News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: Can (should) a credit union do this?  (Read 673 times)

Offline House Rules

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
Can (should) a credit union do this?
« on: July 07, 2011, 12:56:48 AM »
I have direct deposit to my credit union...which my wife and I joined over 12 years ago.  We have a Visa credit card with the same bank.  I have been paying the credit card bill online, from either my savings or checking accounts.

Last year, we filed for divorce, and the wife stopped her direct deposit into the account, and also tried to "remove" her name from the Visa card, which carried a balance.  Visa immediately alerted me via the mail, and I refused to release her from the responsibility to pay off the debt. 

I took my lawyers advice to remove her name from the checking and savings accounts, but would not remove her name from the credit card.

Since I closed that account, and restarted another at the same credit union (so that I could continue to pay the visa bill online) my soon=to=be ex has called the credit union, and they have REMOVED THE VISA ACCOUNT FROM MY ONLINE BANKING. >:(

We have not used the card since July of 2010, and have been paying it off.  Now, I can't pay the bill online, just because she made a call to the bank.  Does this make sense?

I called the bank, and all they would say is that they "received a call from my spouse alerting them of a pending divorce."  They could not answer why my online payment ability has been interrupted or cancelled.  They promised to send me a letter "explaining their actions."

Does this sound proper?

Offline Decks

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: Can (should) a credit union do this?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 01:49:37 AM »
It's not that unusual if she's was listed as the primary card owner.

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule