News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: Federal disater aid.  (Read 3911 times)

Offline iceman4221

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Beast of the MidEast with 17 Football Championships and Counting...
Re: Federal disater aid.
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2011, 11:19:54 PM »
Strike, the hurricane damage is more than the surplus. My governor is not hypocrite.  He will ask for the aid later this week.  The bigger question is will the Obama Administration turn it down like they did when we had tornado damage earlier this year?

AND?!?!?!

I believe GOD is giving YOU, the Governor and the citizens of the illustrious state of Virginia an opportunity to show the rest of the nation why the FEMA and other FEDERAL Government Assistance Programs are not need...  

WELL with all of the Bull Chit Rhetorical Ethics fomented by both the Republican Party and specifically you and your Governor since OBAMA's election to the Presidency - this is your opportunity to "PUT UP" or "Shut the Fkcgn UP" and stop all of the LIES"!!!  

YOU PEOPLE have been indulging in TEA Party Rhetoric for the last 2.5 years, don't you think its time for the state of Virginia to "MAN UP" and show the remaining 49 states, how things can get done without any FEDERAL GOVERNMENT ASSISTANCE ?!?!?! ...
The iceman cometh

High Five!!!
NEVER Deliberate, Debate or Argue About what is Clearly Wrong and/or Unjust, and Try to Persuade Yourself or Others that it's Not...

Offline iceman4221

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2011, 11:39:31 PM »
81AlphaEagle, '87Alum, Strike79, Golden Kitten, EB, Cats4Ever, SoFloRattler, Wildman78 and Cholly...  People like Wh(y) and Oldsport fail to realize that the BS they foment will come back to haunt them... 

As a computer scientist, a small business owner and current  MBA student I find it quite intriguing that college graduates submit typed messages into forums that recorded their collective thoughts and then act as if nothing is wrong when those very thoughts begin to contradict one another... 

Additionally, when I began to notice the pattern of repeated rhetorical ethics, out right cut & pasting of articles and/or the sharing of information that did not have empirical data to support the posters assertions, I initially became dismay... 

However, its appear to me we have syncopants on this forum that are just like home boy and fellow alumni Armstrong Williams - some people will sell out their own, just for a few quick buck$...  I then remembered Marcus Garvey's teaching's and clarity came to the situation... 

Signed, no longer dismayed or confused, just disappointed in the choice of materiali$m over righteousness that some of us make...   

Deuces!!!
NEVER Deliberate, Debate or Argue About what is Clearly Wrong and/or Unjust, and Try to Persuade Yourself or Others that it's Not...

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2011, 01:53:35 AM »
81AlphaEagle, '87Alum, Strike79, Golden Kitten, EB, Cats4Ever, SoFloRattler, Wildman78 and Cholly...  People like Wh(y) and Oldsport fail to realize that the BS they foment will come back to haunt them... 

As a computer scientist, a small business owner and current  MBA student I find it quite intriguing that college graduates submit typed messages into forums that recorded their collective thoughts and then act as if nothing is wrong when those very thoughts begin to contradict one another... 

Additionally, when I began to notice the pattern of repeated rhetorical ethics, out right cut & pasting of articles and/or the sharing of information that did not have empirical data to support the posters assertions, I initially became dismay... 

However, its appear to me we have syncopants on this forum that are just like home boy and fellow alumni Armstrong Williams - some people will sell out their own, just for a few quick buck$...  I then remembered Marcus Garvey's teaching's and clarity came to the situation... 

Signed, no longer dismayed or confused, just disappointed in the choice of materiali$m over righteousness that some of us make...   

Deuces!!!

:nod:  :clap: :clap: :clap:

Offline EB

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2011, 07:37:22 AM »
Rev. Jesse Jackson.
Civil rights activist

They Hate Government -- Until They Need It

Posted: 8/30/11 01:30 PM ET

Irene has hit, leaving destruction in its wake. We could track Irene and prepare for it; we could not stop it. And now, states and localities, despite the secessionist mumblings of Texas Gov. Rick Perry, cannot pay to repair the damage. Representatives from North Carolina to Virginia to New Jersey, even those most vocal about slashing government spending, now call on Washington for help.

Conservatives scorn government until they need it.

The economic disaster is a manmade -- not a natural -- disaster. Some economists, mostly ignored, warned about it, but could not stop it. And now, it will take federal action to repair the damage.

Offline Cats4ever

• Assistant GM
  • General Manager
    • View Profile
    • FVSU: Let's build a winner.
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2011, 04:00:26 PM »
I have the perfect solution for those who advocate limiting government, they should receive funding for this disaster from the federal government; however, federal spending in other areas would be cut dollar for dollar to off cut the increase in spending.  The state will have to pick up the tab on everything else and let citizens handle their own leaders.  People need to view the government as insurance that can provide if something should happen.
Your treatment of others give them control of your soul
Matthew 5:25-26

Offline iceman4221

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2011, 11:49:51 PM »
Rev. Jesse Jackson.
Civil rights activist

They Hate Government -- Until They Need It

Posted: 8/30/11 01:30 PM ET

Irene has hit, leaving destruction in its wake. We could track Irene and prepare for it; we could not stop it. And now, states and localities, despite the secessionist mumblings of Texas Gov. Rick Perry, cannot pay to repair the damage. Representatives from North Carolina to Virginia to New Jersey, even those most vocal about slashing government spending, now call on Washington for help.

Conservatives scorn government until they need it.

The economic disaster is a manmade -- not a natural -- disaster. Some economists, mostly ignored, warned about it, but could not stop it. And now, it will take federal action to repair the damage.

The funny thing EB is these fools, have forgotten that its 2011 not 1965...  Over 60% of americans have either a cell phone, camera or camcorder and can record video and audio with these devices.  

So the days of being able to say one thing to voters in Arizona, and something different to those in Iowa or South Carolina and other contradictory things to voters in California, Texas or New York is over...  

You (politicians) no longer have control over media and the dissemination of such "sound bites"...  "Everyday Joes" can expose every single spoken word, antic and other deeds of candidates from place to place on You Tube and other places across the internet...

I love the modern world and the technology that empowers each individual;  anyone one can be a  reporter that can do a "real-life" expos'e on what our politicians say and do "24-7"...  

That's my two cents...      
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 11:58:08 PM by iceman4221 »

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule