News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: Maxine Waters (Dem. CA) responds to President Obama  (Read 2616 times)

Offline NovaSkegee

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
Maxine Waters (Dem. CA) responds to President Obama
« on: September 26, 2011, 03:25:33 PM »
Maxine Waters (Dem. CA) responds to President Obama

Offline eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Maxine Waters (Dem. CA) responds to President Obama
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 08:55:34 PM »
Hummm!  I don't see what is wrong with what the president said. 
Whether great or small, victory is victory!

Offline EB

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 10:15:41 PM »

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 11:35:05 AM »
I agree with Maxine.  This President is so disappointing.  I am probably the most liberal person on this board, but, Obama has gone so far to the right and compromised (gave everything away except the kitchen sink) and got nothing in return.  Those right wing republicans are not going to vote for him.  Hell, they don't even respect him.  I do not have the same enthusiasm to return to the polls and pull the lever for him.  He has alienated his base.  Hell, he thinks blacks are going to vote for him just because...

P.S. Don't shoot the messenger.  I won't vote republican.  I just won't vote.
..............ok, yeah, you're right, dude, the RATIONAL thing to do if you are disappointed with the president's progress on liberal causes is to simply stay home.  Yeah, that'll show him.

But, query: Who will you blame when one of these CRACKPOTS is elected to the Oval Office and starts reversing as many as possible of the progressive policies enacted over the last, say, 50 years?

What goal will your "non-voting" protest have served when THAT happens?  :(

Offline Blackcaesar2k5

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://thebookwiz.com/70279
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2011, 01:53:59 PM »
I agree with brother ssutigerfan.. However, it is important that people do vote and make sure Dems  capture the house and keep the senate from wackos on the right.....

Santa Claus

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2011, 02:03:09 PM »
2012 election will be very interesting. As I said before, one cannot compromise with the devil. His so called team of advisers have helped railroad him on purpose. The other alternative will set the country back in regards to race relations and rescue of the middle class 65 years. The choice will have to be made. We as a people spent 5 Billion dollars that could have been used to help create jobs. Our ancestors may not have had degrees but they had good common sense and faith. They were independent and interdependent. They understood the importance of not relying on a system that had never had their best interest at heart. The sentiment in this country has been slowing turning since the election of Ronald Reagan in 1980. Some of us have been on top of it, but the masses sometimes have been too busy not surveying the landscape. Everything that is happening now was forecast and written in books as far back as 1983. These "forecasts" were plans for targeted and strategic action to take in the future. There are jobs, but they are intentionally being withheld until after the election of 2012. The major corporations blame it on the economic problems which is a lie. The vast majority have runaway profits and could hire millions, but they do not want to until someone is in the White House that will help to repeal the Obama Health Care Reform Act and allow the masses to work with medical benefits or any way to redress a health care system that is rift with problems and abuses and has no care or concern for the average person. We need to stop looking to one person to fix our problems. There needs to be a grassroots effort at the community level to turn around this morass of apathy that we have allowed ourselves as a group to get caught up in. There is not anything that is happening now that is not preplanned. They key is for the dis-satisfaction with Obama by many Blacks to propel them not to vote leading to the eventual and fast repeal of the Voting Rights Act under a new administration. We need to wake up. There is a lot riding on 2012, and there needs to be a new strategy for the Black Community. We have to once again regain that pioneering spirit of our ancestors that were former slaves, independence and interdependence. We need to stop begging for crumbs. Just about everything that is enjoyed in this country was created by a person of color. Many of the inventions that we enjoy were created by black folk. Law, medicine, government, writing, civilization versus barbarianism, surgery, and religion came from the Mother Land, Africa. The Universities that Aristotle and Plato learned from were in Africa, and they learned under the African philosophical minds. We do not need to let HIStory continue to pollute and convolute our directions.

Santa Claus

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2011, 02:06:19 PM »
Correction....without instead of with health benefits.

Offline Ramese98

• Assistant GM
  • THE NEW ASU
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2011, 02:08:19 PM »
 :lol: and she goes out and do just what je saiad to stop doing....WOW go figure.

The things WE BLACK FOLKS keep complaining about are not new!!! These are the same issues from yesterday, today and will be here tomorrow.  To put it simple and we go back and forth about it all day....BLACK FOLKS are overdue for being more policitcal active and too just now start bitching and moaning because YOU got a BLACK PRESIDENT, who is supposed to pander and cater to your every waking needs...that is BULLs**t and INSANE to think that. IF YOU DONT WANNA VOTE for HIM...then HELL DONT; but some better wake up and realize it is the same old congressman or congresswoman they got in office that is doing more harm. Presidents come and go within 4-8 years, but some of these same complainers been holding these seats since the 70s
It is What It is.....It will BE what it WILL be....

Offline Golden Kitten

• Assistant GM
  • Student Advokitty/Fashion Police
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2011, 03:50:33 PM »
I'm sorry but just because the President is AA doesn't mean that I have to agree with his not having a backbone...or at least standing for what he said he believes in. I'm not stupid, I do understand the idea of bipartisanship, and I understand compromise. I never expected him to be the "AA" president - I expected him to be the President of the US. What I didn't expect was his taking a position then compromising before there is any debate or anything else. What I didn't expect is his allowing members of Congress to be publicly disrespectful and not privately put their @zzes on notice. What I didn't expect was his having a whole lot to say to the CBC, but his reticence at saying anything remotely similar to the GOP. This is the same GOP that has put their @zzes in his face from Day 1 and I'm still waiting for him to tell them to go to the lower pit of east Hell on the head of a pin.

As for those who have been there forever - just remember, they too were young once. Strange how when you're young you complain about the elders but as you become an elder, you find yourself doing the same things, if not worse, than the elders who preceded you. A word to the wise...

Having said all of that, I am still going to vote for him - but this time it will be more as a "lesser of two evils" vote moreso than a vote for someone I believe will have the backbone to make the tough decisions and fight for what he claims to believe in...

Teeny and Little

Offline WileECoyote06

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2011, 03:54:28 PM »
Got my money saved up. . . .

Offline TrueTrojan

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2011, 04:02:40 PM »
I'm sorry but just because the President is AA doesn't mean that I have to agree with his not having a backbone...or at least standing for what he said he believes in. I'm not stupid, I do understand the idea of bipartisanship, and I understand compromise. I never expected him to be the "AA" president - I expected him to be the President of the US. What I didn't expect was his taking a position then compromising before there is any debate or anything else. What I didn't expect is his allowing members of Congress to be publicly disrespectful and not privately put their @zzes on notice. What I didn't expect was his having a whole lot to say to the CBC, but his reticence at saying anything remotely similar to the GOP. This is the same GOP that has put their @zzes in his face from Day 1 and I'm still waiting for him to tell them to go to the lower pit of east Hell on the head of a pin.

As for those who have been there forever - just remember, they too were young once. Strange how when you're young you complain about the elders but as you become an elder, you find yourself doing the same things, if not worse, than the elders who preceded you. A word to the wise...

Having said all of that, I am still going to vote for him - but this time it will be more as a "lesser of two evils" vote moreso than a vote for someone I believe will have the backbone to make the tough decisions and fight for what he claims to believe in...

Well stated and I'm right there with you.  I, too, am disappointed but am trying to figure out which is stronger-my disappointment in Obama or my disappointment in the American people and their racist agenda.  I am not naive but I was certainly fooled into thinking that the country was turning the corner on racism with Obama's election.  Stoopid me.  At any rate, I will definitely NOT stay home on Election Day and will pull the lever for Obama because the alternative would be worse.   
VIRGINIA STATE UNIVERSITY-"THE" University of Virginia.

Offline WileECoyote06

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2011, 04:05:50 PM »
Buying me a gun on October 1, 2012.

Offline westcoastaggie

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2011, 04:22:44 PM »
Sigh...

:thefan:

Offline TrueTrojan

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2011, 04:29:13 PM »
Buying me a gun on October 1, 2012.

:lmao:   I LIKE THAT!  :tiptoe:
VIRGINIA STATE UNIVERSITY-"THE" University of Virginia.

Offline eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2011, 09:12:11 PM »
I am so sick and tired of black people complaining. :brickwall:  "I won't vote, he doesn't have spine, he compromise to much, etc."  Maybe we should do what the president said because we are discouraging voting.  Amazing how we forget about all the good things that Obama had done and is doing.  America is not the only country that's going though financially. 

Praying for the president.
Whether great or small, victory is victory!

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule