News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: FAMU - Investigators discover fraud  (Read 7325 times)

Offline WileECoyote06

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: FAMU - Investigators discover fraud
« Reply #60 on: December 16, 2011, 11:10:22 AM »
[

While there may be some animosity between some posters, I doubt very seriously if there are any posters who are doing a  "happy dance".that a fellow HBCU is in trouble. This is an opinion board with some very opinionated  people   I just find  it more prudent not to speculate.  I will comment when the investigation is completed.  Regardless of the outcome this will be a blot on FAMU and HBCUs in general,. Even if FAMU is found not responsible  the media will not retract .  The damage is already done.  That is why I pray for FAMU.
Mr. Que,

Along with your previous post on this thread, I applaud THIS^^^^comment for being reasonable and balanced.  I must respectfully disagree with you, however, in your opinion that no posters are doing a "happy dance" over the crisis at FAMU.  The university has its detractors, a good number of them on this board.  Looking objectively, it may very well be that those who DO revel in FAMU's current troubles have felt aggrieved, slighted, insulted by FAMU or its representatives in the past.

While no doubt the FAMU marching band has brought the university great acclaim, perhaps too often other HBCU marching bands felt slighted by all the attention shown the 100rd.  I have been present on too many occasions at FAMU football games and have listened to insults and taunts by FAMU supporters toward the visiting marching band.  Perhaps that, too, will stop.

Anyway, I thank the bosses at onnidan for providing this forum for the dissemination of ALL views.  :clap:

From what I have observed, what you guys are seeing is a result of some very hurtful personal comments that were made about Drumma.  While he said it did not bother him when they were made it is obvious by his posts that it hurt more than he let on.  What you are seeing now is IMHO "get back" for the insults and hurtful comments.  While you apologized, others did not and continue to insult.  I think he is using this situation to hurt you guys like you hurt him.  He hasn't said much that was different than others have said but because he does not seem to be liked by most of the Rattler posters, ya'll seem to be highlighting what he posts. This thing has gotten waaaaaay to personal.

That's the way I see it as well.    :nod:

Offline Cholly

• Assistant GM
  • ^Oldshits, DUMBASSwh?y & mrwh?yershits Prez & Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 17, 2011, 09:36:01 AM »
...This is an opinion board with some very opinionated  people   I just find  it more prudent not to speculate.  I will comment when the investigation is completed.  Regardless of the outcome this will be a blot on FAMU and HBCUs in general,. Even if FAMU is found not responsible  the media will not retract .  The damage is already done.  That is why I pray for FAMU.

2 things:

Your FIRST comment is VERY reasonable and mature; in effect, an attitude and approach that we ALL should have taken from the beginning. THANK YOU.

Second, I don't think people appreciate the importance or gravity of your SECOND comment. As it stands, the outcome of the Champion investigation will NOT influence public opinion... even if it is conclusively determined that the University was not at fault or only had minor responsibility in the incident. The damage is done... and as you quite correctly said, not just to FAMU.

WELL SAID on both counts.

I only wish that people had the insight to realize that white America paints us all with the SAME brush...  :no:

^^^SPEAKS FOR ITSELF!!!

Offline Cholly

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 17, 2011, 09:38:51 AM »
[

While there may be some animosity between some posters, I doubt very seriously if there are any posters who are doing a  "happy dance".that a fellow HBCU is in trouble. This is an opinion board with some very opinionated  people   I just find  it more prudent not to speculate.  I will comment when the investigation is completed.  Regardless of the outcome this will be a blot on FAMU and HBCUs in general,. Even if FAMU is found not responsible  the media will not retract .  The damage is already done.  That is why I pray for FAMU.
Mr. Que,

Along with your previous post on this thread, I applaud THIS^^^^comment for being reasonable and balanced.  I must respectfully disagree with you, however, in your opinion that no posters are doing a "happy dance" over the crisis at FAMU.  The university has its detractors, a good number of them on this board.  Looking objectively, it may very well be that those who DO revel in FAMU's current troubles have felt aggrieved, slighted, insulted by FAMU or its representatives in the past.

While no doubt the FAMU marching band has brought the university great acclaim, perhaps too often other HBCU marching bands felt slighted by all the attention shown the 100rd.  I have been present on too many occasions at FAMU football games and have listened to insults and taunts by FAMU supporters toward the visiting marching band.  Perhaps that, too, will stop.

Anyway, I thank the bosses at onnidan for providing this forum for the dissemination of ALL views.  :clap:

From what I have observed, what you guys are seeing is a result of some very hurtful personal comments that were made about Drumma.  While he said it did not bother him when they were made it is obvious by his posts that it hurt more than he let on.  What you are seeing now is IMHO "get back" for the insults and hurtful comments.  While you apologized, others did not and continue to insult.  I think he is using this situation to hurt you guys like you hurt him.  He hasn't said much that was different than others have said but because he does not seem to be liked by most of the Rattler posters, ya'll seem to be highlighting what he posts. This thing has gotten waaaaaay to personal.

I missed those posts about Drumma.  Had I known I would have come to his defense. 

Maybe he can provide links to them? Show us were people attacked him and made it personal?

:shrug:

^^^SPEAKS FOR ITSELF!!!

Online Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 17, 2011, 09:47:15 AM »
^^^^
Cholly, this probably best left alone.  Strike79 has admitted his part in it and has been man enough to apologize.  That should be proof enough that it happened.  I just hope that cooler heads prevail and we can move on to having more productive debates/conversations.  I just find it amazing that some folks let what is posted on a message board to have such a profound affect on them.  I refuse to give anyone I don't know or do know that much control over me.  I can't control what others do but I can control how I respond to it.  :shrug:
Never discuss cheese with a rat, bread with a bird or make moves with a snake.

Trying to light Que82 up like a 4th of July firecracker

Offline Cholly

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 17, 2011, 10:06:35 AM »
Duly noted.

^^^SPEAKS FOR ITSELF!!!

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News