News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: Maxine Waters (Dem. CA) responds to President Obama  (Read 2617 times)

Offline EB

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Maxine Waters (Dem. CA) responds to President Obama
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2011, 08:40:51 AM »
I agree with Maxine.  This President is so disappointing.  I am probably the most liberal person on this board, but, Obama has gone so far to the right and compromised (gave everything away except the kitchen sink) and got nothing in return.  Those right wing republicans are not going to vote for him.  Hell, they don't even respect him.  I do not have the same enthusiasm to return to the polls and pull the lever for him.  He has alienated his base.  Hell, he thinks blacks are going to vote for him just because...

P.S. Don't shoot the messenger.  I won't vote republican.  I just won't vote.

Vote.  I am not just talking about the presidential race but Congress and the others too.  (The republicans understand this better than the democrats, but that is for another discussion.)  If we get out their and vote people like John Kasich in Ohio, Rick Snyder in Michigan, Pyrush 'Bobby' Jindal in Louisiana, Nikki Haley in South Carolina, Rick Perry in Texas, and Nathan Deal in Georgia would not be in office.

I have had some problems with some of what the president has proposed and done (e.g. free trade).  I have a lot of problems with some of the advisors he has appointed (Rahm Emanuel, Jeffrey Immelt, Daley, and others).  There are too many of the corporate/DLC type.  Still, we need to vote.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 08:45:18 AM by EB »

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule