be smart enough and MAN enough to stick by it.  :tiptoe:

^^^SPEAKS FOR ITSELF!!!

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
  • What I discovered about my Ancestor was AMAZING!
    • View Profile
    • CLANDESTINE - The Book
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2012, 09:54:53 AM »
Soflo
Why lie?

Cholly
He knew EXACTLY what he was doing... he should be smart enough and MAN enough to stick by it.

PRE-CISE-LY!!!!!

Do we now wait for the speech pathology experts to examine the tape to determine if the "ack" sound was at the end of the "blah" word? 

Has there been another occasion when he said "blah" while searching for the correct word?

Will a reporter ask him what word he was "going to say" when he changed his mind? 

What other word fits there?

I'll be bet that Alum 87 and Ikester have some words to fill in the blank!!!!

How about, for starters, "blah" = BANKERS ??
O0

Offline Cholly

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2012, 09:58:12 AM »
 ;)

^^^SPEAKS FOR ITSELF!!!

Offline oldsport

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2012, 10:05:45 AM »
I AND MOST FAIR MINDED AMERICANS ARE JUST ABOUT SICK OF CERTAIN K----S TRYING TO FIND A RACIST BOGEYMAN BEHIND ANY WHITE'S NON-RACIST COMMENTS, IDEOLOGY OR POLITICS THAT YOU [IDIOTS] DON'T AGREE WITH.

Offline uchighlander

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2012, 10:18:49 AM »
Obviously Santorum doesn't realize that there are more whites on public assistance these days than Blacks. But I understand what kind of people he's trying to appeal to...
Of course there are.......blacks make up ...... what.....12% of the population. I guess a better question is .....what % of blacks vs. whites are on public asisstance. GO VIKINGS!!!

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule