News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: "Ball and Parlay"- TU Crimson Pipers 2011  (Read 953 times)

Offline AntonioM229

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
"Ball and Parlay"- TU Crimson Pipers 2011
« on: September 28, 2011, 03:10:05 PM »

Offline Pmist

• Assistant GM
  • Class of 2007
    • View Profile
Re: "Ball and Parlay"- TU Crimson Pipers 2011
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 01:37:28 AM »
One of my 2 favorite songs TU plays. :nod:  The thing with Ball and Parlay is that I like to hear it played under the shed. The crowd goes nuts and the song sounds better. :nod:

The other song I love to hear TU play that I have not played better is "Get it All". :nod: Those two make me bop my head and tap my foot every time! :nod:  I live and die for my FVSU BMMB but you give props where they are due! :nod:

FVSU BMMB

Offline lew9ball

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • http://TU
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2011, 12:25:24 PM »
One of my 2 favorite songs TU plays. :nod:  The thing with Ball and Parlay is that I like to hear it played under the shed. The crowd goes nuts and the song sounds better. :nod:

The other song I love to hear TU play that I have not played better is "Get it All". :nod: Those two make me bop my head and tap my foot every time! :nod:  I live and die for my FVSU BMMB but you give props where they are due! :nod:
^^^ Well thanks Pmist.  The BMMB are making great strides also, let's continue to support each other..... ;)
"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else"
                       Booker T. Washington

Offline Pmist

• Assistant GM
  • Class of 2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2011, 07:17:10 AM »
Lew,

Always!  :nod:  I love supporting! It comes naturally!  Tuskegee University as well as all other HBCU's hold a special place in my heart and I want all of them to succeed. :nod: I am still looking for a checkbook with mixtures of HBCU's in them. When I find it, I will buy that one  just to show my support. :nod:  Now my two that are closest to my heart are my beloved FVSU (no explanation needed here, or at least there should not need to be) and Morris Brown College. 

With the band programs it is the same thing. :nod: There are songs that I believe some bands can play better than others. Its no shade to the other bands, every band has a song that only they can play just right (This is my opinion now). Tuskegee plays those two songs, Albany State (mark this day in history, I will give ASU props on something) plays "Pretty Brown Eyes", Clark Atlanta plays "TeachMe" By Musiq Soulchild... etc..

Now with FVSU, they play a couple of ones that I love, but neither comes up to the love I have for our Alma Mater as well as when my FVSU BMMB plays "I'm So Glad". Sure ASU has their version as well as Morris Brown, FAMU, and others and they are all nice sounding but when my BMMB plays that song it lifts my heart and spirit. I have heard other people dog it and say they didn't play it as well as we did or they didn't play it right at all to which I respond "It sound perfect to me"  I love it and I love my FVSU. :nod:  We are making improvements to the BMMB and I think people are hearing and more importantly they are rallying behind the band and putting their money where their mouths are.  So, our band will continue to improve. THE SKY IS THE LIMIT AND I AM ON THE RIDE WITH THEM! LET'S GO WILDCATS!  ;D

Can ya dig it?  ;)

FVSU BMMB

Offline lew9ball

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • http://TU
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2011, 10:34:59 AM »

Pmist,

I see you know your HBCU band history very well. Keep me posted in ref. to HBCUs checkbook...sounds interesting.

Well we'll meet on the "battlefield" this evening....may the best team win and I enjoyed our band chat...... :popcorn:   ;)
"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else"
                       Booker T. Washington

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in.

=OW=

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News