News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: Obama announces debt agreement  (Read 1948 times)

Online Bison66

• Assistant GM
  • What I discovered about my Ancestor was AMAZING!
    • View Profile
    • CLANDESTINE - The Book
Re: Obama announces debt agreement
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2011, 11:05:11 PM »
^^^^ Please don't pretend not to know the facts.

The Affordable Care Act DID include many Republican proposals and is quite similar to previous Republican proposals.  So, compromise was built in.

However, as EVERYONE KNOWS, the Repubs decided that defeating it would be Obama's Waterloo, so they decided to oppose it - regardless or as you would say, irregardless.
O0

Offline eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2011, 10:10:49 PM »
I stand behing my president on this issue.  This will work in his favor. 
Whether great or small, victory is victory!

Offline Cholly

• Assistant GM
  • ^Olds**ts, DUMBASSwh?y & mrwh?yers**ts Prez & Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2011, 12:42:42 AM »
It REALLY won't.  :nono2:

This will throw the Nation BACK into recession and make it IMPOSSIBLE for the Federal Government to fight it.

THAT will be blamed on the black guy.

This crap will also make ANY and ALL future negotiations with the gop next to impossible because they will just hold the Country hostage again.

THAT will also (and SHOULD also) be blamed on the black guy.

Obama lost this fight the SECOND he bought into that idiotic gop talking point (and successful anti-Obama strategy) of reducing the debt during an economic downturn.

HE let them change the subject and drive the discussion, and BECAUSE he wanted to appeal to so-called independents, he played right along with them.

Thing is, HIZZa-- GOT PLAYED!!!

He sold out his base and probably won't get re-elected, ESPECIALLLY since he has NO CHANCE NOW of reducing unemployment.

Lose/lose for the black guy.  >:(

^^^SPEAKS FOR ITSELF!!!

Offline eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2011, 01:39:54 AM »
It REALLY won't.  :nono2:

This will throw the Nation BACK into recession and make it IMPOSSIBLE for the Federal Government to fight it.

THAT will be blamed on the black guy.

This crap will also make ANY and ALL future negotiations with the gop next to impossible because they will just hold the Country hostage again.

THAT will also (and SHOULD also) be blamed on the black guy.

Obama lost this fight the SECOND he bought into that idiotic gop talking point (and successful anti-Obama strategy) of reducing the debt during an economic downturn.

HE let them change the subject and drive the discussion, and BECAUSE he wanted to appeal to so-called independents, he played right along with them.

Thing is, HIZZa-- GOT PLAYED!!!

He sold out his base and probably won't get re-elected, ESPECIALLLY since he has NO CHANCE NOW of reducing unemployment.

Lose/lose for the black guy.  >:(

I just don't see it like this.  Obama is still the man andI really believe that he knows what he is doing. 
Whether great or small, victory is victory!

Offline Cholly

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2011, 08:30:19 AM »
Oh he knows EXACTLY what he is doing.  :no:

It's just THE WRONG THING.  :tiptoe:

He is playing to a group of people THAT WILL NOT SUPPORT HIM IN THE NEXT ELECTION AND IN THE PROCESS HAS LOST AND OR DISAFFECTED HIS BASE. >:(

People who gave generously to his campaign (like my wife and I) are NOT interested in giving this time. NOR are we interested in making phone calls or going door to door to get out the vote.

I won't have a yard sign out front NOR a bumper sticker on my car.

And if I feel this way, I can imagine a large percentage of other middle class black supporters feel the same way.

That my friend, will NOT make his chances of re-election stronger. :no:

^^^SPEAKS FOR ITSELF!!!

Online Bison66

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • CLANDESTINE - The Book
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2011, 05:42:38 PM »
Cholly,

Trust me:  I respect your decision to do what you believe is best for you, our family, our people and the country.

I also know that you are astute and you realize that the (in)actions you have described will increase (slightly) the possibilities of a President Bachmann, Pawlenty, etc.

I have my own disagreements with Obama (the debt deal is not a big one for me), but I STILL KNOW that the country, my family and my people are in better hands with him in office that ANY of the conceivable alternatives.

So, I will make additional donations; I will make SKYPE calls to voters; when I am in the States, I will volunteer at Obama campaign offices and I will continue to be a vocal and active supporter of President Obama.
O0

Offline Cholly

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2011, 08:44:04 AM »
 :nono2:

C'mon 66; you should know better than to think I won't participate in this election.

I will hold my nose, send a FRACTION of what we gave in '07 and '08, and darken in the oval with Obamas name at the top.

^^^SPEAKS FOR ITSELF!!!

Online Bison66

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • CLANDESTINE - The Book
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2011, 01:29:43 PM »
Again, I KNOW you will do what you believe is best.  No doubt.

But....
Those of us who can see beyond the headlines and beyond our own narrow and selfish self-interest can (and IMO should) hold the banner high to encourage those who will be discouraged and may be tempted to reduce their visible and active support.  When that happens, it is contagious and plays into the hands of the Repubs and TPers who are determined to undermine (successfully) and question (consistently) the legitimacy and effectiveness of  the President.
Yard sign, bumper sticker, phone calls, donations.

As a friend of mine says:  President Obama is the best metaphor that Black folks have.

However, beyond the symbolism and OUR frustrations on certain issues or tactics lies the dreadful alternative of Perry, Bachmann and even Romney (due not to his own ideology, but to his willingness to play along) with a Republican Congress!!!

As Palin would say (I can't believe I am quoting her!!):  IT IS TIME TO RELOAD!!(METAPHORICALLY, of course!)
O0
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 11:40:37 PM by Bison66 »

Offline Cholly

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2011, 05:50:38 PM »
66 it is all about calculus.

Obama is NOT a republiklan... but he sure does very little to STOP them from getting their way.

Additionally, he has decided that he doesn't NEED liberals and progressives to get re-elected, and instead is focusing his policies and actions towards wooing so-called independents.

Well, THAT MAKES HIM MORE CONSERVATIVE THAN ANY OF US VOTED FOR!

I hope other show their displeasure with his decision to abandon us in favor of stupid people who won't support him anyhow.  >:(

^^^SPEAKS FOR ITSELF!!!

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule