News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: Madonna to headline Super Bowl halftime show  (Read 5003 times)

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • Yep!
    • View Profile
Madonna to headline Super Bowl halftime show
« on: December 06, 2011, 10:03:50 AM »

CNN) -- Madonna will take center stage at halftime of Super Bowl XLVI, flanked by Cirque du Soleil performers in what traditionally is one of the year's most watched shows.

The NFL announced Sunday night, in a press release, that the Michigan-born singer would headline the halftime show on February 5, 2012, at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis.

She follows other high-profile acts in recent years, including the Black Eyed Peas and Usher during the most recent edition of pro football's championship game at Cowboys Stadium in Texas.

Other past performers including Bruce Springsteen, Prince, The Rolling Stones and Paul McCartney. The halftime show has also been the subject of controversy, specifically in 2004 during Janet Jackson's infamous "wardrobe malfunction" while singing alongside Justin Timberlake.

The league calls the show "the most-watched musical event of the year," with more than 162 million people tuning in last year in the United States alone.

read more:
http://www.cnn.com/2011/12/04/showbiz/madonna-super-bowl-show/index.html?hpt=hp_bn7

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: Madonna to headline Super Bowl halftime show
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 03:20:51 PM »
 :clap: :clap: :clap:
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline Pmist

• Assistant GM
  • Class of 2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 04:56:34 AM »
Its been 8 years and they are still bring up the Janet Jackson thing. God MOVE ON PEOPLE!  :tiptoe: 

Madonna is alright but its nothing thats going to make me tune in for it.  I will be making a snack run most likely. :lol:

FVSU BMMB

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • Yep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2011, 08:48:36 AM »
Please, you can see tiddys all day and nekidness on tv on several networks, programs, etc. Its boobs galore across commercials, shows, videos, magazine covers, I still don't see what the big deal was that she showed her tiddy....other than me drooling [I can wipe it up, no problem], they carry on as if she was F--king Justin in front of the super bowl audience. Whatdafuggever!!!  ::)

Madonna, yeah, I'll take her over some tired po'butt Country Western act.  Really the whole superbowl halftime is sooo hyped up  with a bigasss letdown [like award shows, which is why I stopped watching them] once its over. Mostly, I've always been left with... "uuuh, that's it?"   :shrug: kinda feeling.

Even the commercials ain't as captivating as years passed. I hardly pay attention to those anymore either.  ::)

Offline Brother Tony

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2011, 11:03:23 AM »
I'LL MAKE IT A POINT TO BE EATING MY AZZZ OFF WHILE SHE'S SINGING THAT OLE SCHIT!  :nod:
I BET DR. CAPLER WILL BE ALL UP IN HIS 3-D TV TRYING TO TONGUE KISS HER.  :shrug:
TUSKEGEE.....THE GIFT THAT KEEPS ON GIVING!

"BRINGING THE WORLD TO TUSKEGEE AND TUSKEGEE TO THE WORLD"

Offline Dog in Me

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2011, 12:51:19 PM »
That Janet Jackson mess is sooooo hypocritical. They pulled the "what will our children think" card.

During that same SB there was a very (IMO) risque' ad featuring two scantily clad women wrestling with each other. I think it was a Bud commercial.

How bout the commercial with the lady washing a car getting all wet advertising for a hamburger. Think it was Paris Hilton.

Prior to that SB and after and still today there are tv ads, tv shows, beach volley ball, girls volleyball....................

Offline Golden Kitten

• Assistant GM
  • Student Advokitty/Fashion Police
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2011, 01:43:55 PM »
GoDaddy.com...
 :tiptoe:

Teeny and Little

Offline Dog in Me

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2011, 02:05:51 PM »
LOL thanks Golden Kitten. My memory is not what it used to be.

Offline Brother Tony

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2011, 02:46:50 PM »
 :snicker
Welcome to the "SOMETIMERS" Club  :nod:
Sometimes we remember, Sometime we don't  :shrug:

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2011, 10:20:21 AM »
Oh well! I usually don't watch the halftime show anyway. It's on in the background but I'm usually replenishing the food and snacks in between an adult libation or two.

[img width=132 height=200]https://scontent-mia3-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/67371432_10156326345266884_1713769312054935552_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_oc=AQlfdZ935sl6FE5MZj_9zJ_1NUIg_F99ny8wv6p9o2iM8HzSKv6gn5rTxESyOfGqrv0&_nc_ht=s

Offline Brother Tony

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2011, 10:34:59 AM »
DAYUM RIGHT!  :clap: :nod:
PLUS....SOME "OW SUPER BOWL REPORTER" WILL TELL US WHAT SHE DID, SHOULDN'T HAVE DONE, HOW SHE DID IT, WHY SHE DID IT AND.....DON'T DO DAT SCHIT NO-DAYUM-MORE!  :shrug:

MIGHTY MIGHTY O'JAYS FOR HALFTIME 2013  :nod: :clap:

Offline Bison 4 Life

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2011, 09:59:18 PM »
Quit hating Madge is a great performer with alot thirty years of hits.

Offline Pmist

• Assistant GM
  • Class of 2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2011, 01:47:55 AM »
Whos is hating on her?  People just are not breaking their necks to see her peform. If that is what is considered hate then guilty as charged.  :shrug: 

FVSU BMMB

Offline Brother Tony

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2011, 09:54:57 AM »
"SCRAIGHT HATE"  :nod:
THROW THE DAYUM BOOK AT ME  :shrug:
LOCK ME UP IN VALLEY GIRLS BASEMENT  ;) ;D :nod:

Offline Callystarr

• Assistant GM
  • ..I'm jus sayin..
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2011, 05:22:15 PM »

Wow Madonna is like the best female performer ever.... :nod:

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in.

=OW=

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News