News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: Obama announces debt agreement  (Read 1608 times)

Online Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: Obama announces debt agreement
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2011, 10:11:21 AM »
My early reaction : Obama folds once again.

I still want to read the details before i make a decision

Mine also.  It always seems that compromise ends up being do whatever the teapublicans want.  :shrug:
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 11:08:38 AM by Que82 »
Never discuss cheese with a rat, bread with a bird or make moves with a snake.

Lord, remove the front teeth of my enemies so I can know them by their smile.

Offline Ramese98

• Assistant GM
  • THE NEW ASU
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2011, 10:35:19 AM »
I am getting sick and tired of OB and all of this compromise.  I am getting sick and tired of the DEMS in all of the compromise, but guess whatyou get what you deserve. It all comes back to sooooo many DEMS not being real DEMS and not supporting the President back when it counted and now they want to stand tall and thump chest. The President does not cast the vote, he can veto, but he does not cast the vote. The main questions is what else could have been done?
It is What It is.....It will BE what it WILL be....

Offline Cholly

• Assistant GM
  • ^Oldshits, DUMBASSwh?y & mrwh?yershits Prez & Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2011, 10:51:36 AM »
There is a HUGE difference between what CAN be... and what COULD HAVE BEEN done.

Obama and the Democrats have srewed this whole confrontation up in soooooo many ways it isn't even funny.

They LET the republiklans and the teabaggers dictate the discussion and control the issues. It was ALWAYS react with them, and since the president was so deadset on being Mr. Conciliatory, he ALWAYS negotiated from a position of WEAKNESS.

Throw in his need to appeal to so-called independents (who vote conservative anyhow as witnessed in 2010) and you quickly understand why he gives up ALL the key position points of concern of his base before the negotiations even start.  >:(

This is NOT the Change we were promised. The conservatives get every single thing they want... even though WE THE PEOPLE didn't give them complete control of the government.

Spineless ARSE Democrats... including the Commander in Chief.  >:(

^^^SPEAKS FOR ITSELF!!!

Santa Claus

« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2011, 11:18:33 AM »
President Obama needs to start using his Black Man card!!! There are some things that you can't compromise on. They are using tactics to make him look weak and ineffective, and his so called Democratic buddies are like a bunch of Judases. If the job market does not improve, he can kiss re-election goodbye. The average person is concerned with making ends meet, paying bills, sending their child to college, and having the necessities and a few extras, and if that is taken away, the first person that they always blame will be the President. The Democratic Congress features Judas and his cousins Brutus and the gang. Et tu Brute!

Offline j1908

• Assistant GM
  • A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2011, 11:21:25 AM »
I am getting sick and tired of OB and all of this compromise.  I am getting sick and tired of the DEMS in all of the compromise, but guess whatyou get what you deserve. It all comes back to sooooo many DEMS not being real DEMS and not supporting the President back when it counted and now they want to stand tall and thump chest. The President does not cast the vote, he can veto, but he does not cast the vote. The main questions is what else could have been done?

Co-sign
WE ARE ALL  IMPORTANT BUT I AM FASCINATING !!!!!

Offline Jag6373

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2011, 11:59:28 AM »
I'm just sick!!!  Democrats have to stand for something.  Why is it okay to start wars so friends of Cheney and Bush can be given no-bid contracts, but when it comes to spending money on ordinary citizens, we're spending too much.  In addition to spineless leaders, our American citizens are selfish, ignorant of how government works, racist, etc. or they would not vote for the teabaggers, etc.

We get the government we elect whether we vote or not!

Offline Cholly

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2011, 12:11:14 PM »
You got it!  >:(

Throw in the end of the Fairness Doctrine and VIOLA; here we are.  :tiptoe:

^^^SPEAKS FOR ITSELF!!!

Offline Golden Kitten

• Assistant GM
  • Student Advokitty/Fashion Police
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2011, 12:16:27 PM »
Bingo...

While I understand the idea of pragmatism, at some point you can't always say what you won't do and you can't always show your hand. I still think he should have invoked the 14th amendment and pressed on - but once he said he wouldn't do it, that gave the Teapublicans (yep I stole your word 82) and morsel of strength...

