News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.  "PERSONAL ATTACKS" will not be tolerated.  Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: You Don't Want to Miss This "Final" Word on Cornell West by P. Benjamin  (Read 464 times)

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
  • Adinkra Symbol for "Unbreakable" "Resilient"
    • View Profile
Playthell Benjamin has written an open letter to Cornell West.

http://commentariesonthetimes.wordpress.com/2011/08/30/an-open-letter-to-dr-cornell-west/

This is long, but worth it.
However, if you don't read anything else, at least check out the last two paragraphs:
If you are not the stealth provocateur out to do the president in for money or personal animosities fueled by envy, revenge or blind ambition, then you have misread your role and tragically squandered your splendid gifts worse than anyone I can think of now or in the distant past. Ten years ago you ran around the country urging people to vote for consumer advocate and political gadfly Ralph Nader rather than Al Gore, the Democratic candidate. And in doing so you helped to elect George W. Bush; if the 300,000 wayward Democrats had not voted for Nader in Florida, Al Gore’s margin of victory would have been so large that the controversy which put Bush in office would never have been an issue. Not only are you far too arrogant and self-righteous to fess up your role in this disaster, and seek forgiveness from the multitude of Americans who were injured or killed by Bush’s decisions on the economy, taxes, war and peace: You are doing it again!!!!!

It seems that you never learn, or you refuse to learn, but I warned you that your misguided preachment could result in the election of George Bush and it did. In fact, I published a commentary of several thousand words laying out the dimensions of the impending disaster titled “On Choosing the Lesser Evil” and I have posted it on this blog to remind people of the destructive role you played 10 years ago. It is inconceivable that you learned nothing from that experience; but alas, either you learned nothing or you are clear in your purpose to destroy the Presidency of President Obama no matter what. That would make you a helpful ally of the Tea Party if not an agent. Should these right wing anti-government zealots achieve total control of the US government; the sins that they commit against working people of all colors will also leave an indelible stain on your character. It would be poetic justice worthy of a Shakespearian tragedy to watch you wander about like Lady Macbeth crying “Out damned spot!’ in a futile attempt to white-wash your role as midwife to the calamity.

Whew!!
O0

Offline Jag6373

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
Re: You Don't Want to Miss This "Final" Word on Cornell West by P. Benjamin
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 09:31:34 AM »
I have been noticing Cornel West for a long time.  My assessment has been basically all hat and no cattle.

Offline 81alphaeagle

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2011, 05:41:27 PM »
Good Read Regard WEST.

Offline blue72

• Veteran
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2011, 04:20:58 AM »
- I agree with the acc :tongue2:essment of west, and the same can be said about tavis smiley,,, they talk, but have no solutions,,, just getting face time on tv and having people buy their books!
MMH(68-72)(Tenn State Uni-"Think,Work,Serve")

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
  • Adinkra Symbol for "Unbreakable" "Resilient"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2017, 01:48:12 AM »
Cornel West is now taking pot shots at Ta-Nehisi Coates..

https://www.theroot.com/did-cornel-west-come-for-ta-nehisi-coates-1821019747

O0
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 11:18:34 AM by Bison66 »

Offline Golden Kitten

• Assistant GM
  • Student Advokitty/Fashion Police
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2017, 01:35:28 PM »
Whew... :no:

Teeny and Little

Offline Cholly