News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: Aggie-Eagle 2011 Clips  (Read 5625 times)

Offline eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Aggie-Eagle 2011 Clips
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2011, 08:45:34 PM »
What's funny is.....if you go to the 5th quarter, everyone from A&T thinks that NCCU did a better job! lol

http://forum.the5thquarter.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13025

And I agree with them! A&T sounded out of balance!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NCCU put a nice whooping on them! Good job eagles! And I also could barely hear A&T from our side during halftime......b/c you faced your home side! dork.

I tried to tell them. :nod:  Both bands have two different styles and I enjoyed both of them.  The large part of a marching band is the sound.  To say that Central band sounded good but they left a lot to be desired doesn't make sense.    I must give a hand to both bands for doing what they do. :clap:  Still laughing about that flag thing though. :tiptoe: :lol:
Whether great or small, victory is victory!

Offline Decks

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2011, 12:19:09 AM »
My objective opinion. A&T was a bit over the top. NCCU was a bit to conservative.  I think "over the top" won out.

Offline Callystarr

• Assistant GM
  • ..I'm jus sayin..
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2011, 11:00:38 AM »
The Sound Machine showed out. :clap:  I am sure Bro. filmed the halftime show. 

Showed out??? :lmao:

Did they have a performance or something after the A&T game? We could barely hear them over on our side...People started booing them to get off the field....

The SM seemed like they were missing an extra spark or something Saturday they just seemed to be going through the motions all day....

I heard my Eagles just fine.  You guys sound wasn't that loud to us either.  I guess because your band didn't play toward us like our band did.  Trust me, you guys got booed by the Eagles to.  I didn't hear your boos.  One thing I like about the Sound Machine is that we don't need others to validate us to tell us how good we are.  You guys run to the 5th and talk all that junk  like you are in high school or something. 

Aggies, why does it take your band so long to get back in the stands? :shrug:  They miss the entire 1st & 3rd quarters. :lol:

I don't recall any Aggies running to the 5th pertaining to this game. If I recall some oldhead Aggies actually gave the sound machine some compliments  :no:

Offline Callystarr

• Assistant GM
  • ..I'm jus sayin..
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2011, 11:03:39 AM »
What's funny is.....if you go to the 5th quarter, everyone from A&T thinks that NCCU did a better job! lol

And I agree with them! A&T sounded out of balance!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NCCU put a nice whooping on them! Good job eagles! And I also could barely hear A&T from our side during halftime......b/c you faced your home side! dork.

Read out of context, there is a big difference between a whooping and sounding "out of balance" with several exclamation points.

NCCU was the better band in the 5th quarter, primarily because people do recognize a decent sound, as I've said all year this is probably the worst A&T band this millenia...a huge contrast form last years band which was probably my favorite since 2002.

Both bands were pretty evenly matched and brought contrast. This was one of NCCU's stronger showings this year....and good job.

Offline Callystarr

• Assistant GM
  • ..I'm jus sayin..
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2011, 11:04:38 AM »

Did I just see Pee Pee Face?

Offline Callystarr

• Assistant GM
  • ..I'm jus sayin..
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2011, 11:08:43 AM »

I tried to tell them. :nod:  Both bands have two different styles and I enjoyed both of them.  The large part of a marching band is the sound.  To say that Central band sounded good but they left a lot to be desired doesn't make sense.    I must give a hand to both bands for doing what they do. :clap:  Still laughing about that flag thing though. :tiptoe: :lol:

There is a lot to be desired in many marching bands...

NCCU compared to several marching bands do sound good...however, the difference between say NCCU and....Bethune, FAMU, Univ Arkansas Pine Bluff, Albany State, Norfolk State....

is large, because of the level of maturity.

NCCU sound is clean (for the most part)...but their sound is thin. Meaning they don't project. I am not even talking about "power". I'm talking about putting air in the horns and playing with and outside sound....like those bands listed. NCCU's sound is timid, especially in their middle brass...which is why many times their trumpets sound out of tune over the years...(this year is probably the best trumpet section that NCCU has ever had).

Now with that said I have never said that NCCU doesn't sound good...but they really don't put out much sound (except trombones do an excellent job projecting). I think if the rest of the sections would follow suit...NCCU would be well on their way.

But I also hate their arrangements....

I also enjoyed the WSSU vs. NCCU stand battle that they had at the Adrian Carroll BOTB. Fine lil battle.... :nod:

Offline Bro. Askia Musa Afiba

• Assistant GM
  • "Sound Machine" Band Booster & NCCU Eagle Club
    • View Profile
    • NCCU Eagles Fan Forum
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2011, 06:58:28 AM »
The Sound Machine showed out. :clap:  I am sure Bro. filmed the halftime show.  

(NCCU vs. NCA&T) Marching Sound Machine Performance - 11-19-2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7B0CSgM7ZQ&feature=youtu.be

Take care!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 07:00:37 AM by Bro. Askia Musa Afiba »

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News