I know the Dems are trying to do what is best FOR THE COUNTRY, but when folks don't even know the difference btwn the debt ceiling and budget deficits...

I hope it's voted down and he's forced to invoke the 14th amendment. Then let the GOP take him to court... :nod:

:tiptoe:

Teeny and Little

Offline Bison 4 Life

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2011, 12:24:11 PM »
Same old whining excuses from Blacks and progressives. Maybe its time to take a page from the Tea Baggers and take to the streets.

If Obama had the nation default under his watch his legacy would right there with Harding and Hoover.

Offline Cholly

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2011, 12:34:02 PM »
Same old whining excuses from Blacks and progressives. Maybe its time to take a page from the Tea Baggers and take to the streets.

If Obama had the nation default under his watch his legacy would right there with Harding and Hoover.

AGREED!!!  >:(

But Liberals/Progressives/Moderates are thinkers... not emotional do-ers.

Expect the slide to continue....  :tiptoe:

^^^SPEAKS FOR ITSELF!!!

Offline Cholly

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2011, 12:36:27 PM »
Bingo...

While I understand the idea of pragmatism, at some point you can't always say what you won't do and you can't always show your hand. I still think he should have invoked the 14th amendment and pressed on - but once he said he wouldn't do it, that gave the Teapublicans (yep I stole your word 82) and morsel of strength...

I know the Dems are trying to do what is best FOR THE COUNTRY, but when folks don't even know the difference btwn the debt ceiling and budget deficits...

I hope it's voted down and he's forced to invoke the 14th amendment. Then let the GOP take him to court... :nod:

:tiptoe:

EXACTLY!!!

BTW, I almost hate to say it, but yeah; I hope the teabaggers and progressives vote it down too. That would FORCE Mr. Middle-Of-The-Road to grab his crotch and step up... IF that is, he's really interested in doing what is best for the Nation as he says. :tiptoe:

^^^SPEAKS FOR ITSELF!!!

Offline Blackcaesar2k5

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://thebookwiz.com/70279
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2011, 01:10:23 PM »
Liberals, Unions, and Blacks did hold protests last week in captiol.. Unfortunately, it wasn't reported by the lame brain mainstream corporate media...
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 07:53:34 AM by Blackcaesar2k5 »

Offline WileECoyote06

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2011, 01:30:35 PM »
I wish he'd issued an executive order as well.  he probably would have been impeached though, but I think that would have forced the democrats to either splinter or unify.  Because many of his party-colleagues are about as good as a box of rocks.

Offline Cholly

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2011, 02:21:37 PM »
Clinton was impeached for breaking the law.  :shrug:

(Obama would NOT be breaking any law, but rather enforcing it.)

The Senate would NOT remove him so it's a zero sum gain. MEANWHILE the Nation avoids default.

^^^SPEAKS FOR ITSELF!!!

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2011, 10:24:27 PM »
Why don't you people read the agreement first.

I have and it sucks raw pterodactyl eggs - and the Pres once again takes the pragmatic route - I've sent him a C-140 loaded with calcium for his spine... :no:

You might want to use a C-130.  The last C-140 is on static display at Scott AFB. 

President Obama needs to start using his Black Man card!!! There are some things that you can't compromise on. They are using tactics to make him look weak and ineffective, and his so called Democratic buddies are like a bunch of Judases. If the job market does not improve, he can kiss re-election goodbye. The average person is concerned with making ends meet, paying bills, sending their child to college, and having the necessities and a few extras, and if that is taken away, the first person that they always blame will be the President. The Democratic Congress features Judas and his cousins Brutus and the gang. Et tu Brute!

You people can't have it both ways.  I remember you people calling the GOP the party of no every time they were against the democrats when they were the majority.  The compromise on the debt ceiling must be a good one.  The GOP doesn't like it either.  Remember what happened when the democrats ran roughshod and passed the health care bill?  It cost them the majority in the house.  Had they compromised and gotten GOP support I doubt the GOP would be in the majority in the house.  As long as the GOP has the majority in the house and the democrats have the majority in the Senate there will be compromises.  Now the GOP has to pass a budget before 1 October.
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in.

=OW=

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News