News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: Rick Santorum plays the race card in Iowa  (Read 7567 times)

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
Re: Rick Santorum plays the race card in Iowa
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2012, 04:46:48 PM »
I THINK IT IS GENERALLY WELL KNOWN BY ONNIDAN POSTERS WHERE I STAND REGARDING THE GOP AND RACE.  HAVING SAID THAT, I DO NOT BELIEVE SANTORUM'S STATEMENT REGARDING BLACKS ON WELFARE WERE SO MUCH RACIST AS THEY DISPLAYED AN IGNORANCE OF THE FACTS.  A GREAT MANY WHITES WHOM I HAVE INFORMED THAT WHITES WERE THE LARGEST SINGLE GROUP OF WELFARE RECEPIENTS, WERE VERY SURPRISED AT THIS FACT.  SANTORUM'S RESPONSE SUPPORTED THE EXPERIENCE I HAD MOSTLY ENCOUNTERED WITH WHITES.
2X CIAA FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS - 2019 & 2020

Online Bison66

• Assistant GM
  • What I discovered about my Ancestor was AMAZING!
    • View Profile
    • CLANDESTINE - The Book
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2012, 07:07:15 PM »
FAN,

I feel you on that.

For me there is the lurking feeling of what is behind Santorum's statement that makes me uncomfortable.  But that is par for the course for those who have not taken the time to dig beyond the surface to gain an understanding from a different perspective.

O0

Offline Cholly

• Assistant GM
  • ^Olds**ts, DUMBASSwh?y & mrwh?yers**ts Prez & Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2012, 08:44:59 AM »
I THINK IT IS GENERALLY WELL KNOWN BY ONNIDAN POSTERS WHERE I STAND REGARDING THE GOP AND RACE.  HAVING SAID THAT, I DO NOT BELIEVE SANTORUM'S STATEMENT REGARDING BLACKS ON WELFARE WERE SO MUCH RACIST AS THEY DISPLAYED AN IGNORANCE OF THE FACTS.  A GREAT MANY WHITES WHOM I HAVE INFORMED THAT WHITES WERE THE LARGEST SINGLE GROUP OF WELFARE RECEPIENTS, WERE VERY SURPRISED AT THIS FACT.  SANTORUM'S RESPONSE SUPPORTED THE EXPERIENCE I HAD MOSTLY ENCOUNTERED WITH WHITES.

You sir, are an honerable man. You therefore attribute that characteristic to others because it is the right thing to do.

HALF of my family is white.. both on my fathers side AND my wifes side. I work with almost ALL white people. I train and audit white people.

Let me tell you, anyone smart enough to win Statewide elected office like santorum is smart enough to know how to manipulate his political base with key words, phrases and actions.

Have NO doubt that santorum knew EXACTLY what he was doing, and since his performance in Iowa seemed to justify the tactic, expect a hellova lot more of the same from now on. >:(

^^^SPEAKS FOR ITSELF!!!

Offline EB

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile

Offline Cholly

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2012, 10:09:04 AM »
^^^Speaks for itself...  >:(

^^^SPEAKS FOR ITSELF!!!

Offline Golden Kitten

• Assistant GM
  • Student Advokitty/Fashion Police
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2012, 10:31:49 AM »
And of course he would say it in Iowa because he can get away with it there. You notice he didn't say it in Harrisburg, Pitt or Philly... ::)

Teeny and Little

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2012, 10:36:12 AM »
And of course he would say it in Iowa because he can get away with it there. You notice he didn't say it in Harrisburg, Pitt or Philly... ::)

:nod:

Running a campaign based on one group's hate of another is despicable, IMO....

Offline Cholly

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2012, 10:38:24 AM »
Let me tell you, anyone smart enough to win Statewide elected office like santorum is smart enough to know how to manipulate his political base with key words, phrases and actions.

Have NO doubt that santorum knew EXACTLY what he was doing, and since his performance in Iowa seemed to justify the tactic, expect a hellova lot more of the same from now on. >:(

^^^SPEAKS FOR ITSELF!!!

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2012, 10:58:53 AM »

:nod:

Referring to the wing nuts of the Republican party: "They are like almond joy." "Sometimes they feel like the nut and sometimes they don't."....Dick Harpootlian, Democratic Party Chairman for South Carolina.

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2012, 11:21:04 AM »
Rick Santorum did not say anything racist.  Give me three reasons why he should do anything to help Blacks.  Especially since Blacks aren't going to vote for him.  At least he isn't taking Black votes for granted.  He's not telling you people on this board to shut up and put on your marching shoes. 
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline Cholly

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2012, 11:24:47 AM »
SUDDENLY this song comes to mind....

::)

^^^SPEAKS FOR ITSELF!!!

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2012, 11:32:44 AM »
SUDDENLY this song comes to mind....

::)

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Offline Golden Kitten

• Assistant GM
  • Student Advokitty/Fashion Police
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2012, 11:56:32 AM »
Rick Santorum did not say anything racist.  Give me three reasons why he should do anything to help Blacks.  Especially since Blacks aren't going to vote for him.  At least he isn't taking Black votes for granted.  He's not telling you people on this board to shut up and put on your marching shoes. 

You sound like a nut. If his issue is with those who receive welfare, the phrasing should have been "welfare recipients." That is all encompassing - white/black/hispanic/asian. He specifically said "black" - implying that he doesn't mind giving others help as long as they are NOT black. Sorry, but THAT is racist... :nod:

Teeny and Little

Offline Bison 4 Life

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2012, 12:03:04 PM »
No wonder he lost by nineteen points on the failed reelection bid. :tiptoe:

Offline Cholly

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2012, 12:18:52 PM »

You sound like a nut. If his issue is with those who receive welfare, the phrasing should have been "welfare recipients." That is all encompassing - white/black/hispanic/asian. He specifically said "black" - implying that he doesn't mind giving others help as long as they are NOT black. Sorry, but THAT is racist... :nod:

It's OK GK; just grab a tall glass of milk...

^^^SPEAKS FOR ITSELF!!!

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule